News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

smooch

Facts! We really are, collectively, the most miserable, 💩-talking group of Disneyland fans I’ve ever come across on the internet. Not sure how WDWMagic attracted such a fine group of fans, but it happened, somehow.
My girlfriend makes jokes about how I'm simultaneously a Disneyland fan and Disneyland hater all the time, I'm glad I'm not the only person like that on here. She also tries to tease me and call me a "Disney adult" but there's a very clear difference I have to remind her between a Disney Park history lover and a Disney adult 😂

Brer Oswald

I was so excited for this one too. The first one is a nice movie and a great ode to fans of videogames.

The sequel really dropped the ball and its only notable segments are those that just advertise and insult the Disney corporation.
It was such a let down. I remembered how the director was taking about how he’d DEFINITELY get Mario in the sequel, and it was gearing up to be a celebration of console gaming.

Californian Elitist

The WDWMagic Disneyland sub-forum anytime Disneyland announces…well, pretty much anything:

6C5552B2-C95D-4E33-9EF6-AEA646A3C642.jpeg

CaptinEO

It was such a let down. I remembered how the director was taking about how he’d DEFINITELY get Mario in the sequel, and it was gearing up to be a celebration of console gaming.
No way! That's insane. To think how great that would have been. I wonder why they changed the story?

Toy Story was the perfect movie to let audiences be familiarized with past toys, Wreck it Ralph was this for videogames and it should've continued in that direction.

Instead they had Robot Chicken Esque parodies of Disney Princesses and Star Wars.

Californian Elitist

My girlfriend makes jokes about how I'm simultaneously a Disneyland fan and Disneyland hater all the time, I'm glad I'm not the only person like that on here. She also tries to tease me and call me a "Disney adult" but there's a very clear difference I have to remind her between a Disney Park history lover and a Disney adult 😂
Listen, if they weren’t making so many bad decisions, we wouldn’t complain.🤷🏾‍♀️ Simple as that lol. I’ve tried mingling with the super positive Disneyland fans, and I literally can’t engage. Then I just back here and breathe a sigh of relief because of all the negativity and misery.

2218886C-258D-42B2-99E8-E6A8D6F2DCF6.jpeg

We are absolutely NOT Disney adults. No one here has given me that vibe. They’re on another level, one I want no part of.

CaptinEO

Listen, if they weren’t making so many bad decisions, we wouldn’t complain.🤷🏾‍♀️ Simple as that lol. I’ve tried mingling with the super positive Disneyland fans, and I literally can’t engage. Then I just back here and breathe a sigh of relief because of all the negativity and misery.

View attachment 693770

We are absolutely NOT Disney adults. No one here has given me that vibe. They’re on another level, one I want no part of.
Honestly in 2015 I was super happy with Disneyland's direction and had only minor complaints.

I think no one joined boards to complain, we joined them to share in our fandom and love of Disneyland.

Now that the company and place has changed so much we are now old fuddy duddies who look like we're out of touch and passive agressive.

I say us now "old timers" keep the memory of what Disney used to be, alive.

If it werent for those who reminisce on better times people would just assume Disneyland was always all about mobile order, star wars, reservations, 90s nites, limited edition churros, and lightning lanes.

smooch

View attachment 693770

I can only spend so much time on Disney Twitter before I lose my mind and go back to the rest of Twitter, I don't even engage on there aside from retweets because I've seen completely rational takes / criticisms get harassed and bombarded and I don't wanna deal with that.

Brer Oswald

No way! That's insane. To think how great that would have been. I wonder why they changed the story?

Toy Story was the perfect movie to let audiences be familiarized with past toys, Wreck it Ralph was this for videogames and it should've continued in that direction.

Instead they had Robot Chicken Esque parodies of Disney Princesses and Star Wars.
I think Nintendo and Disney just didn’t want to play ball with each other. Even without the plumber, they still could have made something special but they didn’t.

Californian Elitist

Honestly in 2015 I was super happy with Disneyland's direction and had only minor complaints.

I think no one joined boards to complain, we joined them to share in our fandom and love of Disneyland.

Now that the company and place has changed so much we are now old fuddy duddies who look like we're out of touch and passive agressive.

I say us now "old timers" keep the memory of what Disney used to be, alive.

If it werent for those who reminisce on better times people would just assume Disneyland was always all about mobile order, star wars, reservations, 90s nites, limited edition churros, and lightning lanes.
2015 was the last time I was most pleased with the parks within the last decade. They’ve made a lot of decisions that have turned me off. Not to mention my interests and priorities have changed since then.
I can only spend so much time on Disney Twitter before I lose my mind and go back to the rest of Twitter, I don't even engage on there aside from retweets because I've seen completely rational takes / criticisms get harassed and bombarded and I don't wanna deal with that.
I’m not on Twitter at all. It’s not good for my sanity and mental health. I don’t know how folks can spend a bunch of hours on there.

Brer Oswald

View attachment 693770

My friend called me a “Disney Adult” and I felt kinda offended. I am way too cynical for that 😂

CaptinEO

2015 was the last time I was most pleased with the parks within the last decade. They’ve made a lot of decisions that have turned me off. Not to mention my interests and priorities have changed since then.

I’m not on Twitter at all. It’s not good for my sanity and mental health. I don’t know how folks can spend a bunch of hours on there.
I agree with you. It was a really good year, and they were plussing Alice, Matterhorn, and Peter Pan.

Even with the Star Wars Land announcement and excitement of a new movie everyone naturally assumed Disney would knock those out of the park.

It was such a different time. I view the closure of the Tower of Terror as the beginning of the end for Disneyland Resort. Everything since then has just been for the worst.

Disneyland has always been expensive, but once I paid admission I never used to feel like I was being shaken down for cash every step of the way like I do now.

_caleb

So she isn't really popular because of the movie but rather because she helps make the Princesses racially diverse.

iu
Seems like there could be maybe more than one single reason.
Unfortunately Disney has decided it’s easier to just stick with the handful of established black characters they already have and then just race swap others to increase diversity rather than actually developing new black characters.

Given how popular Encanto, Coco, etc have been it’s weird they continue to ignore the popularity of creating new characters in favor of simply replacing old ones, there’s a huge market for new stories but it’s easier to just rehash old stories In new ways.
Strange World is a new story with Black characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom