Thunder Mountain to close this September and will remain closed through most of 2013

Figments Friend

Quite pleased things are coming close to completion.
Very happy to know this will be something i will get to experience in May.
It was so sorely missed when i was around in September...doing my themed Tour.

Now it looks like it i will be spending a lot of time riding it...making up for *lost chances* back then.
Heh heh...well, actually...i will more then likely be riding it a lot because so many other Attractions will be down for refurb that week in am in town!
Du*oh...!
:facepalm:

Fine..i love BTMR.
I love *Tony*s Mountain*
Bring me that train car......

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I was lucky enough to ride Thunder Mountain a few times Friday. It is so great to have this classic attraction back, it really breathes life back into Frontierland. I enjoyed the added effects into the final lift hill very much.

I think the original Thunder Mountain at Disneyland may have moved up to my 3rd favorite of the four Thunders following Paris and Tokyo! Very nicely done!

Nicole220

The final lift hill effects are so cool! If you haven't watched the video yet and have the chance to see it in person soon, don't watch the video. What an awesome experience and welcome change it is!

Figments Friend

The final lift hill effects are so cool! If you haven't watched the video yet and have the chance to see it in person soon, don't watch the video. What an awesome experience and welcome change it is!

This is EXACTLY what i have been doing - ignoring the videos.
I want to be surprised when i ride in early May.
Really looking forward to it.

BTMR has been a big fave of mine for some time...for various reasons.
I know WDWs version like the back of my hand...but getting to experience *the Original* is always a special honor.

Last edited:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Got to ride today. Got there at 10:30, it was down (I heard it went down 40 min. after park open)... didn't reopen til noon. I was there when they let everyone in again, so no wait. It's so smooth! The new effects were super cool, too, although the smoke blasts weren't working. :facepalm: I'm glad it's back.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Got to ride today. Got there at 10:30, it was down (I heard it went down 40 min. after park open)... didn't reopen til noon. I was there when they let everyone in again, so no wait. It's so smooth! The new effects were super cool, too, although the smoke blasts weren't working. :facepalm: I'm glad it's back.

Smooth, like Space Mountain smooth?

I heard they've been turning the effects on and off. Apparently they're waiting until it's officially open to keep the effects on all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom