Thunder Mountain to close this September and will remain closed through most of 2013

Travel Junkie

I rode it Sunday during the AP preview and it all looks great. The track is very smooth and at least to me felt a little slower since you aren’t getting jostled around so much. It still has all the same dips and tight turns, just smoother than before. Overall it looks great. In particular the bats and of course the much talked about new final lift hill looks much better in person.
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is how much better everything sounds. The new explosions can be heard faintly in the load area, while on other parts of the ride, and even on the pathway behind the ride. There appears to be other new ambient audio (or it is just working now) around the mountain. Not only does it look great, it sounds great.

George Lucas on a Bench

I enjoyed it, including the altered ending. I always liked the original version with the bulging rocks (which I think were stupidly removed from all versions), but I can't deny the new version is pretty awesome. It's also far better than the broken WDW version. It was never one of my favorite attractions, but I can't deny it's a fun time. It's just nice to have it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom