Thrill Seeker's Guide to December 6th Openings

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Ok, so based on everything that I've done, I'm ready to make my suggestions.

December 6th is a Thursday, but that won't stop the die hard fans from being there when everything opens.

My suggestion first snd formost is to skip Fantasyland. Unless you get there early, that's gonna be slammed. It's currently soft open now, so check it out before the grand opening for slightly less crowds.

Test Track is a must do. Go to Epcot early to check out it's new crown jewel. Expect 1 to 2 hour lines. Possibly worse than Toy Story or Soarin' on a daily basis, so get there early.

Jack Sparrow really isn't that big of a draw and being as low capacity as it is, will have long lines. If the line is short, check it out late in the day during the Osbourne Lights.

backinaction

I also have a trip nov-28-dec 6. We leave at night so I was planning to head over to epcot the last day to experience TT2. I don't get why the "grand opening" at the New Fantasy land is such a big deal. Aren't all the attractions already open? Is there anything that will open on the 6th that wasn't opened already? Also, does anyone know yet if testtrack will be doing soft openings before the 6th? Thanks everyone.

RozFan

Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland

Gaston's Tavern: A quick service restaurant which serves LeFeu's Brew, a frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and a passion fruit foam as well as roasted pork shanks, warm cinnamon rolls, soft drinks and other snack options. Just like you'd expect, it has antlers in all of his decorating... LeFou's Brew is decent, but it's no Butterbeer. The cinnamon rolls are big, gooey and delicious. It's a solid quick service option.

Current Status: Soft Open

The only thing I would change here is calling Gaston's Tavern a quick service restaurant. It is more of a grab and go than anything resembling something like Pinocchio's, Peco's, Cosmic's... no children's options, very minimal seating, and the menu is really a couple snack items and a signature drink. If you are looking for lunch/dinner here you are not going to find much. It's super cute and a great addition though, just nothing like a quick service restaurant.

NoChesterHester

Burbank.
TDO wanted the cheapest refurb possible, ie the actual projection. Daddy made them go the whole hog with the decor and preshows.

Hearing this makes we want to scream. The decision makers at corporate Orlando must really not care about their product?

I have trouble separating fan bias from the real reality. I hope that the suits aren't as stupid as they are made out to be.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I also have a trip nov-28-dec 6. We leave at night so I was planning to head over to epcot the last day to experience TT2. I don't get why the "grand opening" at the New Fantasy land is such a big deal. Aren't all the attractions already open? Is there anything that will open on the 6th that wasn't opened already? Also, does anyone know yet if testtrack will be doing soft openings before the 6th? Thanks everyone.

Test Track is in CM previews. It's close to being completely finished, so once it is, I expect soft openings to the general public will begin.

backinaction

Test Track is in CM previews. It's close to being completely finished, so once it is, I expect soft openings to the general public will begin.
thanks for the response. Nobody has said anything yet about guest previews so I wasn't sure. Would the Disney app tell me if it was open or not?

DisneyWorldFred

I will be at WDW Dec 5-11 we're try to eat at one of these places given the wait time etc after I found out how disappointing the place has changed since 2008 or 2007 before my father got soo ill we couldn't go away in his condition. I look forward to returning but there is a part of me that probably won't like what I see.

NADisney

I will be arriving tuesday , Dec 4th .But will be visitng the Mk on wed too look around, and some pics,dine for lunch at BoG. Then Visit Thursday for the ceremony and get the t-shirt , and hat.then pins at coronado.then Christmas Party thursday night.

I was at Disneylands 50th, on sunday july 17th..at 3pm in town square , a large crowd gathered around the flag pole to hear walts dedication speech.Alot of us was watching the big screens of that day..when right next to me was two cast members guiding mickey to the plauqe at the flagpole.When walt talked , and with micey standing just inches away from me..it was such a wounderful feeling not to forget.

Being at the opening of Fantasyland has that same feeling, wear the t-shirt, getting your pictur taken with Ariel, Bell, Gaston..and any other character that day. It's a memorie too share, and pass on.

bdearl41

Thrill seekers guide= nothing to see here, a slow moving roller coaster, an omnimover, and a meet and greet. Enjoy the next coaster being planned for BGT or SWO.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thrill seekers guide= nothing to see here, a slow moving roller coaster, an omnimover, and a meet and greet. Enjoy the next coaster being planned for BGT or SWO.

What is the speed of the Mine Ride going to be I hadn't heard that mentioned anywhere yet?

bdearl41

What is the speed of the Mine Ride going to be I hadn't heard that mentioned anywhere yet?

I dont think they ahve said, but judging by the height and track layout, I cannot imagine it being more than 15-20 mph at the fastest. Biggest drop appears to be maybe 25 feet, which will be a banked helix at that more than likely. Not saying it wont be a good ride, just not a "thrill seeker" ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom