Thrill Seeker's Guide to December 6th Openings

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
This thread is designed to give impressions/thoughts on everything opening on December 6th as well as discussions about said impressions. I'll update this thread frequently with updated impressions as they come.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland

What's opening? Be Our Guest Resturaunt, Gaston's Tavern, Bonjour! Gifts, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, Ariel's Grotto

Be Our Guest Restaurant: Enter the Beast's Castle, which has been transformed into a magical restaurant. Thematically it's the best restaurant on property. Each room is wonderfully themed and looks amazing. It's snowing outside of the ballroom and the West Wing is still trashed. The Beast even comes out in regal atire to greet his guests in the study. The food is absolutely wonderful. I had a Cornish Hen with roasted potatoes, which were delicious. I also had a beer, a first for Magic Kingdom. Deserts consist of cupcakes and cream puffs. I had a strawberry cream cheese cupcake that was fantastic. You may have heard that the gray stuff is delicious, but only for special occasions may you actually get to try it like a birthday or aniversary. The pricing is honestly not as bad as you'd think. I only spent $28 for my meal, which isn't too bad at all. Overall, Be Our Guest is the premiere restaurant to enjoy at the Magic Kingdom, or anywhere on property.

Current Status: Soft Open

Gaston's Tavern: A quick service restaurant which serves LeFeu's Brew, a frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmellow and a passion fruit foam as well as roasted pork shanks, warm cinnamon rolls, soft drinks and other snack options. Just like you'd expect, it has antlers in all of his decorating... LeFeu's Brew is decent, but it's no Butterbeer. The cinnemon rolls are big, gooey and delicious. It's a solid quick service option.

Bonjour! Village Gifts: A gift shop offering Beauty and the Beast themed dinnerware and other Magic Kingdom themed gifts. It's nothing special unless you want plates from Be Our Guest...

Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid: Board a clamshell and join Ariel and friends for an undersea adventure that retells the story of The Little Mermaid. It's a classic dark ride with some impressive effects, but the animatronics look a little strange and the story gets choppy after Kiss the Girl. Still, a solid new ride.

Ariel's Grotto: A meet and greet with Ariel in mermaid form. It's queue is better than most meet and greets, but it's still a pretty bare bones experience.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Disney's Hollywood Studios

What's Opening? The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: Walk into Captain Jack's Pirate Grotto to see if you have what it takes to join his crew! It's a standing only attraction featuring some interactive elements and really impressive projection effects. It's a nice little attraction to check out, but not worth waiting more that 30 min for.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
Epcot

What's Opening? Test Track 2.0

Test Track: Design your own vehicle of the future, then test it out on the Test Track to see if your design has what it takes!

First you enter the sleek new Chevy Design Center where you see different concept cars and designs.

Next, you enter the design studio and create your dream car. The goal is to balance the four elements for optimum effect. You can customize pretty much every aspect of your vehicle.

Next, you link your design and board a Sim Car and teat your design on the Sim Track. The track layout is the same, but that's where the similarities end. It has a very Tron futuristic look. Each of the four elements is tested and your vehicle is graded and compared to other designs linked to your vehicle. The effects are simply awesome and difficult to explain. Not everything was working when I rode, but most of it was. The final test, Power, is the outdoor portion of the ride.

After your ride, you enter an interactive post show where you can see how your design scorec and use your design in a variety of activities such as making a commercial.

I thought it was simply incredible. It's the Teat Track you know and love but drastically improved. So much so that it feels like a completely new ride. This is the best attraction at Epcot and one of the best attractions in all of Disney. Simply outstanding.

Current Status: Cast Previews

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
I`ll be there the 7th thru the 14th. Do you think this will effect crowd levels alot?

Probably. Expect Magic Kingdom to be especially busy. Epcot may see a bit of an increase due to Track. Studios will be for everyone who didn't want to deal with the crowds at MK or Epcot.

rle4lunch

I'll be there for the entire week. My wife and I set our itinerary up around the grand opening but realize that it's going to be a madhouse. Instead, we bought Christmas Party tickets for the night of the 6th so at least the crowds will be limited to just the folks who are doing the party that night. Most likely it'll be sold out, but it beats the crap out of how that park is going to be in the daytime that day.

evilzorac

I'll be there for the entire week. My wife and I set our itinerary up around the grand opening but realize that it's going to be a madhouse. Instead, we bought Christmas Party tickets for the night of the 6th so at least the crowds will be limited to just the folks who are doing the party that night. Most likely it'll be sold out, but it beats the crap out of how that park is going to be in the daytime that day.
We think alike! My family will also be at the party that night hoping for a little less crowding. Unfortunately the rest of the weekend will be a mad house. Enjoy your trip.

phi2134

During soft openings are people allowed to video tape during the ride? Kind of curious if we will see a POV while it is in soft openings.

wiigirl

Jack Sparrow soft opened for guests today.
Sweet! :)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom