Pre-Trip Three Words: My Pre Trip Report!

Not long ago I was out for a ride on my bicycle. Surrounded by the beauty of nature, my mind was at peace and I began to think of my wife and how much I love her and had a desire to do something special for her.

Wonderful ideas began to flood my mind. Flowers would be nice, but I needed something better. Perhaps a special dinner? No, that wouldn't be enough. Jewelery? Na, she's very picky and I would most likely get the wrong thing.

Then, i had a spark! An idea that was perfect! As it came to fruition in mind, a big smile came across my face, and then, out of nowhere... I fell of my bike.

Luckily I was not injured aside from a badly bruised ego lol. My Great idea was a trip to Disney world of course! It's been nearly a year since we last visited together and it's about time we get back!

Being just a few months out it was nearly impossible finding more than 2 days together on the dvc website. Over the next 2 weeks I began reserving specific days and was able to piece together 5 days in a row. I definitely wanted more but this was enough to share the news with my wife! I was able to get our home, Boardwalk Villas. We will have a 1 bedroom villa with pool/garden view!

I've visited twice this year, but sans wifey. Our last trip was Ocotber of 2021 and the mask mandate was still enforced outdoors. Even though we had a good time she she decided she would not visit again until the nonsensical mandate was lifted completely. Here's some pics from that trip. Starting off seltzer heavy for @lostpro9het

Screenshot_20221008_080540.jpg

Screenshot_20221008_080449.jpg

Screenshot_20221008_080337.jpg

Screenshot_20221008_080259.jpg

Over the course of the last 2 months I was able to get a total of 9 days at boardwalk villas. I recently just added an additional 2 days to the beginning of the trip at Wilderness Lodge, studio room, Club Level.

Needless to say, C is SUPER excited to visit again now that we don't have to wear masks.

We've got lots of fun and new stuff planned for this trip! Updates to come soon!

pkkurz

Ctd...

It was close to the 6 pm virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind. We overheard
*teen to his dad: "dad, 30 minutes, don't forget", "dad"? "Dad"?

Dad: "ya, I got it, ...why don't you be Johnny on the spot if you think I can't handle it"!

Naturally, C and I repeated the Johnny on the spot phrase throughout the rest of the day whenever it fit.

We caught the Billie Ocean show in WS. Got there just time in for "get into my car". His best jam IMO and I probly only recognize from the movie License To Drive

View attachment 675165

We were able to get a virtual queue but the time slot was around 10 pm so we rode SSE (I think) and then headed back to BW to relax and get some food.

After a refresh and food at the room we headed back. Riff Raff Express was in full effect as the park was closing for non emh folk

View attachment 675167

We skirted over to Remmy first since crowds were pretty light.
.View attachment 675166

And then finally it was time!

View attachment 675168View attachment 675169

View attachment 675170

I think C was more excited than me!

View attachment 675171

We both absolutely LOVED it!! We got Rithym is Gonna Get You for the song. We were smiling ear to ear as we left...a bit wobbly and dizzy in a good way
We got September as our song. Totally loved every minute of the ride and the pre show. RnR was always my favorite…but now!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4

It was time for AK!

On the way out, we finally got a chance to say hello to Mrs Marlene, our Disney Angel 😇. She had been off work the prior two days when we checked in to BWV.

20221025_102228.jpg

She hadn't seen C in over a year. She was working at a station and C snuck up to the counter and said "excuse me I have a complaint"! Mrs Marlene turned around with a concerned look that quickly turned into a big smile and she rushed around the counter to hug C.

I said "hey, what about me"?? Marlene replied, "oh i just saw you a few months ago" lol.

For anybody wondering, we met Marlene years ago when I was double billed for room.service and they had to call a manager to reverse the charge. Her and I got to talking and the rest is history.

A few years ago when C and her mom visited, Merlene knew her mom was sick and when they checked in, Mrs Marlene had upgraded their room in a big way. It was one of the last trips C's mom had down here before she passed. It was such a memorable trip for C
thanks to Marlene.

Over the years we have celebrated birthdays and Disney milestones with Marlene and we hope to have many more. She has truly been a blessing in our lives!

Ok, back to the report.

We first stopped at Everest

20221025_105800.jpg

We love hunting for fun things in the queue

20221025_110301.jpg

20221025_110543.jpg

925059317_HIGH.jpg

After Everest we do beer!

20221025_111755.jpg

Next was Dinosaur

925103700_HIGH (1).jpg

Then over to Satuli for lunch

20221025_123545.jpg

C got the tofu salad. I tried the tofu amd it was very good!

20221025_123548.jpg

I got the meat bowl

Next was FoP. Let me say something first. We love FoP but we are sick and tired of the ride video. It's just annoying at this point. I'd rather wait in the hall than listen to the ridiculous "move around a bit" nonsense. Seriously who came up with that?!! Anyway, here's me annoyed after the 4th "move around "

20221025_132746.jpg

In total, there 7 "move around" bits. 7!!!

The ride itself was great as usual. Afterwards it was getting hot and we headed to the bus stop.

If I thought FoP was frustrating, the bus stop was about to take the lead. It took 45 minutes for a bus to arrive. The people were getting very upset and the CMs eventually came over and told us they were having a bus pulled around for us since there was a delay.

I don't understand how these things happen. I timed the bus ride back and we had to stop at Swan and dolphin and then yacht and beach club and it took approximately 20 minutes for the complete rides since we were the last stop.

The amount of time we waited at animal kingdom was enough time for a bus to leave and make it back but it never happened.

My 1st thought was that perhaps the bus had a mechanical issue and broke down but then I thought if that was the case they would know immediately and they would have pulled a bus around from the side like they did after 45 minutes.

Even more frustrating is that when they finally had a bus pulled around from the side the driver did a full inspection on the bus which took approximately another 10 minutes. And then of course there were 2 electric scooters that had to get loaded which added another 5 to 10 minutes since one of them had no idea how to use the scooter properly.

Which brings me to my next rent lol.

It's clear there are people at Disney who have never used an electric scooter which means they obviously do not own one or use one at home ever, they just rent 1 here to not have to walk around it seems.

And before you burn me at the stake I completely understand there are medical issues people have that are not visible and they absolutely require a scooter for the serious amount of walking Or potential medical issues.

And then there are people who clearly just don't want to walk around if you know what I mean. You can usually tell because they are the most rude people and get upset if they have to stop their scooter from going 20 miles an hour through a crowd.

There were 2 people who had electric scooters and one of them clearly has used 1 before or has 1 at home because he maneuvered onto the bus and parallel parked extremely quickly.

The other person could barely make it up the ramp without help. The bus driver eventually just just had him put it in neutral or something and maneuver didn't in 2 place for him because he could not do it on his own.

I thought he may be special needs but after watching for a few minutes I think he was just drunk lol.

Either way with all the people that were backed up at the bus stop and 2 scooters being loaded up not everybody was able to get on the 1st boss which was very frustrating for those left behind. By the time we got back to boardwalk it had been well over an hour from the time we got in line at the bus stop.

Ok rant over.

amjt660

Premium Member

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ctd...

I had forgot to post this pic of C's glasses after FoP. They were soaked! I think the sprayer for her area was malfunctioning.

20221025_134403.jpg

After the first spray, I heard her say, "dang did you get soaked"? I didn't realize she had actually gotten soaked, lol.

After the bus ride home fiasco, C was tired and wanted to rest. I hit up the quiet pool and swam some laps to get some exercise and cool off.

I joined a cornhole league earlier this year and at first it was just because a friend on my trivia team signed me up, but I've actually grown to love it and we start our third season in just a few weeks. I discovered these bkardwalk boards and now I want them!

20221025_155936.jpg

Also, the activities center at the quiet pool.at BWV is insane! They have video game consoles, air hockey table, star wars pinball and a paint/arts/crafts area. It's awesome.

I took a video but I'll grab some pics of it today.

C was up from her nap so i showered and we went to HS

20221025_175941.jpg

Another round of TSMM where C was ahead but I certainly back.

She asked if I would just let her win one but I told her that's not how she will get better!

Time for a snack

20221025_182459.jpg

I got the lager, C had a patron with soda and lemon.

In case anybody is wondering why C isn't drinking as much beer as usual, she had blood work done a few months ago and she's had to make a few dietary changes. It's been a bit frustrating for her but she's also experiencing new things.

We rode Star Tours after Baseline. We got the same sequence as other day, smh. Still fun tho

20221025_184849.jpg

We had a LL for ToT but decided to head back to the room early to get some dinner before the restaurants got too crowded.

I went to Ale amd Compass Lounge and got a burger and the prime riib Flatbread to bring back to the room. I had an Oktoberfest while I waited.

20221025_202159.jpg

C destroyed her burger before I got a pic but here's the Flatbread. It is seriously good! It has arugula and peppers. Definitely try it if you can.

20221025_211200.jpg

We watched some Bunkd Halloween episodes and hit the sack!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5

C wanted to sleep in so I headed to Epcot because I was having issues with purchasing the memory maker photo thing with AP discount so I went to GR.

After sorting it out I headed to Mexico for an early beer!

20221026_090909.jpg

Upon arrival, I realized there was nowhere yet open to buy beer. Oh no!

925574310_HIGH.jpg

My good friend Coco calmed me down tho

925574559_HIGH.jpg

I had to stop amd check out my low key favorite attraction!

20221026_092428.jpg

925582054_HIGH.jpg

Then I stopped in Germany to tease @sheriffwoody

20221026_093108.jpg

There was a wedding in Italy

20221026_093321.jpg

As I crossed the bridge by IG the wedding party was gathering there now

20221026_101752.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 ctd...

As I got to England, I noticed that Rose and Crown was about to open so I waited at the door. Reverse @Longers status for R&C!

20221026_102728.jpg

When they opened the doors, there was a man and woman behind me who rushed past me to the counter. We were the only ones there yet they felt the need to be first, even tho there were three bartenders to order from.

I got the Goldsmith , a mix of Harp lager and Smithwicks Irish. The bartender recommended it and it was very good

20221026_103515.jpg

I took my beer over to the bridge for a photoshoot

925637688_HIGH.jpg

This is the face I picutre @Tuvalu making when she reads my misspelled words on my reports, or the face @amjt660 makes when I make passive aggressive comments towards people who report me on these forums

925637791_HIGH.jpg

Cheers to you, Max and Tuv

925637839_HIGH.jpg

I'll drink to that!

925637944_HIGH.jpg

Usually the photographers tell you to put your beer down but the two i got were very supportive of beer pics! 😎

I grew up in a family of photographers and my parents did what they needed to put 8 round meals on the table each day! I know what it's like!

Last edited:

fractal

Day 5 ctd...

As I got to England, I noticed that Rose and Crown was about to open so I waited at the door. Reverse @Longers status for R&C!

View attachment 675416

When they opened the doors, there was a man and woman behind me who rushed past me to the counter. We were the only ones there yet they felt the need to be first, even tho there were three bartenders to order from.

I got the Goldsmith , a mix of Harp lager and Smithwicks Irish. The bartender recommended it and it was very good

View attachment 675417

I took my beer over to the bridge for a photoshoot

View attachment 675419

This is the face I picutre @Tuvalu making when she reads my misspelled words on my reports, or the face @amjt660 makes when I make passive aggressive comments towards people who report me on these forums

View attachment 675420

Cheers to you, Max and Tuv

View attachment 675421

I'll drink to that!

View attachment 675422

Usually the photographers tell you to put your beer down but the two i got were very supportive of beer pics! 😎

I grew up in a family of photographers and my parents did what they needed to put 8 round meals on the table each day! I know what it's like!
Real photographers call beers "story-telling props"

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 ctd...

I headed back to the room and got a shower and C was up and ready to go! We headed back to Epcot because I had secured a virtual queue for cake toast!

Shirley status in England bathroom

20221026_120258.jpg

I had gotten a LL for TT so we went there first

20221026_123511.jpg

925757559_HIGH.jpg

Next, we made sure rock and roll stays alive and well

20221026_132144.jpg

20221026_132238.jpg

I didn't get my photopass pic for it, shocker. So enjoy those low quality pics above. I was using my -45 mm lens with rotary gerter set to end line specs. Does that sound like official camera lingo @fractal 😁

We went over to Canada next for C's new favorite beer. Blanche De Chambley. She can drink a beer every now and then as long as she eats food at same time.

20221026_134502.jpg

We got the beer cheese soup.and filet at the Canada booth and we also got the flight from the orchard

20221026_142849.jpg

20221026_142904.jpg

20221026_140949.jpg

We noticed this couple doing the "Fake candid" photo shoot lol. She kept doing odd poses and looking away into the sky. She's a star!

20221026_140119.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ctd...

After Canada, I stopped at Rose and Hog for another Goldsmith. I really enjoyed it earlier in the day so I wanted another.

20221026_145121.jpg

C went to the ships as I fought the crazies in Rose and Crown. I found her and we browsed around.

20221026_145307.jpg

Cool swords

20221026_145939.jpg

20221026_145946.jpg

C wanted amd.ice cream macaroon so went to France

20221026_150836.jpg

The CM at the register tried to photobomb with a peace sign but just missed the timing. I was impressed because she was talking to the customer as she attempted to bomb it.

When we walked up, I have her another chance. Some people.fake the candid moments so we faked the photo bomb

20221026_150924.jpg

She was very sweet. We had a good laugh with her.

C was a happy camper with her chocolate

20221026_151831.jpg

I grew up in France in a family of macaroon bakers. I know what it's like to be in their shoes!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ctd...

We left the park shortly after. It was still somewhat early but we just felt like relaxing in the room.

We went over to Ale and Compass to get another prime rib Flatbread. We love it.

But first a round of cocktails

20221026_181033.jpg

Martini and old fashion.

There was a pirate convention at the table next to us

20221026_181903.jpg

This pizza is legit!

20221026_183541.jpg

20221026_183546.jpg

We strolled the Boardwalk for awhile and then called it a night.

Attachments

• 20221026_180135.jpg
    20221026_180135.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 37

sheriffwoody

Caught up! We'll see if we get to the end here... haha

Glad to be the resident caramel lover in the group :hilarious: When we were in Helen, I bought an obscene amount of popcorn from Cristoff's and it was all so good! Honestly might have been better than Epcot? But it's been so long, I wouldn't know.

The view from your room at the Boardwalk looks similar to ours in May! We were on the second floor, but facing the water in the same area. Loved that room so much. I feel like staying moderate is going to be a letdown next year after that 🙃

Billy6

Holy Cow! We were just at Epcot/UK Shops last Thursday(20th), and Liam my oldest, comes around the corner while me and the wife were looking at shirts and says,
"Dad, come here...I want to get something"....
"ok, Liam, I am coming"

Thinking he wants some British candy or maybe a toy....

"THAT" and proceeds to point to that exact sword...

"Uh, Liam, they aren't going to let me on the plane with that...."

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6

I was up at 7 to get a VQ for Cake Toast. We got bkarding group 20! Between RoTR and Cosmic Rewind i had yet to ever get a boarding group that wasn't triple digits!.

Screenshot_20221030_063916.jpg

926199091_HIGH.jpg

Next over to our new low key favorite pavilion. It's lifetime of wonder on this planet Earth

Screenshot_20221030_064019.jpg

It was inky fitting to take it to Framce next

Screenshot_20221030_064033.jpg

Amd then C wanted to check the shop in Japan. I sagged a super dry real quick

Screenshot_20221030_064047.jpg

More cool swords @Billy6

Screenshot_20221030_064059.jpg

C found this little gem in the shop

Screenshot_20221031_090936.jpg

Next we strolled a few pavilions and made out way back around to the beginning.

Screenshot_20221031_091011.jpg

OK Mr Mexico!

Screenshot_20221031_091021.jpg

She got the El Diablo from the cave.

Attachments

• 926199091_HIGH.jpg
    926199091_HIGH.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 43

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom