Thoughts on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

What are your thoughts on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

• Already a classic attraction

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • It's good but I'm not waiting 60 minutes for it let alone 120 minutes

Votes: 161 53.3%
  • I don't like it but I know it's not for me

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • The most overrated ride on property

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • Too short but it is what it is

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • No opinion

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

totchos

I think the ride is great for what it is. Its built in the middle of fantasyland on a relatively small peice of land which is why its pretty short. However, I think the themeing combined with the coaster aspects of it and swinging carts make it a pretty good ride. The line is just always terrible.

Survivor

I really liked the ride and the detail they put into it was really good. The ride itself was good and sort of a really mini version of Big Thunder Mountain.

Kristopher Rannells

We like it but will only ride it with a FP. No way worth waiting an hour. Every time we stop at the end I'm waiting for the rest of the ride. Could be SO much more!

Damon7777

I think Disney hit it out of the park with this new ride.

Hardly a masterpiece and in no way can compare to the ambitious offerings of an Everest, Flight of Passage, Radiator Springs , Indiana Jones, Journey to center of Earth, ToT and Splash Mountain's of the world but what is there is quite nice and pleasant.
........is missing length; has impressive girth but is just too short. It's a damn fine "kiddie coaster"--- the best by far but in no way a bonafide superstar due to its lack of scale and scope.

note2001

Kiddie Coaster indeed.
Which would you rather: Ride 7DMT 1 time, or Barnstormer 4 times, and have time to run through water (if so inclined) and grab a candy apple (also if so inclined)?

Damon7777

Dwarfs is the hardest ticket in the Magic Kingdom to get and likely 2nd hardest on property:

LOCATION/POSITIONING: right in the center of Fantasyland with a good 80% or more of the mini mountain readily visible from the walkways.

AGE: is still considered new or at least deemed "newer" at 4 years young. I'd bet if Big Thunder were released 4 years ago it would garner more attention than this Dwarf train. This colorful Doggie coaster will soon be the hardest ticket on property to secure due at least in part to it being new.

HOURLY CAPACITY: at approx 1,500 riders per hour Dwarfs is not great in this area.

HEAVILY THEMED: enough said

SMOOTH ROCKING RIDE: for a coaster it sure is a comfortable ride.....the smoothest I have ever experienced.

REPEATABILITY: the repeat factor is strong. Unlike a Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mission Space and 3 d film rides guests if left unchecked would be circling back around for another ride or even a 3rd.

Dutch Inn '76

It's a great ride - better than the old Snow White ride, so it's a worthy replacement. I think it's a new classic.

...but I ain't waiting two hours for it. As a rule, I don't wait more than 45 minutes for anything.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
REPEATABILITY: the repeat factor is strong. Unlike a Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Mission Space and 3 d film rides guests if left unchecked would be circling back around for another ride or even a 3rd.
Maybe if you're a Doc groupie, but I don't see any reason to ride it again. If people want to re-ride, maybe it's because they want more 7DMT for their money...

correcaminos

Total Kiddie Coaster to us. Cute, smooth, but nothing exciting at all. Not worth more than a 5-10 minute wait. So I voted it most overrated. That might be a small exaggeration, but not far off either.

Skibum1970

Though it hasn't opened, I would lay odds that Slink Dog coaster will be the most overrated. For me, SDMT is fun but I only waited on it as standby when it was a 30-40 minute wait (right after a shutdown/restart). Way too short. Feels like it no sooner got rolling and then it stops. The actual coaster sections don't have enough length to feel like a ride. Plus, it takes up prime real estate. Though WDW has all that land, the parks are actually small and not well laid out. SDMT is a good example. It is landlocked and value engineered to eliminate what could have been a truly awesome coaster.

For what it's worth, my wife always asks me why they had to get rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures and I don't have a good answer. That was an okay ride, not awesome, but enjoyable. I think that both rides could have coexisted easily enough.

21stamps

Maybe if you're a Doc groupie, but I don't see any reason to ride it again. If people want to re-ride, maybe it's because they want more 7DMT for their money...

Or maybe it’s because roller coasters are fun and people enjoy riding them more than once?

wplong1

Premium Member
Loved it, but would only ride with a FP. As my 10 year old suggested, it would be absolutely perfect if you got to go around twice each time.

MattFrees71

It's good- but I think ridiculously overrated. 5+ years old and fast-passes still are solid booked the moment the availability window opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom