Thoughts on The Plaza?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I need a MK reservation for one of the nights we will be there.

I know its not Victoria and Alberts but I have actually never been to this place.

Thoughts?

Pictures???

Weather_Lady

The bloggers say it better than I can. It's okay, but nothing great. Although the prices have increased so that it's no longer as good a value as it used to be, it's still less expensive than other MK table service places, and offers a nicely decorated, air-conditioned space to enjoy your meal.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I thought it was just is who thought that! It did used to be really good. They had the best Reuben on property. After the reopen, it just hasn’t been good anymore.
Our favorite club sandwich - gone.
Our favorite cheesesteak - gone.
Our favorite chicken sandwich - gone.
Milkshakes with the extra in the metal mixing cup - gone.
Affordability (value for price paid) - gone.

“Fancy-ing up” the place with new expensive choices (that honestly weren’t that good) has caused us to now skip what used to be a must-do restaurant.

PSUDisney77

Went there many years back for dinner. Our server was running around like crazy. I understand being busy, but he never came over for even our drink order for the first 20 minutes we were there. We eventually got the attention of another CM server who was able to help us out. I don't recall the food but it certainly ended up being the worst meal of the trip when it was done.

By the rest of the remarks in this thread, does not seem like we have missed much by never going back.

Smiley/OCD

IMHO, The best TS at the MK is Liberty Tree…we ate at the plaza several years ago my sandwich was ok and they did away with the Cuban that my wife liked…but it’s true, there is no OUTSTANDING TS restaurants at the MK…kinda sad…

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our favorite club sandwich - gone.
Our favorite cheesesteak - gone.
Our favorite chicken sandwich - gone.
Milkshakes with the extra in the metal mixing cup - gone.
Affordability (value for price paid) - gone.

“Fancy-ing up” the place with new expensive choices (that honestly weren’t that good) has caused us to now skip what used to be a must-do restaurant.
It was always a must do for us too:( It was never fancy but a nice break with decent diner level food for not much more than qs:(
Which is exactly what it should be according to it's theme which is an old fashioned lunch/ice cream parlor

Smiley/OCD

It was always a must do for us too:( It was never fancy but a nice break with decent diner level food for not much more than qs:(
Which is exactly what it should be according to it's theme which is an old fashioned lunch/ice cream parlor
True, but the quality IMHO went down in one year when we visited December to December…same can be said with BoG…we are there when it first opened…it was excellent, 2 years later, not as good both quality and menu…third time, with another family of 4 that wanted to eat there…they enjoyed it and we said that’s it.
I’d much rather find a place to sit near CP and eat the cheeseburger egg rolls from the kiosk…THOSE have NOT let us down…

Figgy1

Premium Member
True, but the quality IMHO went down in one year when we visited December to December…same can be said with BoG…we are there when it first opened…it was excellent, 2 years later, not as good both quality and menu…third time, with another family of 4 that wanted to eat there…they enjoyed it and we said that’s it.
I’d much rather find a place to sit near CP and eat the cheeseburger egg rolls from the kiosk…THOSE have NOT let us down…
Don't get me started on BOG

Smiley/OCD

Don't get me started on BOG
It really IS a shame that I’m talking about eating egg rolls as opposed to having a TS meal in the MK…Liberty Tree very good and our go to (but you can’t eat that every day you’re there)…CP I love the Poohs French toast for breakfast but had dinner there…ok, but that’s really it. Maybe they’ll add another TS with Tiana…we’ll see what happens…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom