Thoughts on New Fantasyland

bubbles1812

Im not sure if you are trolling or not, but in the peter pan film tink was always in pantomime the only sound you could hear was a bell hence her name.
He's trolling. I don't think you joined early enough to experience his antics but he's been here before. Attacks members and insults them if they don't agree with absolutely everything he says. And he always ends with a mad face.

Sped2424

He's trolling. I don't think you joined early enough to experience his antics but he's been here before. Attacks members and insults them if they don't agree with absolutely everything he says. And he always ends with a mad face.

Oh :< then should I feel stupid if he agreed with something I said cause he did in my renaissance post.

Californian Elitist

Im not sure if you are trolling or not, but in the peter pan film tink was always in pantomime the only sound you could hear was a bell hence her name.

They're definitely trolling. Months ago, myself and a couple of people expressed our dislike for the new Tinkerbell. The same poster commented basically the same way they commented here. I told them I still hated the new Tink. Three months later, today, the poster called us stupid and went off. I just laughed. Definite troll, though.

TRONorail10

I agree that MK's Fantasyland needs more dark rides.

Interestingly, it looks as though Belle's village is a setup for a Beauty and the Beast ride at some distant point in the future (or maybe it was dropped from the plans). The area north of Belle's village is an expansion pad, and a Beauty and the Beast dark ride could be put in there.

Beats me if it will ever happen.

The area north of Belle's Village is most definitely NOT an expansion pad. There is the road to the utillidor, a ravine, the train tracks, a flood canal, a few trees, and the access road behind MK. New Fantasyland was built directly up to the cast access road to utilize all available space and there will definitely not be any expansion beyond that in Fantasyland. Frontierland and Adventureland are a different story though.

Sped2424

The area north of Belle's Village is most definitely NOT an expansion pad. There is the road to the utillidor, a ravine, the train tracks, a flood canal, a few trees, and the access road behind MK. New Fantasyland was built directly up to the cast access road to utilize all available space and there will definitely not be any expansion beyond that in Fantasyland. Frontierland and Adventureland are a different story though.

He right^ google map it and you can see all that it would be a huge effort if they wanted to expand over there they would have to do soooo many things. re route the road, create a new utilidor access, hide the parking lots for the be our guest resturant etc etc.

Fox&Hound

Also, if they did "expand" Belle's corner of NFL in the future, it would seem a little repetitive. You already have a look inside her cottage, inside the castle, and Gaston's. If there was a dark ride, wouldn't it just repeat those same scenes? I also wish there was one or two more rides in NFL and maybe even wish that enchanted tales with Belle was a ride (or the circus meet and greet) but I don't see it happening. Hopefully when the mine train opens it will bring it all together. It may seem silly, but I can't wait until that ride is finished and they add all of the trees. I think that one thing alone will completely change the way Fantasyland looks and for that I am truly excited.

spacemt354

Chili's
It may seem silly, but I can't wait until that ride is finished and they add all of the trees. I think that one thing alone will completely change the way Fantasyland looks and for that I am truly excited.

I've been reserving judgment on the entire land until the mine train process is complete. I think it will change the dynamic and bring much more depth to the land, and for that I'm excited too. Can't wait to see it.

iYazmo

I recently just got back from my WDW vacation, and the New Fantasyland, I am unsure about how I feel about it. I enjoyed the Little Mermaid ride, but wouldn't wait 120 minutes. Every time we rode it, my family and I literally walked on. I did not do Enchanted Tales with Belle due to the 45 minute wait. I had a Be Our Guest reservation for dinner, and this is where the disappointment came in. The security is extremely tight around the restaurant, which I understand. When we got to approaching the bridge, a man asked us if we had a reservation. We said yes and he was really nice about it. When we got to the end of the bridge, there was another person from security who shouted at us and treated us like criminals. When he let us in, we checked in and stood out of the way from everyone else. Then, my family and I got yelled at for standing out of the way and asked us to get up close and personal with the sweaty people in the room. Not fun. :/ The food was okay. I had the salmon which I thought was excellent. My father got the steak, which was charred and salty. My sister got the Chicken Breast and it was suppose to have a red sauce with different components(I forgot what it was), but it was just marinara sauce straight from the can, and you could tell. It was even bitter. Our waiter was excellent and so was the atmosphere.

Anyway, I hope they fix things in the future. Overall, I'm iffy about the New Fantasyland, but I hope the Snow White Mine Train will change it.

doctornick

toontown shouldn't have closed!!! xoxo RIP my dear Toontown

I think Toontown served a valuable role and am sad to see it gone -- Storybook Circus doesn't seem like much of an improvement (doubling Dumbo's capacity is good, though). I hope that TDO revists plans for putting some sort of Toontown in DHS in the future. I was always fond of the idea of having a DHS Toontown that was where Mickey and company "worked" as opposed to where they "lived" in California.

doctornick

Why couldn't they build a walkway that goes over the access road (as a bridge) to get to the undeveloped land? Then they could also put in a new stop on the railroad for the new land. It would not be a particularly large area, but it could fit something with the scope of Toontown (perhaps revisiting that concept or doing Pixie Hollow).

Is the land between Magic Kingdom Dr and the railroad berm unusable?

HDS

About Storybook Circus, what should have went there was Alice in Wounderland. That would have tied in the Tea Cups. They could have added a stage and had sometime like The Mad Tea Party that DCA has. And an Alice Dark ride.

TRONorail10

Why couldn't they build a walkway that goes over the access road (as a bridge) to get to the undeveloped land? Then they could also put in a new stop on the railroad for the new land. It would not be a particularly large area, but it could fit something with the scope of Toontown (perhaps revisiting that concept or doing Pixie Hollow).

That specific area will never be developed. It encroaches too much onto the extremely limited backstage area behind Fantasyland. Also, it just doesn't make sense to try to expand into an already limited area that encompasses a steep ravine and drainage canal. Plus New Fantasyland essentially forms the back wall of the park now, nothing will be built behind it. Closing the Speedway or expanding Frontierland/Adventureland are the best chances for any other "expansion" of MK.

SJN1279

This expansion took the ugliest part of the Magic Kingdom and made it the most attractive. Loved the dueling dumbo's with an indoor queue. The Little Mermaid is a step up on the classic FantasyLand dark ride(with a much higher capacity and a solid 6 minute ride length) That said the ending to the ride feels a bit rushed, but I feel it is a solid D ticket. Last month my wife and I had lunch at the Be Our Guest restaurant and thought it was one of the highlights of our trip. It is really well themed and the food was excellent. I can't wait for the Mine Train to be completed(I have high expectations that it will be a real crowd pleaser.

wserratore1963

Personally, I thought it was over-hyped but I didn't get to experience the entire product. I missed out on Enchanted Tales with Belle (super long and annoying wait) and the Barnstormer. I would love to go back once the Seven Dwafs Mine Train is open and experience that and the other two attractions that I missed.

From what I did do though, I thought every thing was kind of crammed together. The pathway from Fantasyland into the Storybook Circus area was closed off, which was such a big mistake. It really disrupted traffic flow and made for an uncomfortable experience trying to maneuver throughout the area. I liked Ariel's Undersea Adventure, as I thought it was very well done. I don't think it's worth waits upwards of 40-50 minutes, but I think it was a nice addition to Fantasyland. I thought BOG was really neatly themed, but I did not really care for the food that I had while having dinner there. I ordered the strip steak which wasn't what I expected and they would not give us the grey stuff, which really made me upset. I thought the actual structure/inside though was great. I'd like to experience lunch there since I heard they have good selections.

As for Storybook Circus, I thought it was nicely themed as well. I liked the idea of the two Dumbos as it definitely helped to breakup the huge waits. It was nice to ride Dumbo once more since it had been about 10 years since I had ridden it prior to this past trip. I also liked the character meet and greet area. I went around 9PM and no one was in there so I didn't have to wait for any of the characters and I had some nice interactions with them. My only compliant would be that the lighting, specifically with Donald, is horrible. They really need to fix that since pictures aren't the best when taken inside there.

Spot on- but i did enjoy it

tl77

Scott-keating-fantasyland2-1.jpg

This is a real old picture but that land is usable, but I don't know if it needs to be a land of it's own, it could be used as some large Fantasyland related dark-ride/show building. It seems to me that the large Circus Tent that's now Pete's Sideshow Meet & Greet could make a good entrance/queue building to a ride with the actual ride/show building built on this land behind it

G8rchamps

Regardless of movie sales, Pixie Hollow was exactly the charm the FLE needed and would have been a great addition to the MK. The whole girl-centric attitude of the original FLE plans was so myopic when considering how much there is for boys in other areas of the park. And like you said, they had solved the problem with the SWMT.

I give it a B, just not quiet enough wow factor. Pixie Hollow would have been a great idea. The circus is just out of place (double Dumbo good for parent of small children though) and not much too it. Daughter loves Mermaid so Daddy does too, been twice and just haven't seen the need to go see Belle, finished product is themed well and very pretty, and can't wait to see the train finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom