Thoughts on New Fantasyland

Sped2424

Better start appreciating it... With the Eiger leadership team in place this is the only new rides and attractions we will see for at least 2 years.
I hear longer avatar is supposed to take 3 years to do. 3 years. This is a land not a theme park. Seeing as how it is the only thing confirmed at the moment and its taken this long I can't imagine how long it will be before star wars and cars land which surprisingly didn't get any hints whatsoever.

SJN1279

But the real question that needs to be answered is this:

Do you feel that Little Mermaid/Mine train/B&B Reasturant/added Dumbo is a good replacement for Skyway/Snowwhite/20ksubs ?

To me the answer is No and here is why: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was a real meaty e-ticket and when it was shut down everyone's expectation was that it would be replaced by an even better e-ticket (That is what the Disney Way used to be). It however wasn't and we had to wait over a decade to get 1 c/d-ticket dark ride in it's spot + an additional reasturant. To me that isn't worth it. In the 90s they had plans for Villians/Bald Mountain a water coaster themed to the various Disney villians (there was also a variation themed to Fantasia) it would have been a real crowd pleaser and that would have been something worth waiting for. Alternatively, if 20k was replaced with several C/D ticket type rides like modern versions of Disneylands Alice in Wonderland, a rapunzel ride, etc. or the Little Mermaid land from Tokyo Disneysea that would have been good too but what we got was clearly something thrown together on a small budget relying on a cloned c-ticket and princess meet & greets because as Disney seems to think us WDW fans will just eat up whatever crap they throw at us.

To me the answer is yes. The Subs had horrible capacity and were always claustrophobic with cheesy effects.

The Beast's restaurant is in my opinion the best themed eatery on property, and the innovative counter service lunch is amazing. The food was awesome as well. The Little Mermaid is a high capacity dark ride good for all ages. Is it perfect, no. However, it is a solid dark ride for Fantasyland and an improvement over Snow White(the music and Ursula are outstanding). Dumbo no longer causes an ugly logjam in the middle of Fantasyland, and its improved queue and capacity make it truly a winner. Fantasyland used to be the ugliest section of Magic Kingdom, now it is the best themed(and not even completed yet). I believe the coaster will be fun for all ages and well themed to boot. I am guessing for a solid 2-3 minute ride time as well(very strong for a coaster).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom