Thoughts on itinerary please

k.hunter30

So while I'm rather new to this site I'm already hooked! Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I thought I'd take advantage of that and see if you all can give me your opinions on what I have planned thus far...

DH and I will be flying from Nashville to Orlando May 5 and will meet up with my parents (in their 60s) and my brother and sister-in-law (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7) coming from Chicago. We're staying at POFQ (which I have enjoyed in the past) We're staying May 5-11 with a 7-day park hopper "parks & more" with the DP.

Sat (5/5): MGM (just DH and me) after we're checked in. Dinner with all 8 at Boma @ 7:30.

Sun (5/6): Epcot with the big group during the day. DH, parents and me will eat at Le Chefs de France at 5:00. Bro and family are off to Cirque du Soliel that evening. We'll do extra magic hours at MK that night.

Mon (5/7): All 8 of us do extra morning hour at AK in the morning (DH LOVES zoos, so he'll be amazed at this place!) All 8 do Cinderella's Royal Table in MK at 2:30. Magical Fireworks Voyage at 8:30. (it'll be a late night for the kids!)

Tue (5/8): Late morning, maybe do a water park. All 8 do early dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot at 4:00. Stay for Illuminations at night.

Wed (5/9): NOTHING PLANNED! (maybe I shoud make a table reservation just in case...? any recs?) Thinking Jellyrolls in the evening...

Thu (5/10): MK extra morning hour. Go to whichever parks we want to re-visit. DH, parents and I will eat at Raglan Road at 5:00. Back at MK for Spectromagic at 9:00.

Fri (5/11): Last day. No table services left. Flight leaves at 7:00 p.m.

Thoughts? Additions? Tips? Thanks for letting me share! As most of you say, planning IS half the fun!

sbkline

The biggest thing that I saw something wrong with is that you did not have a day set aside specifically for Magic Kingdom. You could easily spend two days at that park, but you didn't have very much time set aside for it...unless you end up doing it on that day that you have nothing planned for, or on the day where you go back and hit things that you missed. I think the Magic Kingdom takes alot more time than just extra magic hours. IMO, you need a good 9-5 day there at the very least. Although I am more partial to getting there at open and staying until 10 or 11.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
I agree - MK is at least two days. However, I like to hop around the parks each day. Just what we have scheduled now gives us two whole days at MK, split up into half days. I'm thinking at least that Friday will be spent at MK too. Thanks!

Upvote 0

sbkline

I agree - MK is at least two days. However, I like to hop around the parks each day. Just what we have scheduled now gives us two whole days at MK, split up into half days. I'm thinking at least that Friday will be spent at MK too. Thanks!

Cool. All I saw was the morning hour for EMH on that one day, the other day where you do evening EMH and the other day where all you said was lunch there at 2:30. But I guess for all I know, you could have been planning to be there all day and only specifically mentioned the lunch at Cinderella's Table.

Plus, if you don't feel like you've spent enough time there or any other park, you can always do it on that day where nothing is planned. :wave:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Also, on your last day, you say "no table service left". But I only counted 5 table service meals on that itinerary. So you should still have 2 more left.

*Edit* Actually, you are only staying 6 nights, not 7. So you have one left. If I were you, I'd be getting it planned and get your ADR made.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

For trip planning, and for just fun reading, I would suggest that you go ahead and get a copy of the 'Passproter Walt Disney World 2007' guide book.
It's available on amazon.com for $15.61.
We just got a copy and it's great. We have used Birnbaum's, the Unofficial Guide, and Passporter.
Of the 3, the Passporter has more information per square inch and it's layed out and organized well.

It will answer many of your questions and get you pointed in the right direction on a lot of subjects.

Have fun.
:king:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Also, on your last day, you say "no table service left". But I only counted 5 table service meals on that itinerary. So you should still have 2 more left.

*Edit* Actually, you are only staying 6 nights, not 7. So you have one left. If I were you, I'd be getting it planned and get your ADR made.

We'll eat at some table service that Wednesday - just don't have that reserved yet. I was hoping to get some suggestions. :) Since Cindy's is 2 table services, we will be left with none that Friday.

Upvote 0

sbkline

We'll eat at some table service that Wednesday - just don't have that reserved yet. I was hoping to get some suggestions. :) Since Cindy's is 2 table services, we will be left with none that Friday.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. In that case, you've already used all 6 of your dining plan credits, so any table service meal you eat at beyond the 5 you mention will come out of your own pocket.

I don't know what time you are getting in on your check in day, but if you don't have a whole lot of the day left at MGM before you have to head over to Boma, maybe you should get a reservation at one of the MGM restaraunts and spend some more time there that day. Either that, or switch your Boma reservation over to that Wednesday and then get a table service at MGM, thereby giving yourself more time in the park.

The wife and I have eaten at Mama Melrose's twice and enjoyed it both times.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Ok, now I'm confused...

Oh yea, I forgot about that. In that case, you've already used all 6 of your dining plan credits, so any table service meal you eat at beyond the 5 you mention will come out of your own pocket.

I thought that you get one full dining meal plan (1 snack, 1 counter, 1 table) for each day you buy a ticket to the park. We have a 7 day ticket - wouldn't that be 7 days of dining?

Upvote 0

sbkline

I thought that you get one full dining meal plan (1 snack, 1 counter, 1 table) for each day you buy a ticket to the park. We have a 7 day ticket - wouldn't that be 7 days of dining?

No, it's based on each night of your stay, not how many days on your park pass. So if you're staying for 5 nights, you get 5 counter service credits, 5 table service and 5 snacks. If you're staying 6 nights, it's 6 of each, etc. Whether you have a one day pass or a 10 day pass doesn't make any difference.

But you're still gonna have to eat the day you check out, although it certainly doesn't HAVE to be a table service. But you might sit down and do some figuring and decide which of these two options will be of more value in the long run:

Option one: Keep it as is, in which case, you will still have to pay out of pocket for dinner on Wednesday and Friday (because you will presumably have all your counter service used as well).

Option two: Pay for Cinderella's Royal Table out of your pocket. Yes, it is expensive, but doing this will free up two table service credits that you could then use on Wednesday and Friday.

Which option saves you more, I guess, depends on which restaraunts you choose.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

Have the 5 and 7 year old been to WDW before? If not, I'd definitely start with MK instead of Epcot - that look on their faces as they walk down Main Street for the first time, towards the castle, is absoluely priceless. Even after several visits to both DL and WDW, my daughter (now 6-1/2) can barely contain herself when we walk into the MK that first day. That in her mind **is** WDW - when she sees that castle, she knows she's truly there! Don't get me wrong - she loves some of the other parks, but they simply cannot hold a candle to MK....

Upvote 0

sbkline

Have the 5 and 7 year old been to WDW before? If not, I'd definitely start with MK instead of Epcot
No, not yet. That's a good point. Thanks!

The other point of view on that is that you don't want to do the best park first, due to the let down the kids may feel when they enter the other parks and find them not measuring up to their first experience. When I took my wife on our honeymoon for her first visit, we did Magic Kingdom last. One evening, we even rode the monorail after one of the parks, and it went around Magic Kingdom, but I told her to cover her eyes because she wasn't allowed to see it until I take her there. LOL! IMO, there is something to be said about starting at the bottom and going up from there, as opposed to starting on top, where the only place to go is down.

Do you want to take the kids to MK first and risk them being dissapointed at the other parks? Or do you want to take them to the other parks and let them enjoy them for what they are worth, and then bring out the "big guns" so to speak for the finale?

Upvote 0

Tara Stone

I agree

For trip planning, and for just fun reading, I would suggest that you go ahead and get a copy of the 'Passproter Walt Disney World 2007' guide book.
It's available on amazon.com for $15.61.
We just got a copy and it's great. We have used Birnbaum's, the Unofficial Guide, and Passporter.
Of the 3, the Passporter has more information per square inch and it's layed out and organized well.

It will answer many of your questions and get you pointed in the right direction on a lot of subjects.

Have fun.
:king:

I totally agree!
Passporter is the most comprehensive guide but very easy to read. Get the deluxe with trip planning lists pockets for receipts and pull out sheets to plan each day:sohappy:
Also check out Passporter's website: http//www.passporter.com/dcl
with lots of info and message boards.
have a great vacation!!!:wave:

Tara
aka Mom of three 1971

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

So while I'm rather new to this site I'm already hooked! Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I thought I'd take advantage of that and see if you all can give me your opinions on what I have planned thus far...

DH and I will be flying from Nashville to Orlando May 5 and will meet up with my parents (in their 60s) and my brother and sister-in-law (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7) coming from Chicago. We're staying at POFQ (which I have enjoyed in the past) We're staying May 5-11 with a 7-day park hopper "parks & more" with the DP.

Sat (5/5): MGM (just DH and me) after we're checked in. Dinner with all 8 at Boma @ 7:30.

Sun (5/6): Epcot with the big group during the day. DH, parents and me will eat at Le Chefs de France at 5:00. Bro and family are off to Cirque du Soliel that evening. We'll do extra magic hours at MK that night.

Mon (5/7): All 8 of us do extra morning hour at AK in the morning (DH LOVES zoos, so he'll be amazed at this place!) All 8 do Cinderella's Royal Table in MK at 2:30. Magical Fireworks Voyage at 8:30. (it'll be a late night for the kids!)

Tue (5/8): Late morning, maybe do a water park. All 8 do early dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot at 4:00. Stay for Illuminations at night.

Wed (5/9): NOTHING PLANNED! (maybe I shoud make a table reservation just in case...? any recs?) Thinking Jellyrolls in the evening...

Thu (5/10): MK extra morning hour. Go to whichever parks we want to re-visit. DH, parents and I will eat at Raglan Road at 5:00. Back at MK for Spectromagic at 9:00.

Fri (5/11): Last day. No table services left. Flight leaves at 7:00 p.m.

Thoughts? Additions? Tips? Thanks for letting me share! As most of you say, planning IS half the fun!
Hi there K, OK Let's see here
Saturday, not bad although I will tell you that Boma isnt really great for me. MANY people on here like it and if you are the least bit adventurous in your food tastings I would say go for it. I love this place for breakfast, dinner just doesnt appeal to me. I have eaten in Jiko ( 2 dining credits however) which is just AMAZING. I would probably move Raglan Road for this night to take advantage of the entertainment which doesnt usually start till a bit later. Also did you plan on seeing Fantasmic!? If so change dinner to the 50's Prime Time or the Sci Fi Dine in, both of which are fun.
Sunday looks fine, no changes for me there. Also keep in mind that there are the Flower Power concerts for your days there include:
Petula Clark May 4-5
The Nelsons May 6-10
Monday- I dont think you are allowing enough time for Animal Kingdom. It is a park of some exploration and this amount of time doesnt do it near enough justice. I would probably do a bit later of a dinner, say around 5 at Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's. Then proceed onto your cruise.
Tuesday looks good as well.
Wednesday Ill get back to as soon as I finish out the rest of the week.
Thursday- I would move Raglan Road from here and try to stay more local to MK, perhaps put Cinderella's back over here? If you cant get the Castle and want a Princess meal what about 1900 Park Faire with Cinderella?
OK Days for Parks, So far I have you as follows:
Saturday- MGM
Sunday- EPCOT
Monday- AK
Tuesday-EPCOT
Wednesday- none
Thursday -MK
Friday Open
OK I would probably leave Saturday & Sunday. Monday is OK. Id move Tuesday to Wednesday for EPCOT and do the MK on Tuesday. Thursday stays at MK and Friday do whatever parks appealed in the previous days. Hope this helps Belle

Upvote 0

timelypr

Suggestion for your lazy day

Thoughts? Additions? Tips? Thanks for letting me share! As most of you say, planning IS half the fun![/quote]

Hello!

Can I suggest to spend the day visiting the resorts?

They are all very beautiful! You can use the TTC as your start point and use the monorail, ferry and buses to reach them.

Maybe you can find a next favorite for you and you're family.

Maybe it will be fun to try for 15 minutes the different pools.

Give it a try!

Nice trip

Upvote 0

calicommando

We love to eat at Spoodles on the Boardwalk. We actually leave two nights open to eat there! It's probably the best value for your meal ticket--it counts as one table service. Our meal receipt for 2 adults was about $120 before tip. The food is just great and the service was amazing.

I'd also leave more time for MK. That will probably be your kids' favorite.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom