Thoughts on itinerary please

k.hunter30

So while I'm rather new to this site I'm already hooked! Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I thought I'd take advantage of that and see if you all can give me your opinions on what I have planned thus far...

DH and I will be flying from Nashville to Orlando May 5 and will meet up with my parents (in their 60s) and my brother and sister-in-law (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7) coming from Chicago. We're staying at POFQ (which I have enjoyed in the past) We're staying May 5-11 with a 7-day park hopper "parks & more" with the DP.

Sat (5/5): MGM (just DH and me) after we're checked in. Dinner with all 8 at Boma @ 7:30.

Sun (5/6): Epcot with the big group during the day. DH, parents and me will eat at Le Chefs de France at 5:00. Bro and family are off to Cirque du Soliel that evening. We'll do extra magic hours at MK that night.

Mon (5/7): All 8 of us do extra morning hour at AK in the morning (DH LOVES zoos, so he'll be amazed at this place!) All 8 do Cinderella's Royal Table in MK at 2:30. Magical Fireworks Voyage at 8:30. (it'll be a late night for the kids!)

Tue (5/8): Late morning, maybe do a water park. All 8 do early dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot at 4:00. Stay for Illuminations at night.

Wed (5/9): NOTHING PLANNED! (maybe I shoud make a table reservation just in case...? any recs?) Thinking Jellyrolls in the evening...

Thu (5/10): MK extra morning hour. Go to whichever parks we want to re-visit. DH, parents and I will eat at Raglan Road at 5:00. Back at MK for Spectromagic at 9:00.

Fri (5/11): Last day. No table services left. Flight leaves at 7:00 p.m.

Thoughts? Additions? Tips? Thanks for letting me share! As most of you say, planning IS half the fun!

Alicnwondrln

passporter is really good. I also liek the touringplans.com and tour guide mike. Are you using any of these to help pick where you go each day?
Just my opinion but Ragland road was pretty bad last time I was there. The food and service.

Upvote 0

Keetz

itinerary suggestion

I definately agree that I would spend more time in MK than in EPCOT. Also, when you check into your resort, make sure you ask if any of the parks are closing earlier than usual on any night. WHen DH, myself and our 4 yr old daughter went a few years ago, MK closed at 6PM on Friday(our last night there). Since we waited until our last night to see the parade of lights, we missed it. I recommend MK on you day one or 2 and seeing spectacles that day.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
So while I'm rather new to this site I'm already hooked! Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I thought I'd take advantage of that and see if you all can give me your opinions on what I have planned thus far...

DH and I will be flying from Nashville to Orlando May 5 and will meet up with my parents (in their 60s) and my brother and sister-in-law (40s) and their son (5) and daughter (7) coming from Chicago. We're staying at POFQ (which I have enjoyed in the past) We're staying May 5-11 with a 7-day park hopper "parks & more" with the DP.

Sat (5/5): MGM (just DH and me) after we're checked in. Dinner with all 8 at Boma @ 7:30.

Sun (5/6): Epcot with the big group during the day. DH, parents and me will eat at Le Chefs de France at 5:00. Bro and family are off to Cirque du Soliel that evening. We'll do extra magic hours at MK that night.

Mon (5/7): All 8 of us do extra morning hour at AK in the morning (DH LOVES zoos, so he'll be amazed at this place!) All 8 do Cinderella's Royal Table in MK at 2:30. Magical Fireworks Voyage at 8:30. (it'll be a late night for the kids!)

Tue (5/8): Late morning, maybe do a water park. All 8 do early dinner at Le Cellier in Epcot at 4:00. Stay for Illuminations at night.

Wed (5/9): NOTHING PLANNED! (maybe I shoud make a table reservation just in case...? any recs?) Thinking Jellyrolls in the evening...

Thu (5/10): MK extra morning hour. Go to whichever parks we want to re-visit. DH, parents and I will eat at Raglan Road at 5:00. Back at MK for Spectromagic at 9:00.

Fri (5/11): Last day. No table services left. Flight leaves at 7:00 p.m.

Thoughts? Additions? Tips? Thanks for letting me share! As most of you say, planning IS half the fun!

Overall sounds good, and not too overplanned. I would suggest doing Rose and Crown (Epcot UK) over Raglan Rd. Similar menu but much less expensive and better wait staff. As for your open day, what about Hoop de do Review, O'hana, Whispering Canyon, 50's Prime Time? All are fun to do with a larger group.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom