This place is empty.

Mouse Man

We arrive September 12 - 21 and I hope it is like this as well. We always go in September and only had a time or two when the parks were really crowed. September has always been a good time of the year for us to go. Less crowds, Room discounts always good weather except for a hurricane or two. Lastly it never seemed to be differrent far as crowd levels when the Economy was good or bad.

fosse76

Got here Sunday Night. (9/5/10) Got to Magic Kingdom around 11:30PM after DW and 4year old DD went to sleep. Walked on Jungle Cruise, Pirates, BTMR and HM, not a second of wait for anything. Yesterday got to Epcot at 9AM walked on every ride, Soarin', LWTL, Test Track (3 times in a row)Nemo and Maelstrom then had lunch with the princesses at Akershuis. We then took a 4 hour break at the Poly and went back to the San Angel Inn for dinner. Then rode Three cabeleros 3 times in a row(daughter wanted to go a fourth time, but I cut her off)), then rode Test Track 2 more times with no wait. Did DAK today and waited for nothing again.

Were you seriously expecting long lines at 11:30pm??? I mean, seriously?

Tooning

Lucky man I wish I could experience that but there are only certain times of the year I can go and only usually once every2 years :(

Magenta Panther

Have been in Oct, Nov, and Dec and crowds have been low. Heading up next week will be great, nothing is better than not waiting in those long lines! Sometimes early in the day or later at night you get the sense the entire park is yours, it's the best.

I've been to WDW twice in late September/early October, and aside from occasional rain squalls, the experience was great. Decent-sized crowds and weather. Early April is a nice time to go too.

RSoxNo1

We were there last week and the crowds were dead. 5 minute waits for Pooh, 15 minute waits for Peter Pan, both around 2:00 PM - I've never seen the crowds that light.

DisneyNut7578

Back to school time?

Anyway it sounds GREAT. No lines, no screaming kids, no sore feet! Congrats!

Dude, sore feet are inevitable due to the 80 miles a day you walk. :) Never been there once without getting the "Disney feet".

On a side note, I go every September about this time (going next week) and it's always this dead. Kids are back in school, summer is over. One time my wife and I were the only ones on TOT. Another time, we rode SM 3 times in a row. We'd pull up to the exit area, the CM asked if we want to go again, everyone cheered, and off we went.

khale1970

I've been once when it was very light crowds (Fall, 1995). It was pretty cool being able to walk onto of the rides with no waiting. For example, we got through everything in the MK we planned to do by lunchtime. We didn't have park hopper passes, so we made another round of the things we wanted to do again and then headed to the off site hotel to swim in a really, really cold heated pool.

My prior experiences had all been during summer or spring break, so it was refreshing to not spend the whole day sweating in lines. But I do admit that (for me anyway), part of the experience is the other people at the parks. I would take nearly empty over crazy spring break crowds any day of the week, but a nice moderately crowded day would be my first choice overall.

Evil Genius

I've had one off season experience in the parks and that was Valentine's Day of 1999. My friend and I each had a one day park hopper so we start at rope drop at Animal Kingdom and hit all four parks before wrapping up the day with Fantasmic at DHS and heading out. It was something like a 14 or 15 hour day in the parks jumping from one to the next but we hit everything we wanted to multiple times and had a blast.

P.S...we were EXHAUSTED!

G-bone

This has gotten me even more excited about leaving in 10 days!

I was looking on the Dis boards and there were two threads about how low the current crowds were. One said they've been going this time for 8 years and this was the least crowded they're ever seen it.

:sohappy::D

We are too, I hope it will be less crowded that first week of October....ughh lets keep our fingers crossed double....hehehe.

We're heading to the World at the end of Sept and hoping for low crowds. I've down-loaded some line apps for the iPhone, it's been fun checking out the wait times.

We've noticed that some days have wait times on most rides in the 5-15 min range but TSM is always listed at 90-120 min wait. We love that ride but what gives? Is everyone just standing in line at TSM?:shrug:

luvlifeinfl

We just returned from our trip in the World, we arrived on Aug. 28th and departed on Sept.4th

The crowds were great. This the 1st time been there this time of the yr and almost every thing had a wait time of no more than 20 min. The only ride we had a hard time with is TSM, the FP were gone by 10:30am (parked opened at 9am), the whole day the wait was a 120 min wait then when the EMH it was 80 min.

Some mentioned about the apps, I just want to tell you we had a guy behind us on Splash Mountain and he told us the the apps were not accurate all the time, so he stated he was disappointed with the apps.

At the end of the month I would think the crowds would start to pick up again with F&WF, and MNSSHP.

rob45

Enjoy it while you can. I was at the Magic Kingdom on July 2, 2010 and it was somewhat small crowds then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom