This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Two planes have just crashed into the World Trade Center. They are saying these planes were flown by terriorists. Both towers have gapping holes and are on fire.

mightyduck

Re: This is terrible!

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Two planes have just crashed into the World Trade Center. They are saying these planes were flown by terriorists. Both towers have gapping holes and are on fire.

The TV signal from WNBC, New York's flagship station, is out at the moment...

(The Today Show is still broadcasting on the other affiliates).

WABC is also not broadcasting...

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Details are still sketchy but the first plane to hit was a 757 American Airlines flight flying from Boston to LA that they are saying was hi-jacked. The second plane hit about 15 minutes later into the other tower. This was a Cesna and they had footage of the plane hitting the North tower.

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Details are still sketchy but the first plane to hit was a 757 American Airlines flight flying from Boston to LA that they are saying was hi-jacked. The second plane hit about 15 minutes later into the other tower. This was a Cesna and they had footage of the plane hitting the North tower.

Freak, did you see the footage? I don't think that's a Cessna--it's huge.

Now they are saying it felt like an explosion at the Pentagon...

I live in flight pattern for nearby Navy and AF bases...I can hear planes overhead...

markymark

Guys, try to keep us informed if you can. All the news websites are jammed at the moment, and I can't get to a radio.

Thanks

Mark

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
They are saying either a bomb went off or another plane crashed into the Pentagon. This is very sad. The White House has been evacuated. President Bush is currently in Long Boat, FL.

The Mom

Premium Member
The terrible thing is we won't know how this has affected us on a personal until later...I suspect (because of my husband's military service) that we may know people in the pentagon.

A family friend (Mayor Delaney) flew with Pres Bush last night to Sarasota from Jacksonville; at least he's(Bush)is not in Washington today.

I say a prayer for all of those people, both in the buildings and in the hijacked planes!

markymark

Oh GOD!! Guys I know how you must be feeling, we have had to cope with the s**t from the IRA for years.

I just hope you and yours are OK

Keep in touch

Thinking about you all

Mark

mightyduck

George Washington Bridge is only open outbound...no other movement... leads to CT to the north and NJ to the south, btw...

sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom