This is how bad the price increases are

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why would they? Sure the price the OP posted is considerable but even with parking and such factored in that other family of four who got tickets for 10 days with a dining plan and memory Maker paid considerably more and probably act a lot less demanding and entitled (not singling out anyone here just my general experience dealing with APs). Non AP family is just happy to be there and having fun. AP booked a week before and expects room number 1234 with a view of the MK fireworks and an adjacent unicorn that poops $100 bills because they're an AP.
Them dang APers aint getting my Unicorn 😡

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
All animals are equal, just some are more equal than others.

Animals don't own assets (although they can be held in trust for them). Fair in a capitalist system is everyone has the opportunity to incur the same expense for products... not a sliding scale based on income or budgetary priorities.

Willmark

Animals don't own assets (although they can be held in trust for them). Fair in a capitalist system is everyone has the opportunity to incur the same expense for products... not a sliding scale based on income or budgetary priorities.
I’d argue Disney already has a sliding scale baked into the price of their resorts.

And as a middle of the road libertarian I don’t have an issue with that, capitalism generally speaking just works.

Tanjiers

They are great at what they do and demand top price to come and enjoy all they have to offer!! I just hope they don't price everyone out

eliza61nyc

They are great at what they do and demand top price to come and enjoy all they have to offer!! I just hope they don't price everyone out

They won't, simply for the fact that the repercussions for costing more than the market will bear is that you go out of business.
So if Disney raises the price of their product pass what the majority of their customers feel is valuable they will lose customers.

Once that happens they will drop prices ( most likely in the form of "discounts")

Right now they are enjoying great attendance levels so no incentive to lower prices.

TXRob

Yep.

Disney is walking a fine line.

They are trying to get the guests to spend more money,but as of yet still trying to keep it “fair”. Could you imagine the uproar if they say offered a package of where those staying at a Deluxe could for say, oh I don’t $2000 for this hypothetical 10-day stay to get unlimited fast pass? (That’s $200 a day or $50 per person- probably to low for Disney). Could you imagine the hue and cry, calls of elitism?

At the same time I don’t doubt that Disney is looking very hard at a way to wring more dollars from the non AP customers in the upper income brackets with minimal cost to Disney. It’s simply smart business, the saying the “customer is always right” doesn’t apply anymore. Smart companies realize that the customers who actually spends money are always right. Even smarter companies realize that the customers in the top 3 quartiles of income are even better.

Now am I saying this for classist or elitists reasons? No. I’m pointing out that a successful company is going to target customers in the upper income brackets because they represent a higher $ generated per person per visit. AP holders? No they are a captive audience, same with DVC to a degreee?

Everyone else? I’m sure Disney provide good lip service (as does any company) but I’m sure they are not expending as much effort to entice them as the top 30%. Then of course it’s entirely possible on the other 70% to go for volume which results in packed parks.

YMMV and I’m sure people are going to misconstrue and/or get upset by this... it’s a hard cold fact of capitalism that companies want to make money, the fact that guests are happy is a far distant second IMO.

They already have this. VIP Tours.
Ever notice celebs on Instagram and how they can do all the best rides and go park hopping. Auto on each ride no line.

J2theGo

They won't, simply for the fact that the repercussions for costing more than the market will bear is that you go out of business.
So if Disney raises the price of their product pass what the majority of their customers feel is valuable they will lose customers.

Once that happens they will drop prices ( most likely in the form of "discounts")

Right now they are enjoying great attendance levels so no incentive to lower prices.

I agree but what they are not paying attention to are the longterm repeat Guests who have always returned are now starting to say things like “never returning again” because of the high costs for less quality of a product than they are used to and its happening to many friends and family I know who simply say they are done with Disney Parks. Its sad.

fluffy

We are staying at the Dolphin for $371.74 including sales tax per night king bed, resort view....including a rollaway bed and the service charge. This is not including the parking fee of $25 per night. The Dolphin feels like you are staying on the Disney property so I think for us this is as close as we are gonna get for a Delux Hotel. I hear it's a fantastic resort.

HwdStudio

We are staying at the Dolphin for $371.74 including sales tax per night king bed, resort view....including a rollaway bed and the service charge. This is not including the parking fee of $25 per night. The Dolphin feels like you are staying on the Disney property so I think for us this is as close as we are gonna get for a Delux Hotel. I hear it's a fantastic resort.
It’s a great resort. Walk or boat to Epcot, DHS and the Boardwalk.

winstongator

They saw this a couple years ago - or maybe it was by design. They significantly changed the pricing of the FL resident passes. 2015->2016 saw small attendance decreases on the heels of significant increases the prior 5 years.

Supply/demand/price curves are continuous. For nearly every price setup, there's an attendance number (or estimate). It's not just about maximizing revenue from tickets. Full parks keeps restaurants full, and merch flying off the shelves.

I'd like to see some rewards program for repeat guests & long-term passholders. Maybe long-term passholders are willing to pay more though... I was checking into Port Orleans Riverside for like the 6th time, and the CM asked if I had stayed there before. I was hoping for something like, 'glad to see you back' or something like that.

Sirwalterraleigh

They saw this a couple years ago - or maybe it was by design. They significantly changed the pricing of the FL resident passes. 2015->2016 saw small attendance decreases on the heels of significant increases the prior 5 years.

Supply/demand/price curves are continuous. For nearly every price setup, there's an attendance number (or estimate). It's not just about maximizing revenue from tickets. Full parks keeps restaurants full, and merch flying off the shelves.

I'd like to see some rewards program for repeat guests & long-term passholders. Maybe long-term passholders are willing to pay more though... I was checking into Port Orleans Riverside for like the 6th time, and the CM asked if I had stayed there before. I was hoping for something like, 'glad to see you back' or something like that.

There is a “rewards” program...

There are 100 or so kiosks staffed with standoffish people selling it at all times.

With that...you get $100 off an annual pass that goes up about $50 a year 😉

:..enjoy

FrostyNaples

Below is what I paid to stay last year. No more Deluxe resorts for me.

View attachment 277060

This is what it is this year.

View attachment 277062

I can't see a better debate on why you wouldnt buy into DVC. This photo is like DVC marketing material to a T.

Now imagine these increase over 5yrs, 10yrs, 15yrs, more!

The price of accommodations isnts going in reverse. And if you plan or want to plan on attending Disney on the regular, DVC is your option to lock in now, and vacation for years to come on basically today's buy in costs.

Yes there are other digits to factor, but the same conclusion will be reached.

We began renting points in 2014, and have can literally do the same type photo argument you've created here, DVC rentals keep going up too! More per point to rent, year over year. The owners are the winners :)

Was our drive to become DVC owners last year. The longer you wait, the higher everything becomes.

Sirwalterraleigh

I can't see a better debate on why you wouldnt buy into DVC. This photo is like DVC marketing material to a T.

Now imagine these increase over 5yrs, 10yrs, 15yrs, more!

The price of accommodations isnts going in reverse. And if you plan or want to plan on attending Disney on the regular, DVC is your option to lock in now, and vacation for years to come on basically today's buy in costs.

Yes there are other digits to factor, but the same conclusion will be reached.

We began renting points in 2014, and have can literally do the same type photo argument you've created here, DVC rentals keep going up too! More per point to rent, year over year. The owners are the winners :)

Was our drive to become DVC owners last year. The longer you wait, the higher everything becomes.

They counter argument is that they have doubled the price of DVC in about 12 years and won’t be stopping that policy...

So you’re getting screwed either way.

But...there is a glass ceiling on hotel prices. Disney has already REALLY pushed it...hence the “random” DVC conversions. There’s a semi hidden truth there...

A room at the poly will never be $2100 a night...no economy can ever support that...they have already basically gotten to the limit of price where they can get 90% occupancy that they want and need. All the prices/sales are tied together.

FrostyNaples

They counter argument is that they have doubled the price of DVC in about 12 years and won’t be stopping that policy...

So you’re getting screwed either way.

If your attending Disney on the regular, and plan to into the foreseeable future, there is no counter?

If your not buying DVC now, your costs continue to go up annually if you continue to visit.

The only counter I can see, is ending your Disney experience all together?

Sirwalterraleigh

If your attending Disney on the regular, and plan to into the foreseeable future, there is no counter?

If your not buying DVC now, your costs continue to go up annually if you continue to visit.

The only counter I can see, is ending your Disney experience all together?

Or see if they get to a breaking point on price. Which is really an “equilibrium” point.

There’s this idea that if they can’t keep raising prices...they shut the place down. WRONG. They were making plenty of walkaway cash when all Star was $49 and the grand Floridian was $329....

The consumers have just become really lazy/stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom