This is how bad the price increases are

Skibum1970

Lol. Totally OT,
Don't get me started John, got a letter last month from city of Philadelphia , property taxes going up 33% to almost 11k a year and believe me I donot have a mcmansion. My youngest just graduated from college, so now I'm seriously considering seller the old homestead. 1,000 bucks a month is insane.

Ok rant over, I know return you to your regularly scheduled program.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! Man, I can't even imagine that. My annual property taxes are around $3.0K. For $11K in taxes in Cincinnati, your house would be close to $1.0M in value. That would make me sick.

I actually think that my annual treks to WDW are ending. The cost is too much and we try to do things on the cheap (except for splurging on a Disney Moderate).

fluffy

Grew up on LI NY ( got out years ago) my brother is still up there has a postage stamp size lot nice house but nothing extravagant and paying 12 grand in property taxes. I keep telling him to come to SC I have 3 acres and a 3,000 square ft house and 2 minutes from the boat landing and the ocean. Taxes $1500 a year. Guess that is why we are being invaded by y'all from the NE Welcome to come but please don't try to change it into what you came from
Enjoy it while you can. Everyone I know here in NJ is planning on moving to SC when they retire for all those good money-saving reasons. We are planning on vacationing there each year but probably won't be moving due to family etc. Florida is way too hot in the summer so that's out.

OneofThree

Sorry to disagree with you but on the coast (been here 40 years) it does not and the mountains of SC it does not. Keep spreading that rumor to many people moving here

I lived on the Florida/GA line for about decade, where our weather was much closer to that of the inland areas. I also lived in Orlando for a decade or so. Closer to GA for example, it would be nothing to see 98 degree temps. Not so on the peninsula, where 93-94 is usually tops. I will say that it definitely feels hotter in Central Florida, primarily because those slightly lower temps seem to come at the cost of slightly higher humidity.

John park hopper

I lived on the Florida/GA line for about decade, where our weather was much closer to that of the inland areas. I also lived in Orlando for a decade or so. Closer to GA for example, it would be nothing to see 98 degree temps. Not so on the peninsula, where 93-94 is usually tops. I will say that it definitely feels hotter in Central Florida, primarily because those slightly lower temps seem to come at the cost of slightly higher humidity.

Inland SC can be much hotter than than on the coast, Columbia SC can have temps not often in the very High 90's or above 100 here on the coast we get a sea breeze that keeps temps much lower. On very rare occasions we get a spell of 100's may last a week. Today its about 86 with a breeze. Have lived in south Florida and it seemed to be hotter longer. Come Sep it starts to cool down a lot here. Just looked up Orlando 91

Goofyernmost

Enjoy it while you can. Everyone I know here in NJ is planning on moving to SC when they retire for all those good money-saving reasons. We are planning on vacationing there each year but probably won't be moving due to family etc. Florida is way too hot in the summer so that's out.
I live in a town in NC called Cary. It is broken down this way.

Containment
Area for
Relocated
Yankees

Retired here from Vermont almost 8 years ago. You would not believe how many Vermont licence plates I see every day. Everything is cheaper here then up north and wages are higher... hard to beat that so a lot of young people are leaving the north and heading south.

sndral

There is absolutely a part of me that wishes we had bought into DVC when we had the chance; it makes the most sense from a monetary stand point. That said, I'm also somewhat happy that we didn't lock ourselves into annual Disney vacations.
Actually w/ banking and borrowing you can buy just enough points for a Disney vacation once every 3 years. Most folks who decide to skip Disney for a year or so just rent out their points and pocket the profit to help subsidize their alternate vacation. Demand for DVC rentals seems to keep going up (most likely because resort room costs keep going up) and brokers make it easy for owners to rent their points.

Kevin_W

From my trip report October 12, 2004:

I was able to get Pop Century for $49 per night. YEAH!

One of our first trips (~2010), we had to pack rack rate at Pop Century in order to qualify for the Free Dining promotion. It was less than $90 per night! Now, the best "discounted" rates I've seen are pushing $150 in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom