Third Theme Park in Anaheim?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Angelique
Also ... as a side comment... Merlin how do you like the Central Valley? I couldn't wait to move out of Central California when I was young. It was so stifling, and the lack of senery where I was just didn't hit me as something I liked... although when people from Cali go to the area I live in they think all the vineyards are very beautiful... I don't get it. LOL

You must live in the Napa/Sonoma area I take it? If so, I have to agree with your friends. That is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

You know, I used to hate Sacramento because it just seemed like such a rinky- town. I had grown up in LA as a kid. Then I moved back down there to work for Disney and I was living in Burbank. When I returned to Sacramento, I had a somewhat different outlook. I don't think I would want to live anywhere else. It is so perfectly situated in it's proximity to so many cool places. If you want to go to San Francisco or the Wine Country, you're just a couple hours away. Likewise with Lake Tahoe. Even Yosemite is relatively close. So yes, I love it now. And best of all....We've got the KINGS!!!!

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Merlin
You must live in the Napa/Sonoma area I take it? If so, I have to agree with your friends. That is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

You know, I used to hate Sacramento because it just seemed like such a rinky- town. I had grown up in LA as a kid. Then I moved back down there to work for Disney and I was living in Burbank. When I returned to Sacramento, I had a somewhat different outlook. I don't think I would want to live anywhere else. It is so perfectly situated in it's proximity to so many cool places. If you want to go to San Francisco or the Wine Country, you're just a couple hours away. Likewise with Lake Tahoe. Even Yosemite is relatively close. So yes, I love it now. And best of all....We've got the KINGS!!!!

Actually I'm from the Madera/Fresno area but living in Orlando at the moment.

Trust me.. that area has NOTHING to do lol.

Disneyland1970

I've been staying far away from this thread but I guess I'll jump in now.

IThe Winery restrauant is actually very lovely and quite worth the money. I think it's about the same price of a meal Club 33 and the food is very good. One thing DCA has over DL is more restrauants and places to eat.

I think you meant Blue Bayou....Isn't Club 33 a private club above POTC?

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Disneyland1970
I think you meant Blue Bayou....Isn't Club 33 a private club above POTC?

No I meant the Club and yes it is the private club above POTC. Yes the vineyard is price comparable to a dinner at the club. :-D

xfkirsten

Actually I'm from the Madera/Fresno area but living in Orlando at the moment.

Trust me.. that area has NOTHING to do lol.

LOL... I've driven the length of CA several times... and anywhere between Stockton and LA, there is nothing at all. :lol:

-Kirsten

jaylenofan86

Originally posted by Merlin

Sacramento is a great city, we are an hour away from the beach and the mountains, and we have the #1 basketball team!

Disneyland1970

No I meant the Club and yes it is the private club above POTC. Yes the vineyard is price comparable to a dinner at the club. :-D

Oh, I'm sorry:) I just thought it was funny that you would compare it to a restaurant that most of us cannot use. I did not realize you were
d
r
o
p
p
i
n
g a name!

:D Have a great day!

KentB3

Anyone remember WestCOT?

With all this talk about California Adventure, I thought I'd bring up WestCOT. In case you're not familiar with this, WestCOT was a theme park similar to EPCOT, only bigger and better, that was planned for Disneyland's 2nd park in the early 1990's. WestCOT was to cover 470 acres (as opposed to EPCOT's 300 acres), which would be build over the old parking lot (where CA currently sits) and the surrounding areas, in front of the original Disneyland park.

The gateway to WestCOT was SpaceStation Earth, a spherical structure similar to EPCOT's Spaceship Earth, but standing 300 feet in height and diameter (as opposed to 180 feet for Spaceship Earth) and gold colored as opposed to Spaceship Earth's silver globe.

However, there was community resistance, primarily over increased traffic and urban sprawl; as well as land cost. Eventually, the 2nd park evolved into California Adventure. As for the 3rd park, who knows! Anyone's guess is as good as mine! :D

xfkirsten

I remember the whole Westcot thing! I'm willing to bet that a fair number of people out there are just bitter at DCA because it didn't end up as Westcot as they wanted it to be. And as far as I'm concerned, the community around DL should suck it up and take whatever DL decides to put in... it WAS there before they were!! ;) :lol:

-Kirsten

Pat X

470 acres? How would that have fit? Wouldn't that require disney to buy up surrounding land from private businesses and residents?

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Pat X
470 acres? How would that have fit? Wouldn't that require disney to buy up surrounding land from private businesses and residents?

It definitely would, yes. Which is very difficult, as the whole strawberry field deal shows. :)

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom