Third Theme Park in Anaheim?

imagineer boy

Matt Ouimet clearly said that they will not be making a third theme park any time soon because they want to improve DCA more. You see, if they built a third theme park, ( I would assume that it would be much better than DCA ) then not a soul would go to DCA.

bryon1

If I remember right this web site USED to be owned by Disney then they gave it up when they realized DCA needed some time to grow up.

This site keeps on "popping up" every now and then.

Pat X

yea...I had that stupid site bookedmarked for the longest time, but it never changed...Anyways, I am sure someday they will get to adding a third park...I just hope its not a water park!

CalDisney

Right now Disney is working on getting Space Mountain and other Rides ready for Disneyland`s 50TH anniversary.
I heard on the news Thunder mountain may be opening next month if they pass Inspections.

And Eisner is Pushing the Opening of Tower Of Terror and the Snow White stage show.

So I dont think a 3rd Park will be built till sometime after 2006

Pat X

Disney actually bought about 55 acres (i think) about a block and a half away. Its currently a strawberry farm I believe. When the thirdthemepark site was operational, it showed that the parks were to be connected through a people mover system that ran above the street.

The site also said that it would have room enough to hold more hotels and retail.

Creekboy25

Really? That is awesome!!! I did not know that they bought more property!! Once DCA is up to paar, I wonder what the third theme park will be?? I am excited!

BRER STITCH

Yep! After many years of offers and refusals to sell, the old man that owned the Strawberry Farm passed away and his kids could not $ell it off fa$t enough! :lol:

They DID keep a small plot in the back to maintain as a strawberry farm, but the front 55 acres went to DisneyLand for an undisclosed (so far) price.

It's a bit down the street from the park entrance, so some form of transportation will be necessary-whether by bus or monorail!

Word is it will be DL's first water park and an additional Hotel, so it could happen sooner than you think! :animwink:

:sohappy:

cherrynegra

Wow. I didn't realize they had bought property. I thought they were all tapped out. It would be interesting if they did add a third park. But they'd have to improve DCA. I mean it's barely a park on its own.

Merlin

Account Suspended
If they built an entire new park, would it really be accurate to refer to it as a "third" park? I mean, with DL in it's current condition, and DCA being....well, DCA.....Doesn't that pretty much barely add up to one full park now?

Just kidding!

Pat X

Originally posted by cherrynegra
Wow. I didn't realize they had bought property. I thought they were all tapped out. It would be interesting if they did add a third park. But they'd have to improve DCA. I mean it's barely a park on its own.

I can't understand why people still say this?! There was more to do on DCA's opening day than both MGM and Animal Kingdom had on their first day. Additionally, there is more attractions at DCA NOW then at both MGM and AK as well.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Pat X
I can't understand why people still say this?! There was more to do on DCA's opening day than both MGM and Animal Kingdom had on their first day. Additionally, there is more attractions at DCA NOW then at both MGM and AK as well.

I agree. It's certainly no Disneyland Park, but it has definitely grown on me! It's continually adding new attractions, and I find myself spending more and more time there. It might not sound like a lot, but really, this is one of those don't-knock-it-til-you've-tried-it things.

-Kirsten

Pat X

Originally posted by xfkirsten
I agree. this is one of those don't-knock-it-til-you've-tried-it things.

-Kirsten

Glad I am not the only one on this board who enjoys DCA! :sohappy: I also find myself spending more time there...I just love the mix of attractions, the atmosphere, the music, etc.

Disneyland1970

Although it has been a couple of years since I went to DCA, the feeling I had upon leaving was that it was nothing ground breaking or new. Yes Soaring is a fantastic ride!!! But the rest of the park is a re-hash of every other park in the country. Hopefully it has gotten better, but it had a very Six Flags/Knotts kind of feel to it.

I agree to get this park turned around!! It has great potential and with a little work could be something great!

DRIFT: Are they still giving a french bread baking tour (YAWN).
I was wondering what that was all about???

Is that Napa winery restaurant still open?? I thought very expensive for the menu offered.

xfkirsten

dCA has definitely changed since then. I went in 2001/02, and was thoroughly unimpressed. But it has definitely improved! The bakery tour is still there, I believe (not sure, I only go into that area for the margarita stand! ;)), and the winery is still open as well. I haven't eaten there, though, cause I'm a broke college student. ;)

-Kirsten

Pat X

The micro-factories are both still there. My wife and I ate at the lower restaurant at the winery and enjoyed it. We weren't able to eat in the the Vineyard Room on the top floor. I actually like the food selection better at DCA than at DL.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Disneyland1970
But the rest of the park is a re-hash of every other park in the country. Hopefully it has gotten better, but it had a very Six Flags/Knotts kind of feel to it.

Pssst... Hey, Disneyland1970, this park has the "Disney" name on it. Ergo, there are those individuals who will simply NEVER be critical of it for that reason. Nevermind the fact that article after article after article has been written about what a loser this park is. Nevermind that it was built under the reign of Paul Pressler, a man whose name is almost synonomous with cheap overmerchandising. Nevermind that on Larry King Live recently, Michael Eisner (whom many have credited with being a "great salesman") couldn't come up with anything intriguing to say about DCA. Nevermind that Roy Disney (a man whom most Disney fans seem to agree still understands the true Disney spirit) has criticized DCA as having been "built on the cheap" and poorly planned. None of this matters to a certain percentage of the Disney Fan population because as long as it's got the Disney name on it, they've convinced themselves that it's a great park.

Also consider this: In another post in this section, most fans have expressed joy over the fact that Superstar Limo is making a return. When you're excited about an attraction like that coming back, what does that truly say about this park?

ShanenLuvsDsny

Wow, talk about NEGATIVITY! That is your opinion, obviously, but many people think differently. Personally, I think it's a great park. Of course it's not Disneyland, but Disneyland is Disneyland and DCA is DCA. You can't compare them. Oh, and I never thought Superstar Limo was that big of a deal either.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom