Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

mm121

bioreconstruct...

with how much faster it seems this garage is going up, its kinda surprising they didnt do pre cast for the first two garages

does anyone know how much bigger its going to get from how it is now? hard to visualize how much more of that space is going to be turned into garage space.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
with how much faster it seems this garage is going up, its kinda surprising they didnt do pre cast for the first two garages

does anyone know how much bigger its going to get from how it is now? hard to visualize how much more of that space is going to be turned into garage space.
Prefab is not always the best long term solution.

They go up much faster and tend to be less expensive, but you are essentially picking a parking garage from a catalog. If you can find one that meets or exceeds your needs and fits your site then you are home free.

When they don't, you have to go custom or deal with something that might not work for you in the future or even the day it opens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Prefab is not always the best long term solution.

They go up much faster and tend to be less expensive, but you are essentially picking a parking garage from a catalog. If you can find one that meets or exceeds your needs and fits your site then you are home free.

When they don't, you have to go custom or deal with something that might not work for you in the future or even the day it opens.

I found some articles online about prefab vs custom garages and they mention that with custom you can have much large spans between the columns then you can with prefab. They also mentioned that prefab has a lot more joints so the maintenance cost can be higher then with one built in place.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I found some articles online about prefab vs custom garages and they mention that with custom you can have much large spans between the columns then you can with prefab. They also mentioned that prefab has a lot more joints so the maintenance cost can be higher then with one built in place.
Correct.

Depending on who is making it you are often going to be working with fairly rigid set maximum of beam sizes, floor decks, etc. Those beams only span so far making your column spacing pretty rigid.

With custom, the only limit tends to be you checking account.

mm121

Just because the sign says full, doesn't mean it is full. We always find a spot. Circling the garage for a bit beats circling the parking lots for an hour like a few years ago.
occasionally when its super busy they physically block the entrances with cones, to prevent cars from circling inside the garage

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What’s up with that “ramp” that appears to just be a curvy dead end of concrete? So confused.

It's just a bad angle...

1527916666050.png

From here:

geekza

I apologize in advance, but I have a stupid question. We're going down in November and staying at PO: Riverside. We're driving our two teenagers down with us, but they're going to be spending the week there with other family members while my wife and I finally get to have some time to ourselves. Since we're arriving before we can get into our rooms, we'll likely go to Disney Springs to meet the other family members and perform the "teenager hand-off". Will we have parking privileges in one of the Disney Springs garages or is it not included in our resort parking fees (Don't get me started on that.)? We'll more than likely have already checked in on the app by this time.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit. This story caught my eye and I thought I'd ask.

BatStang2000

I apologize in advance, but I have a stupid question. We're going down in November and staying at PO: Riverside. We're driving our two teenagers down with us, but they're going to be spending the week there with other family members while my wife and I finally get to have some time to ourselves. Since we're arriving before we can get into our rooms, we'll likely go to Disney Springs to meet the other family members and perform the "teenager hand-off". Will we have parking privileges in one of the Disney Springs garages or is it not included in our resort parking fees (Don't get me started on that.)? We'll more than likely have already checked in on the app by this time.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit. This story caught my eye and I thought I'd ask.
Short answer - Parking in the Disney Springs garages is free, you just aren't supposed to leave your car there overnight.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“You think we should start the pedestrian bridge?”

Nah - that’s the problem of the future!

You build the pedestrian bridge too early and then you get a bunch of looky-lous coming over and impinging on the person freedoms of the construction workers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom