Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

briangaw

agreed, i was about to say the same thing, but maybe they can since its 2,000 spaces so can be more of a standardized design versus the larger garages

i wonder what kind of time difference we will see for construction in the difference between cast in place and pre-cast

Perhaps and maybe won't have as unique ramps etc. Precast's do fly up so this should be pretty quick and may have been part of the decision. They know they need the spaces. I do wonder if all of the parking space finding technology will be absent. The cast in place allowed hiding all of that wiring and infrastructure. Almost hope they don't include it as it will be medal conduit central.

mm121

Perhaps and maybe won't have as unique ramps etc. Precast's do fly up so this should be pretty quick and may have been part of the decision. They know they need the spaces. I do wonder if all of the parking space finding technology will be absent. The cast in place allowed hiding all of that wiring and infrastructure. Almost hope they don't include it as it will be medal conduit central.

This garage should have less traffic with less mass inflows and outflows all at the same time as the intention is to make it mostly for cast, so it shouldnt be as much of an issue if the ramp design takes vehicles "circling" level to level like most parking garages do.

while i dont think they will go so far as to label it "cast parking" its appeal can be minimized by limiting signage and what we know about the pedestrian bridge dumping people way over on the north side by the marketplace a long long walk from the west side and landing should limit the garages appeal to the general public.

as far as the wiring im sure most people could care less if a garage has conduit,
i'm not entirely sure but its possible that some of the sensors may be battery/wireless as they do put those systems into existing structures where lots of conduit could be cost prohibitive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can always vary, but speed of construction tends to be a few spots down on the list in the decision to go custom or precast. The number one item on the list when choosing between the two tends to be will it fit and meet the need followed closely by budget. The structure going up quicker in most cases tends to be a nice perk more so than a feature.

I also would not be surprise if the precast units now integrate parking space monitoring as that is becoming an almost standard feature these days.

mm121

Was there ever any concept art for this garage anywhere?

Just curious to know if they are going to the theme the outside to make it look similar to the other two garages.

Driver

There still will be the fire sprinkler piping.

Rider

Today

AE940228-6A9E-490E-B145-A457BD8E4143.jpeg
5ADF4316-E9D5-4207-991B-1782E5CDAFFA.jpeg

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

This might be a dumb question, but is this third garage really needed?

I have never seen the other existing garages get completely full. Even during Xmas. Are they going to build another area, maybe on that side of the street with more shops, restaurants, and entertainment options? I just don't see the need for this otherwise, as the Orange and Lime garages they have now can do the job just fine and people will have to cross the street from garage 3 because there's nothing on that side besides that gas station and the Disney Cast center.

mm121

This might be a dumb question, but is this third garage really needed?

I have never seen the other existing garages get completely full. Even during Xmas. Are they going to build another area, maybe on that side of the street with more shops, restaurants, and entertainment options? I just don't see the need for this otherwise, as the Orange and Lime garages they have now can do the job just fine and people will have to cross the street from garage 3 because there's nothing on that side besides that gas station and the Disney Cast center.
definitely needed yes

this 3rd garage is geared towards cast

as far as crossing the street there will be an elevated walkway on the north side of the Lime garage landing behind the back of world of disney

while the garages aren't always at capacity YET, they very well will be soon so its better to build now rather than later

there are no plans to build shops on the i-4 side of LBV but there has been talk of building where the parking lot to the west of the west side is

Last edited:

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

definitely needed yes

this 3rd garage is geared towards cast

as far as crossing the street there will be an elevated walkway on the north side of the Lime garage landing behind the back of world of disney

while the garages aren't always at capacity YET, they very well will be soon so its better to build now rather than later

there are no plans to build shops on the i-4 side of LBV but there has been talk of building where the parking lot to the west of the west side is
@AnotherDayAnotherDollar

in these pics you can see where the walkway will connect

Makes sense. Thanks.

Would be nice to see an expansion on the parking lots west of the west side or west of the orange garage. That would explain the need for another garage or two.

TalkingHead

How often do they park people at Team Disney? I went to a show at House of Blues on Friday night (Parliament-Funkadelic, fun stuff, thanks for asking), and by 8:00 the garages were full and people were parking at Team Disney.

The show ended around midnight, and I was surprised how little security was visible in that lot. After crossing the pedestrian bridge, there were very few lights along the sidewalks and the parking lot was quite dark.

The third garage will take care of this, but in the meantime parking at Team Disney is less than ideal.

WhatJaneSays

How often do they park people at Team Disney? I went to a show at House of Blues on Friday night (Parliament-Funkadelic, fun stuff, thanks for asking), and by 8:00 the garages were full and people were parking at Team Disney.

The show ended around midnight, and I was surprised how little security was visible in that lot. After crossing the pedestrian bridge, there were very few lights along the sidewalks and the parking lot was quite dark.

The third garage will take care of this, but in the meantime parking at Team Disney is less than ideal.

I don't notice them parking people over there too often. Mostly Friday or Saturday evenings on big weekends. Occasionally I'll see them parking people over there other nights like opening night for Avengers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom