Think we will see Free Dining for this coming fall?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah it was already offered but this coming April/May anyone think it will be offered again? History says yes, but history never had it offered a year ahead of time either...

meganw1985

I'm booked for December with my 40% off PIN (well 35% since we're doing POR), so I would say it will probably be an offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for free dining though, as it will probably save us more money in the long run. :slurp: If not, I guess I'll get an AP and a TiW card and do it that way :p

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I am not sure you will see it again...like OP said it was offer already really early compaired to prior years. They have not offered the buy 4 days get 3 days free I think they did Kids play free promo. So maybe we will see buy 4 get 3 instead of free dining???? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It is was being offered in the UK, my eldest booked for Oct and got it, but it looks like its now been scaled back to counter service plan for moderates and full plan for DeLuxe/DVC resorts.

Upvote 0

Toveck

We got a pin code a couple of weeks ago for free dining for July 1st thru August 13th. It was for free counter service for Value resorts and the regular dining plan for Moderate and Deluxe resorts.

We were planning on going August 13th-20th at Music, but with that offer we moved it back a week and are going the 6th-13th. We also paid to upgrade the dining plan to the regular DDP.

From what we were told when we booked, the codes just went out, and were limited and very restrictive. I know sometimes in the past, as long as you checked in during the window, you got whatever the discount was for your whole stay, but not this one. This was only until the 13th and if we would stay until the 14th, the CM said it wouldn't cover that day.

Upvote 0

Javier Boughton

on our last trip in sept/oct restaurants, character breakfasts and snack cars were a mess and always full at any time..to blame? the free dinning plan...

i think it is a good way to promote attendance...but not something that a lot of people enjoy

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

We love free dining! It all has to do with preference. If free dining isnt offered ever again will we not return to Disney? No way! But we do enjoy having that offer made available to us. It works for our family, ALWAYS.

Upvote 0

lebeau

I just posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost it here since this is more or less the same topic in a different thread.

----

With apologies to those who plan their vacations around this offer, I really hope Disney never offers free dining again. I think it has done a great disservice to WDW as a whole. I think it's sad we've gotten to the point where people expect free dining when they plan their trips.

I know I'll be in the minority, but that's my $.02.

----

The frequency with which this question comes up just illustrates how addicted people have become to this offer. And that's not a good thing, imho.

Upvote 0

Javier Boughton

I just posted this elsewhere, but I'll repost it here since this is more or less the same topic in a different thread.

----

With apologies to those who plan their vacations around this offer, I really hope Disney never offers free dining again. I think it has done a great disservice to WDW as a whole. I think it's sad we've gotten to the point where people expect free dining when they plan their trips.

I know I'll be in the minority, but that's my $.02.

----

The frequency with which this question comes up just illustrates how addicted people have become to this offer. And that's not a good thing, imho.

there should really be a "Like" button like facebook.

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

I booked my trip and paid for Disney dining..... do I wish it was free dining? Only if it is a bigger savings then what I received with my pin code for % off my room. Regardless of how much money I earn, I would be very ignorant not to take a discount that was offered.
I don't see how free dinning is more of a black eye to Disney then being given room discounts. Money is money whether saved through a room discount or free dinning. It all spends the same. Here lately, free Dining has warranted a stereotype equivalent to food stamps. Just because a person uses free dining doesn’t mean they are going to destroy Disney. Also the comments about how the restaurants are full and messy, Disney wants their restaurants full. It means they are making money. As for the messy, that can be blamed on messy children and lazy parents. It could even be blamed on slow CMs, but blaming it on free dining is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

I booked my trip and paid for Disney dining..... do I wish it was free dining? Only if it is a bigger savings then what I received with my pin code for % off my room. Regardless of how much money I earn, I would be very ignorant not to take a discount that was offered.
I don't see how free dinning is more of a black eye to Disney then being given room discounts. Money is money whether saved through a room discount or free dinning. It all spends the same. Here lately, free Dining has warranted a stereotype equivalent to food stamps. Just because a person uses free dining doesn’t mean they are going to destroy Disney. Also the comments about how the restaurants are full and messy, Disney wants their restaurants full. It means they are making money. As for the messy, that can be blamed on messy children and lazy parents. It could even be blamed on slow CMs, but blaming it on free dining is ridiculous.

This. :D

Upvote 0

lebeau

I don't see how free dinning is more of a black eye to Disney then being given room discounts. Money is money whether saved through a room discount or free dinning. It all spends the same.

You're right. Disney should offer fewer discounts.

I find the free dining especially objectionable because it ties into the dining plan which I blame for a lot of problems with food service at WDW.

But ideally, Disney would just adopt reasonable prices and stop constantly offering discounts. Right now they come across like the shady furniture place that always has a "going out of business" sale.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
None of this really has nothing to do with weather or not anyone thinks it will be offered. Can we please discuss weather or not you like or dislike the free dining somewhere else? It's been discussed a zillion times.

Upvote 0

lebeau

None of this really has nothing to do with weather or not anyone thinks it will be offered. Can we please discuss weather or not you like or dislike the free dining somewhere else? It's been discussed a zillion times.

So has the possibility of free dining being offered again. There is a thread asking the exact same question in the dining forum.

If you're just looking for random guessing, yes I think the odds are good that you'll see free dining again. Probably even this year.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
So has the possibility of free dining being offered again. There is a thread asking the exact same question in the dining forum.

If you're just looking for random guessing, yes I think the odds are good that you'll see free dining again. Probably even this year.

That was the point to get a general idea of peoples opinions and some peoples opinions matter a bit more than others because there are people here who have a pretty firm grasp on things Disney is doing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom