Things you never understood about the parks, that maybe somebody can explain

G00fyDad

hyenas.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Are you saying they've never put you in the same row with anybody on any of those DLR rides?
Because they regularly do seat strangers together on each of those rides mentioned. I've been a regular DLR local since 1971.
You either
(1) rarely visit and got extremely, extremely lucky
(2) are lying or
(3) have some kind of issue that cast members don't feel comfortable making other people sit next to.

(I'm hoping you just got ridiculously lucky on an extremely slow day)

Wow, other than #1, that's a presumptive and insulting response. Neither #2 or #3 are correct. I was surprised that on some rides I wasn't put in a row with someone else on the rides at DLR.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That's not how single rider works. When riding in the single rider line, you are put with someone random. You can't ask for a seat by yourself. Same with Rockin and Test Track.

I've used all of the single rider lines, they're great and very useful.

Like I said, hit or miss. Some rides (when there's 3 of us), the 3rd person is in a row by themselves. Sometimes not.

insaneshadow

As a solo traveler at WDW over the last 14 years, I can truthfully say that I have never been put with a stranger on the more "intimate" rides... one to three riders per car, until this past February on 7DMT. I got with a totally, fully engaged fanbois who told me about every thing that was going to happen next and insisted that I sing along with him during the mine part. Hi-hoing all the way up the hill. He kind of made me laugh though. I had never personally seen and adult so involved in a theme park ride before. I sometimes wish that I could let go of my limited dignity long enough to do something like that. I enjoy the rides, I just am not a hoop and holler type.

Of course, the bigger seated rides like PoTC or Soarin are always shared for the most part. I've had CM come up the queue line looking for single riders at Soarin. TT is a given. They aren't going to give me my own car.

That actually sounds pretty neat; at least, it does to me. As someone that's going in September with my family, and then later on in the year on my own, I'd love to run into people like that. When I see people really getting into the atmosphere it kind of let's me unwind more.

brb1006

While I understand about autographs, when did the Disney parks begin having characters sign autographs to various Disney characters and when did this become a thing?

MarkTwain

Why did they close River Country? It was a family favorite.

There's a whole mess of possible answers for that one, but the general consensus seems to have been a variety of factors which happened at once: Blizzard Beach opening, reducing demand for the smaller, older River Country; late 90s/early 2000s health concerns about lake water containing harmful (even deadly) bacteria, and the expense of resolving those issues; and the post-9/11 slowdown which shut down several attractions and hotels (some just temporarily), along with River Country.

Last edited:

orlando678-

There's a whole mess of possible answers for that one, bu the general consensus seems to have been a variety of factors which happened at once: Blizzard Beach opening, reducing demand for the smaller, older Critter Country; late 90s/early 2000s health concerns about lake water containing harmful (even deadly) bacteria, and the expense of resolving those issues; and the post-9/11 slowdown which shut down several attractions and hotels (some just temporarily), along with Critter Country.
That would be River Country :p

Sonconato

I have a question regarding the Peoplemover. At one time, when first entering Space Mountain while riding the Peoplemover, you were able to view the queuing area of Space Mountain. Does anybody know why that was closed off? My guess is that guests were throwing things down onto the queue line.

lazyboy97o

I have a question regarding the Peoplemover. At one time, when first entering Space Mountain while riding the Peoplemover, you were able to view the queuing area of Space Mountain. Does anybody know why that was closed off? My guess is that guests were throwing things down onto the queue line.
To make it darker while riding Space Mountain.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Space Mountain was "re-imagined" several years back to make it darker inside which meant covering the queue (and making it impossible for those waiting in line to see the track, even when the lights come on.) The resulting darkness affects the Peoplemover. There have always been high plexiglass walls on the right side of the Peoplemover inside Space Mountain, so anything thrown from a Peoplemover car would never have landed on guests below.

The Empress Lilly

That wouldn't stop guests from trying, however.
No it doesn't! Me and @George sneaked an office chair onto the PeopleMover and tried to throw it into Space Mountain to protest bureaucracy eating into NASA's space exploration budget. Inside Space we tossed it out of our car, but it hit that glass and bounced straight back! Neither of us had ever even noticed there was plexiglass there! The chair bounced back on the PeopleMover tracks, but fortunately it had a steel frame, so magnetic. So it was simply propelled forward as if it were a set of cars! George now got out and continued the ride on the office chair, waving at people below. Boy were the CM's at unload surprised!

mergatroid

Original Poster
Right, we visited the muppets this last visit and noticed the pre-show had changed slightly by adding an evil Kermit story line. Can anone explain why they did this, what it added and how are we to make sense of it? We were expecting something to be added at the end of the show to round it all up but there was zip, nothing and it left me bewildered and riled :mad:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Right, we visited the muppets this last visit and noticed the pre-show had changed slightly by adding an evil Kermit story line. Can anone explain why they did this, what it added and how are we to make sense of it? We were expecting something to be added at the end of the show to round it all up but there was zip, nothing and it left me bewildered and riled :mad:
It is a tie-in to the Muppets: Most Wanted movie. Guess the powers that be thought the pre-show needed a refresh. I thought it was fine just as it was :bawling:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom