Things you never understood about the parks, that maybe somebody can explain

danyoung56

As others have said, the World Showcase is "open" earlier than 11 as you are free to walk around.

I'm not sure this is correct. It was my understanding that they had the entire World Showcase roped off, and CMs would direct you into Futureworld. The only area of WS that would be open would be from Britain to Canada, to allow folks entering from the International Gateway to walk up to Futureworld. I could be wrong, though . . . . .

I'm not sure this is correct. It was my understanding that they had the entire World Showcase roped off, and CMs would direct you into Futureworld. The only area of WS that would be open would be from Britain to Canada, to allow folks entering from the International Gateway to walk up to Futureworld. I could be wrong, though . . . . .

I've personally never experienced a rope and I've always been able to walk around before 11 AM but I've only tried during off peak seasons. It's totally possible they rope off during certain parts of the year.

Tom P.

I've personally never experienced a rope and I've always been able to walk around before 11 AM but I've only tried during off peak seasons. It's totally possible they rope off during certain parts of the year.
I listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast (are we allowed to say that here?) and they have made mention of being in Epcot before 11 am and having World Showcase roped off. I suppose it could be a hit-or-miss kinda thing depending on what's going on, but some people have definitely had that experience.

mergatroid

Original Poster

This October we walked into World Showcase around 10:40am and saw no rope then. However nothing opened there till 11am. We actually were sat in the UK pavilion at 10:55am as the cast started coming out and got ready for the signal to unlock the shop doors there.

Clamman73

I listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast (are we allowed to say that here?) and they have made mention of being in Epcot before 11 am and having World Showcase roped off. I suppose it could be a hit-or-miss kinda thing depending on what's going on, but some people have definitely had that experience.
I thought if you go left, you can walk up before 11am to around the Norway just before China area when Maelstrom was open. Not sure at this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom