Things you never understood about the parks, that maybe somebody can explain

mergatroid

Original Poster
It is a tie-in to the Muppets: Most Wanted movie. Guess the powers that be thought the pre-show needed a refresh. I thought it was fine just as it was :bawling:

Ah, well thanks for that. Had no idea there even was a new muppets movie out so that wasn't very successful was it :).

mergatroid

Original Poster
It was released in theaters in March 2014 and on DVD in August 2014. And yeah, not a huge success.

We live in the UK and tomorrow a brand new series of the muppets starts on Sky tv (a cable network over here). The previews look ok, however it 'feels' very different to the original but we'll give it a try.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We live in the UK and tomorrow a brand new series of the muppets starts on Sky tv (a cable network over here). The previews look ok, however it 'feels' very different to the original but we'll give it a try.
It has aired about 5 episodes here in the U.S. It is kind of a documentary/comedy, a la "The Office." Some of the bits have been pretty darn funny.

mergatroid

Original Poster
It has aired about 5 episodes here in the U.S. It is kind of a documentary/comedy, a la "The Office." Some of the bits have been pretty darn funny.

Thought exactly that when I saw the clips. Love 'The Office' (both UK and US versions) so will look forward to this, thanks for the heads up.

DfromATX

If it is over 85 degrees and packed - why do they insist on not turning on overhead fans? Worst, what has happened to the flow of ice hold air in 90+ degree heat. The emporium (for example) is not a cool place anymore.

^^^This! I hate to say it, but "at Universal"... they had many cool mist fans AND shade. It was so nice! The HP ride even had a drink station midway in the line. I remember on our last trip, the line for Rockin' Roller Coaster was pretty long and OMG... no fans, mist, nothing... it was pretty miserable.

jloucks

I'm probably not your average guest, but I accept lines as a part of the theme park experience. There are so many things that I (and whole families) can do to pass the time, and I'd much rather see that money be invested elsewhere.

Well, there are lines, and then there are LINES. I am ok with the prior, not ok with the latter. My life is too short to pay big money to stand in monster lines.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Why is the Tomorrowland Noodle Station never, ever, open when we go? Just put one or two cm's on duty if it's not that busy and even then it would be impossible for it to at least not 'break even' money-wise surely?

Was shut every time we visited over three weeks recently. Unfortunately I'm never going to eat there am I :banghead:

danyoung56

It is a tie-in to the Muppets: Most Wanted movie. Guess the powers that be thought the pre-show needed a refresh. I thought it was fine just as it was :bawling:

I'm fairly angry that they continue to use this version. As evidenced here, most folks don't even know who Constantine is, not to mention why he's interrupting the queue video. It should be very easy to go back to the original version. Why they haven't done so is a mystery to me.

thomas998

I believe that's a money saving exercise. I think a vast majority of people do Future World first and so there were too few visiting World Showcase before then for Disney to 'justify' paying cm's to be there that early?
I always thought it was because the majority of the world showcase places were restaurants that they didn't open until lunch time because of that. If they had rides or other attractions I could see them opening sooner but with mostly food why would they?

thomas998

Hello,
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why must all buses to Disney Springs/Downtown Disney have to leave from a resort and not any of the parks, especially with all the new openings at Disney Springs (restaurants and shops)?
For example, to get from Animal Kingdom, we bus to the AKL, and change to a DD bus. (resort-attraction, not attraction to attraction)
Thanks, and Ch-Ears!
Bill
I think it is/was done that way to keep people from parking for free at Downtown Disney and using buses to get to the parks and back. Why pay 20 bucks to park if you can park for free and just hop on a bus that gets you there about as quick as the ferry boat.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think it is/was done that way to keep people from parking for free at Downtown Disney and using buses to get to the parks and back. Why pay 20 bucks to park if you can park for free and just hop on a bus that gets you there about as quick as the ferry boat.

Busses did have a direct access from Park-to-DTD up until 2003 when Disney Figured it out and discontinued it...It did come back briefly at AK a few months ago as a test run. But, it has stopped.

thomas998

Busses did have a direct access from Park-to-DTD up until 2003 when Disney Figured it out and discontinued it...It did come back briefly at AK a few months ago as a test run. But, it has stopped.
That shows you how quickly word gets out on ways to game the system at Disney. A reason I don't ever talk about the one loophole they haven't closed yet for parking... If I mention it, it would probably get fixed very quickly.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I always thought it was because the majority of the world showcase places were restaurants that they didn't open until lunch time because of that. If they had rides or other attractions I could see them opening sooner but with mostly food why would they?

Well when we visit for instance we sometimes just visit World Showcase, it would be nice to be able to go at 9am and visit it. Also there's two rides and several shows in various countries so it's not just about food for me.

thomas998

Well when we visit for instance we sometimes just visit World Showcase, it would be nice to be able to go at 9am and visit it. Also there's two rides and several shows in various countries so it's not just about food for me.
Probably not just about the food for others as well... But they probably did a survey at some point long ago and decided that according to their marketing research they wouldn't make money opening earlier. In the end the bottom line dictates about everything Disney does. If they thought they would make money opening at 3:00am they would do it... So 11:00am is likely the optimum start time to maximize profits.

danyoung56

I would guess that they discovered that, with a park opening at 9am, there just weren't enough people wandering up to the World Showcase to warrant the hundreds of employees needed to run it.

MalMeansBad

I don't get why they don't put more interactive queues. Everyone loves them and wouldn't complain about lines as much.
In my personal opinion, they do help with boredom, but have a tendency to clog up the line and cause disputes. Since they put in the Mansion, Little Mermaid, and Pan queues I have been many times, and each time there is an interactive spot where people refuse to move forward with the line. Then when you go by them, they get angry for "cutting." Actually one of the worst I've seen is in Space Mt. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten stuck behind groups that want to to play the game instead of moving forward in line.

From what I've heard, they are working on making more of the queues interactive.

As others have said, the World Showcase is "open" earlier than 11 as you are free to walk around. In my personal experience, some stores and eateries do open a little earlier than posted. I've been able to have breakfast at the QSR in France around 10:15 am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom