Stevek

Tiki Room
Matterhorn
All of Fantasyland
Pirates
Mansion
All of Main Street
It's a Small World

All things that are integral to the Disneyland experience. Despite the changes that have occurred, Disneyland still has that feel it did 40+ years ago when I first visited. Yes, even New Orleans square which unlike many here, I think still looks great. Of course the park is not without it's flaws with the biggest culprit being Tomorrowland. Restore that vision or create something that is truly visionary.

ran6110

The idea of boycotting Disneyland is an odd one to me. If the parks end up not being fun to me at some point in the future, I'll quit going but not because of any attitude that I'm disgusted that they dare not cater to my every whim. I'll simply move on to something else. I save boycotting for truly deserving instances. Like companies being actively anti gay or racist. Not because Disneyland chose to go a way I'm not happy with.

After giving this post a lot of thought (no really, a lot) I realize that Disney to some extent counts on people accepting the changes whether they are good or bad. The good thing is that when something bad comes along they are generally quick to replace it, Luigi's Tires comes to mind.

Overtime there are big changes and a lot of people say they are not going to renew their AP's or vacation somewhere else but it seems to me that even if they do they come back in to the fold eventually but most just continue on and start complaining again at the next change they don't like.

I remember when they announced all of the rides that would close right after they announced the Star Wars changes, this was right after a price increase. Some Disney executive was being interviewed and he was asked if it would hurt attendance. This executive said it wouldn't because people would always come no matter what. He's right, the tickets and costs would really, really have to skyrocket before many of us die-hard fans quit going...

D

Deleted member 107043

The thing is people bemoan changes and say Disney doesn't care about its history, yet attendance continues to soar with each change while no other theme park company is as steadfast and mindful of its legacy. No, I don't approve everything they do, but you've got to be incredibly uncompromising to not realize that they're obviously doing something right with the impressive popularity and loyalty their parks continue to have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom