Things we (really) care about

Curious Constance

And you're insensitive to the feelings of others. A few of us express our disappointment regarding the situation at River Belle, and you make a comment suggesting we just eat at Stage Door Cafe. Really?

Not sure what thinking logically has anything to do with the subject. I said it was fine you don't think the way I think, and now I'm an elitist. Okay.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there are different levels of fandom. There are casual fans and what people call "super-fans." Be honest, based on the conversations we've had, would you say I'm an extremist, that I take things seriously? Some of us are obviously passionate super-fans, and if you feel that makes me seem entitled, then oh, well. I refuse to apologize for the way I feel towards the park. If you think I'm entitled, go ahead and use that ignore option, as I'm not going to stop making comments regarding how I feel towards the subject, whether they come off as extremist or not.
I didn't say eat at the Stage Door Cafe, I was posting something I had read in the hopes that it would be helpful for anyone upset about the River Belle closing. What I meant was, the River Belle seating area CLOSEST to the Stage Door is still open to anyone. Only the dining area to the right (when facing the restaurant) is roped off.

dweezil78

Thanks for reiterating what I said. I expressed disappointment, not sure what the point of you quoting that post was for.

Pretty sure claiming you're 'disgusted' and requesting people be fired over the last of a quick-serve restaurant far surpasses being disappointed. I even checked to make sure you weren't serious, but you made it clear you were. So not really sure what to say here...

dweezil78

Are there any Disney attractions that you would boycott the resort, if not the whole company, if it/they were removed?

Of course not. I'd be devastated if they removed Pirates or Mansion and pretty bummed to lose IASW. Just about everything else is fair game IMO. But boycott the resort? The only way I'd consider boycotting the resort is if they decided to be the first-ever racist/bigoted theme park, went out of their way to treat their guests rudely, and started poisoning their food with intent to harm everyone.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I didn't say eat at the Stage Door Cafe, I was posting something I had read in the hopes that it would be helpful for anyone upset about the River Belle closing. What I meant was, the River Belle seating area CLOSEST to the Stage Door is still open to anyone. Only the dining area to the right (when facing the restaurant) is roped off.

You said the dining area closest to the Stage Door Cafe was still open, as we can just eat the pancakes there all we want. That is still insensitive, and you missed the entire principal of the matter, and your comment was rude. We're talking about our family traditions of getting pancakes at River Belle and eating them at the restaurant, and we get responses like "you're being over the top," "sit at Stage Door Cafe and eat there," etc. Like I said, insensitive.

Let's get back to this whole entitled thing, because I've seen you and others keep saying the same thing over and over again, since we're talking about repetition. You admitted there's nothing at Disneyland that matters to the point where you'd boycott. Some of us are the exact opposite. How are we not two different types of fans, and how are now entitled and elitists for choosing to boycott over what we feel is wrong?

Pretty sure claiming you're 'disgusted' and requesting people be fired over the last of a quick-serve restaurant far surpasses being disappointed. I even checked to make sure you weren't serious, but you made it clear you were. So not really sure what to say here...

Okay, so I was VERY disappointed. So? Are we not allowed to be greatly disappointed over some of the choices Disney makes?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
This may seem insignificant by comparison to other changes we have faced, but I was sad to see the Robinson family get evicted from their tropical hideaway in exchange for Tarzan, a film I thought to be one of Disney's most forgettable. Adventureland seems like it should focus more on live action stories, and leave animation for Fantasyland and other areas. But that is just me.

I would be all for the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse coming back.

Donaldfan1934

Of course not. I'd be devastated if they removed Pirates or Mansion and pretty bummed to lose IASW. Just about everything else is fair game IMO. But boycott the resort? The only way I'd consider boycotting the resort is if they decided to be the first-ever racist/bigoted theme park, went out of their way to treat their guests rudely, and started poisoning their food with intent to harm everyone.
I think that you would have far less interest for going to the park if they closed those rides. Also, why would people only boycott in extreme situations? Its completely rational, but come on. You're Disney interest would be somewhat depleted after they closed two or three of your favorite attractions.

VJ

"Of course this makes good business sense, but Universal has a better reason for doing this: they are just much nicer than Disney. They are a company that doesn’t care about money, unlike the greedy and power-hungry Disney, who charges $4 more for a one-day park pass than Universal. Now Disney, as usual, will have to scramble to keep up with Universal, a park whose innovation and charm and beauty and customer service have been better than Disney since Our Beloved Walt passed on from this earthly plane. Universal should be congratulated for essentially letting guests into their parks for free, while Disney continues to gouge their customers because they legitimately hate guests."

*giggle*
I'm 3-4 pages late but I officially love this blog.

George Lucas on a Bench

This may seem insignificant by comparison to other changes we have faced, but I was sad to see the Robinson family get evicted from their tropical hideaway in exchange for Tarzan, a film I thought to be one of Disney's most forgettable. Adventureland seems like it should focus more on live action stories, and leave animation for Fantasyland and other areas. But that is just me.

While I think the treehouse is still awesome, I agree. Cartoons are out of place in most of the lands at DL.

dweezil78

I think that you would have far less interest for going to the park if they closed those rides. Also, why would people only boycott in extreme situations? Its completely rational, but come on.

I don't know... because I'm a grown adult? There's a pretty significant difference between having less interest in the park if all my favorite attractions were removed and boycotting a company. Even if that worst case scenario ever happened, which it never would, I'm pretty certain I'd still find something to enjoy at Disneyland.

Curious Constance

You said the dining area closest to the Stage Door Cafe was still open, as we can just eat the pancakes there all we want. That is still insensitive, and you missed the entire principal of the matter, and your comment was rude. We're talking about our family traditions of getting pancakes at River Belle and eating them at the restaurant, and we get responses like "you're being over the top," "sit at Stage Door Cafe and eat there," etc. Like I said, insensitive.

Let's get back to this whole entitled thing, because I've seen you and others keep saying the same thing over and over again, since we're talking about repetition. You admitted there's nothing at Disneyland that matters to the point where you'd boycott. Some of us are the exact opposite. How are we not two different types of fans, and how are now entitled and elitists for choosing to boycott over what we feel is wrong?

Okay, so I was VERY disappointed. So? Are we not allowed to be greatly disappointed over some of the choices Disney makes?
Geez, I didn't say sit at the Stage Door Cafe. River Belle has TWO dining areas outside. One to the left and one to the right. The right one is blocked off unless you get food there at lunch/dinner. The LEFT side is still open all day to anyone who would like to sit there. So you can still sit at the River Belle if you want to and eat whatever sounds delicious to you, or you can sit and do whatever your heart desires.
And you keep misunderstanding my ability to have rational priorites for a lack of love for Disneyland. I don't know how else to explain that someone can really care about something, but still realize that there are bigger things in life, and if a single change is made, it's not time to start threatening or boycotting. Because really, I'm one person, with one set of loves/dislikes about the place. Why are mine any more valid then the next persons?
So when you say Disney likes to ruin traditions, that's silly to me. It's your tradition, maybe shared by lots of people, but why are your traditions the only ones that Disney needs to uphold? Otherwise they are ruining traditions?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Geez, I didn't say sit at the Stage Door Cafe. River Belle has TWO dining areas outside. One to the left and one to the right. The right one is blocked off unless you get food there at lunch/dinner. The LEFT side is still open all day to anyone who would like to sit there. So you can still sit at the River Belle if you want to and eat whatever sounds delicious to you, or you can sit and do whatever your heart desires.
And you keep misunderstanding my ability to have rational priorites for a lack of love for Disneyland. I don't know how else to explain that someone can really care about something, but still realize that there are bigger things in life, and if a single change is made, it's not time to start threatening or boycotting. Because really, I'm one person, with one set of loves/dislikes about the place. Why are mine any more valid then the next persons?
So when you say Disney likes to ruin traditions, that's silly to me. It's your tradition, maybe shared by lots of people, but why are your traditions the only ones that Disney needs to uphold? Otherwise they are ruining traditions?

You did. You said the seating at Stage Door Cafe was still open, we "can take our pancakes there and them all you want." You missed the principle of the matter. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Why do you care if we'd boycott Disneyland or not? I'm not berating you for choosing not to boycott the park for any reason. There won't be a time for YOU to boycott, but for those of us who care enough, there possibly will be a time. People boycott many different things, even things YOU may not find important.

I didn't say you didn't love the park. We are different types of fans, THAT'S what I insinuated. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yep, I sure did say Disney likes to ruin traditions, and I stand by that. The specific ones I mentioned were general, park-wide traditions. That's fine you find it silly, but again, why do care if that's my opinion? You're all for Star Wars Land, but you don't see me bothering and berating you for how you feel, even though I have the opposite opinion. You did the same thing in that thread, telling me my opinion didn't matter because it wouldn't change anything. I express disappointment about River Belle, and you tell me I'm being over the top. Like sheesh, can I express how I feel/my opinion without you making comments like that?

Princess Kaylee

A conversation that should not be taking place in a trip report thread (sorry about that, @WondersOfLife!) deserves its own thread, so here it is.

What are some of the traditions/attractions/little things, etc. you care about at Disneyland? Two were already mentioned in that thread:

-making sure The Enchanted Tiki Room stays the way it is
-eating pancakes at River Belle (an option that unfortunately no longer exists)

I care about many things concerning Disneyland. One of them includes getting Tomorrowland back to its original roots and concept. I can't stand it the way it is now, and the Star Wars overlay just makes everything worse.

Feel free to comment.

I care about the classic rides and rides that are different at WDW. Pirates is much better at DL, I also love Indiana Jones. I also love Goofys Kitchen and the Alice In Wonderland Ride. You also can't forget the parades.

Curious Constance

I care about the classic rides and rides that are different at WDW. Pirates is much better at DL, I also love Indiana Jones. I also love Goofys Kitchen and the Alice In Wonderland Ride. You also can't forget the parades.
We love Goofy's Kitchen. The food is pretty good. The only thing I think sucks is they no longer have face characters there. It's just the general five characters you see all the time. Chip, Dale, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto.

Stevek

I just came across this blog and thought of some of you. :)
https://disneyjusticewarrior.wordpress.com/
I personally think this is one of the worst Disney blogs I've ever read. The over the top negativity makes it impossible to take even a single bit seriously. It represents the absolute worst of the worst of Disney fandom. If it is indeed satirical, hard to tell as there are many fans out there that are very much like the author.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom