Things Walt wouldn't have approved of

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
ryguy said:
Are Kids allowed in Club 33? I have a feeling it was designed for adults, not children. Another question: why isn't alcohol served in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom?
There is a waiting list generations long to get a membership to Club 33. At that, then you have to make a reservation to go. Most members get in once a year, if they are lucky.

I dont think kids are allowed in Club 33.

For those who do not know, Club 33 is next door to the Blue Bayou resteraunt.

wannab@dis

bigcarolina77 said:
wannabe@dis...Why don't you think that Walt sold alcohol at Disneyland from the beginning since it's obviously such a shrewd business move and since Walt was about making money at all costs?
Go back and read my posts... you're not comprehending what I'm saying.

Times change... Business changes... If Walt was alive today, I bet MK would be selling beer at the restaurants. ;)

I seriously doubt the MK and Disneyland would be selling alcohol today if Walt were alive today anymore than they'd be selling cigarettes, lottery tickets, adult mags/videos and anything else that's not compatible with a family atmosphere. Main Street USA ain't Bourbon Street thank God.

Enderikari

bigcarolina77 said:
I seriously doubt the MK and Disneyland would be selling alcohol today if Walt were alive today anymore than they'd be selling cigarettes, lottery tickets, adult mags/videos and anything else that's not compatible with a family atmosphere. Main Street USA ain't Bourbon Street thank God.

Right... MK and Disneyland are not selling alcohol... so what's the problem?

Enderikari

I find these types of questions to be at best, frivolous; at worst, inciendiery...

As people can plainly see from these posts, people are not writing what they think Walt wouldn't have liked... They are writing what THEY don't like and trying to use Walt to back it up... No real credence in the real world, its almost as if they are speaking ex cathedra out of their belly button

wannab@dis

Enderikari said:
I find these types of questions to be at best, frivolous; at worst, inciendiery...

As people can plainly see from these posts, people are not writing what they think Walt wouldn't have liked... They are writing what THEY don't like and trying to use Walt to back it up... No real credence in the real world, its almost as if they are speaking ex cathedra out of their belly button
Exactly! :wave:

Enderikari

Right, because spending 7.4 billion dollars on Pixar wasn't enough of showing he's got brass ones, no.. he needs to make YOU happy and put out a movie that the public is clamoring for...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wannab@dis

bigcarolina77 said:
Well...Walt did like "Song of the South". That's a fact. Maybe Iger will gow a pair and put it on DVD.
Some people consider "Song of the South" racist (I personally don't)... So, based on your posts... it's ok to sell alleged racist material, but not alcohol? :hammer:

WDWFREAK53

Ya know...this whole "EPCOT" community thing got me thinking...

Walt Disney's vision for EPCOT was a community to "work, live, and play"

If you're a CPer...

Don't you work, live, and play in WDW?

MartyMouse

bigcarolina77 said:
The "cheapness" of some of the recent additions...
1. The carnival portion of Dinoland
2. Gutting of Tomorrowland and the transformation into Pixarland or Fantsyland East
3. The "new" Tiki Room
4. Toontown Fair
5. Letting EPCOT crumble before doing something about it
6. Glut of meet and greets...especially in the MK
7. Loss of originality...too many clones of rides from other parks and too much effort into everything having to have a movie tie-in
8. Booze at WDW
9. Replacing classic rides with crap like Pooh's Playful Spot and Alien Encounter/Stitch
10. And last but not least...not letting a new generation experience "Song of the South" because of some political correctness fear crap!

1. Didn’t Disneyland open with a Circus themed area? I think Walt would say the themeing is just fine in Dinoland, in fact I bet the only difference is Walt would do it bigger.
2. You’re right about the death of Tomorrowland. However Walt would be the first one to promote his movies any way he could.
3. Walt would appreciate keeping old attractions up-to-date.
4. Yeah Toontown Fair sucks and I think Walt would have my back on that one.
5. Walt would never let anything crumble.
6. He would be ok with all the characters if they blended into the show and were not held out with lines and such.
7. He would understand the need to clone from one park to the next.
8. He would be ok with as long as they keep it out of the Magic Kingdom (however I don’t like it).
9. One man’s crap is another mans ….
10. You’re right about this one.

But again none of us knows what the man would think. But I do know that Walt Disney World is not the way he wanted it to be.

bullitt05

ryguy said:
Are Kids allowed in Club 33? I have a feeling it was designed for adults, not children. Another question: why isn't alcohol served in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom?

Yes. Children are, indeed, allowed in Club 33.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom