Things non-disney people think is weird

disney1077

I hate when people tell me that disney world is just for kids. Or when I tell people I am going they say again, are you not tired of going to the same place? It is so annoying they just dont understand the magic of disney world. All I know is I cant wait till my vacation this summer and I know there is no other place I rather be.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

MousDad

Well when you think about it it is kind of like a cult. We have uniforms (various Disney apparel), a holy land, a iconic leader (Mickey), and it sucks away our entire lives and the majority of our money.:lol:

Don't forget our own hymnody and varying denominations.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Most of my friends tend to think since I love Disney World that I love Mickey Mouse. I dont really like or dislike him. He just really has no bearing on my love for WDW.

The single thing I hate the most if when people think its all for kids.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
That is awesome! Can I come over?!:lol:

I make Mickey Waffles on Saturdays....or Mickey pancakes, feel free to stop by...!!!!!

And may I say that just the smell of maple Syrup, reminds me of breakfast(such as dining at dining hall at POR or perhaps Chef Mickey's) At Disney, How Pathetic is that???......I am so Sad!!!!!

Scooter

My bar buddies can't understand how I am willing to pay $600+ a night for a resort room (Poynesian Concierge) and it doesn't include a Hooker.:eek::lol:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
As of this evening the hubby did say I am worse than him over our love For disney....This after me looking at his dish at a chili's restaurant and me saying "hay look it's a mickey head ", as i was pointing to the sour cream on his plate.....I looked at him and laughed ....He just shook his head and said "Yeah your definatly worse than me"....Maybe it had something to do with that Margarita I had to....LOL.....Nothing like the ones in Mexico at Epcot....Although they are much cheaper at Chili's....:)

pintraderpayee

DH and I taking a school bus load of our teenaged students 930 miles every Easter Break. Makes perfect sense to me....25-30 more Mouse Cult members every year:ROFLOL:

21 more days:sohappy:

hrcollectibles

When I was managing my store I would play Disney Music all Day( through a website) I found it made for a happier environment. Then we got a General Manager who was/is not a fan of ANYTHING the Disney Company does. He said they were evil and blocked the website. Ugh... Good thing I no Longer Work there

Anyways here are a few things that my Non Disney Friends say

Why do you spend every three day weekend/vacation in Orlando. Don't you get Bored?

Disney is So expensive. (What they say)

Why do you have the entire disney music library on your ipod?
Disney is Just for Kids or People with kids

Well being a single traveler with no kids and no need to buy souvenirs. So it is relatively not that expensive.

hrcollectibles

Well when you think about it it is kind of like a cult. We have uniforms (various Disney apparel), a holy land, a iconic leader (Mickey), and it sucks away our entire lives and the majority of our money.:lol:

I like this cult.. Cna we get snuggies with mickey on them... They look perfect for a Disney Cult...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am a teacher by day (and Disney freak by night) and in my school we get to dress down on Fridays. Well, Fridays for me have officially become Disney Shirt Friday. Every week I wear a different one of my Disney theme park related shirts, many of which are retro EPCOT. (and often accompanied by some kind of Disney hair accessory) My co-workers initially thought I was nuts and would make various comments every Friday morning. Half way through the school year I seem to have worn them down though. Now I am just met with groans and eye rolling every week as I pull into the parking lot blasting Disney theme park music and wearing my Disney apparel. :shrug:

Please pass the kool-aid...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
My bar buddies can't understand how I am willing to pay $600+ a night for a resort room (Poynesian Concierge) and it doesn't include a Hooker.:eek::lol:

That would be something...Getting off the bus and seeing a bunch of hookers standing at the stops just-a-waitin':drevil:

pintraderpayee

I am a teacher by day (and Disney freak by night) and in my school we get to dress down on Fridays. Well, Fridays for me have officially become Disney Shirt Friday. Every week I wear a different one of my Disney theme park related shirts, many of which are retro EPCOT. (and often accompanied by some kind of Disney hair accessory) My co-workers initially thought I was nuts and would make various comments every Friday morning. Half way through the school year I seem to have worn them down though. Now I am just met with groans and eye rolling every week as I pull into the parking lot blasting Disney theme park music and wearing my Disney apparel. :shrug:

Please pass the kool-aid...
:lol: I deal with the eye-rolling, too! I have a different Disney pin on everyday to match various school shirts. I'm in my 5th year at my present school so I'm just viewed as the knowledgeable, harmless WDW nut. However, when the eye-rollers want to know about how to organize a "kickin" field trip or how to plan their "We're-taking-our-children-to-WDW" vacation, they come to me on the sly. I love it!
What flavor is the kool-aid?:D

20 more days:sohappy:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
:lol: I deal with the eye-rolling, too! I have a different Disney pin on everyday to match various school shirts. I'm in my 5th year at my present school so I'm just viewed as the knowledgeable, harmless WDW nut. However, when the eye-rollers want to know about how to organize a "kickin" field trip or how to plan their "We're-taking-our-children-to-WDW" vacation, they come to me on the sly. I love it!
What flavor is the kool-aid?:D

20 more days:sohappy:

It is amazing how you are basically a disneynut-job for those who don't get it, but when those people are either going because "welll we figured we have to(sigh ) take their kids some time or other" and they ask you about different vacation tips and such because you are a disneynut....see we are good for some things!!!..Then we are not so nutty!!

weluvtink

Anything I do everyone thinks is weird.
:shrug:

I hear ya.
I don't ask why people get season tickets to baseball games. Why do they need to know why I have a Mickey tattoo?
There are other places I want to visit but when the time comes to plan a vacation I always choose WDW. It's my happy place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom