Things I'll Never Do At Disney Again............

caseybrn

BOG was amazing with the location. The food was good in my opinion but either/or.....you're going for the castle and the Beast if its a dinner reservation

GVentola

I am reading so many bad things about BOG on here and am even more apprehensive of it than before! LoL I know the breakfast menu looked sort of underwhelming to me, but is the food that bad? I'll be honest, my GF and I are mainly going there just to experience the inside and enjoy the decor and theming. We have super low expectations for the breakfast food after hearing so many negative things about it. If there is one plus besides the ambiance, I guess it is that we have an 8am reservation so will already be in the park once we are done eating bfast.

Just curious what your thoughts were on it and what made it the worst meal you've had in the park(s?).

I'm a fussy eater and do better with Chicken McNuggets than French food. I somehow snagged a reservation to BOG for supper. I was seated in the ballroom. The atmosphere was cool and I'm glad I got to experience it, but they had no chicken on the menu. Nothing looked like something I'd be safe with. I ordered the Cornish Game Hen, thinking that would be like chicken, but ended up hardly eating any of it at all. I did like the soup I had before that. I see now that they've put chicken on the menu, but I'm in no rush to try getting reservations for that place at supper again! I would like to try eating lunch there sometime, but am not doing anything to accomplish this goal right now.

My parents and I ate breakfast there once. I thought my meal was very good, but my Mom was unimpressed. But seriously, it's so easy for restaurants to disappoint her. We were seated in the gallery, which wasn't as magical as the ballroom, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I am Timmy

I am reading so many bad things about BOG on here and am even more apprehensive of it than before! LoL I know the breakfast menu looked sort of underwhelming to me, but is the food that bad? I'll be honest, my GF and I are mainly going there just to experience the inside and enjoy the decor and theming. We have super low expectations for the breakfast food after hearing so many negative things about it. If there is one plus besides the ambiance, I guess it is that we have an 8am reservation so will already be in the park once we are done eating bfast.

Just curious what your thoughts were on it and what made it the worst meal you've had in the park(s?).
We always go for lunch, and it ain't for the food! Ok, the lunch food is ok (not so much for the price, though). I always get a turkey sandwich, and I eat some of it. But we have been going a lot during the holidays, and BatB is my favorite animated Dis movie. The forever snowing windows at the back of the ballroom are my obsession - and they put a decorated christmas tree in the middle of that for the holidays. Are you kidding me? The epitome of glorious festiveness in Beast's castle? By windows where the snow is falling 24/7? Yeah............ That's my jam.

spock8113

Intentionally:
Be Our Guest Dining (I hope you can handle the truth and limited menu loaded with capers)
Cinderella's Royal Table
Wait longer than 2 minutes Navi River

pssssstttt..........all breakfast menus are basically the same........ssshhhh!:bookworm:

Unintentionally:
Horizons
World of Motion
The Original Figmond
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
20,000 Leagues
The Original Test Track
(Put 'em all back up in Retro-Disney©)

1) eat at Hollywood and vine
2) do the first showing of fantasmic (always go to the 2nd a bit quieter)
3) on MNSSHP first parade (always do 2nd)
4) eat at the Germany Epcot restaurant, (communal tables- not into that)
5) "ill wait and buy this merchandise item later" ( I guarantee you it wont be there lol - if you like it and want it .... buy it!)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

CaptainAmerica

Cold food, no seasoning, small portions, slow service, confusing ordering process, and outrageous prices. The ONLY chance I'd go back is if I were on the dining plan (which I generally don't like) and I was able to get an 8:00 reservation on a 9:00 park opening day. But I'd be paying for early access to the park, not for the breakfast itself.

BOG was amazing with the location. The food was good in my opinion but either/or.....you're going for the castle and the Beast if its a dinner reservation
You can't really review BOG in general, lumping all meals in with one another. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are vastly different experiences.

Breakfast: F-, the worst thing about Walt Disney World. Worse than Chester and Hester's Dino-rama.
Lunch: B+, delicious but expensive.
Dinner: B+, but inconsistent. I've had A+ dinners and C- dinners.

juniorthomas

The funny thing is I was fine when I got off of Mission:Space. I then thought maybe we should go on a relaxing
ride. I went on Spaceship Earth. Unfortunately, the ride stopped and a combination of the smell from the burning
of Rome, with everything else..... I imagine I am probably one of the only people to be sick on Spaceship Earth. :D
If only Nero had done his job better, perhaps that portion of the ride would be free of smoky bacon scent and you've have made it though.

Princess Leia

• Be Our Guest for lunch- I know I shouldn't complain about portion sizes, but I felt like my entire plate was just over-salted fries, and I kind of wish I just went to Skipper Canteen instead
  • Wait for my friends if they're not ready to go by 8:00 (or whatever an hour before the park's opening is). I'm just going to be out the door and in a bus line
  • stay at an All-Star resort. I had a nice experience at Pop though.
  • Dinner reservations after 8 or 9. I've found that I'm too tired or on too much of an adrenaline rush
  • wear running shoes that are 2 years old (unless I find someone to carry me around in a rickshaw or something)
  • Go to Orlando in the summer. Never again.

bsiev1977

1. Stay on Disney property (transportation is horrendous) meal plans not worth it, and facilitate is aging out.
2. Animal kingdom Two rides that are possibly worth 30 minutes of your time takes 6 hours the rest of the Park is olde news.
3. Magic Kingdom is no longer magical. It is dirty trashy with long lines and equipment failures big disappointment.
4. Hollywood Studios just two rides that are worthy but long lines as this is the only thing to do in this park. Really sad.
5. Epcot nothing new. Just a lot of concrete with little interest
Good. Find another vacation spot that makes you happy. I wish a lot more of the people that post on here that seem to be miserable and negative about the parks would stop coming also.

Incomudro

Eat at Brown Derby.
We found it to be ridiculously over priced, and not nearly as good as it should have been - considering that price.

KBLovedDisney

Please don't hate, but ToT.

I can't do drops like that :cry: and it sucks because the ride is so freakin well themed! Like regular roller coaster with expectant hill drops/loops/corkscrews are fine, but I can't do just sudden drops.

GoofyCathy

Ride Space Mountain again
Swear I am finished with Space Mountain.
Simply look at Space Mountain
Wander near Space Mountain
Get sucked into riding Space Mountain
Exit Space Mountain wondering why, when I swore I was finished with it, I rode it again.
Rinse lather repeat....

Swear I am finished with Rock-n-roll roller coaster.
Simply Look at Rock-n-roll roller coaster
Wander near Rock-n-roll roller coaster
See that the stand by line is 4 months long
Give up, leave DHS and Wander near Space Mountain...

The one thing I am truly done with is PrimEVIL Whirl. How that rat trap is street legal I'll never know. One and done for me. My Orthopedic Surgeon said I could ride it because he needs those co-pays for the office visits.

~NM
I love Primeval Whirl!

wendysue

Ride Space Mountain again
Simply look at Space Mountain
Wander near Space Mountain
Get sucked into riding Space Mountain
Exit Space Mountain wondering why, when I swore I was finished with it, I rode it again.
Rinse lather repeat....

Swear I am finished with Rock-n-roll roller coaster.
Simply Look at Rock-n-roll roller coaster
Wander near Rock-n-roll roller coaster
See that the stand by line is 4 months long
Give up, leave DHS and Wander near Space Mountain...

The one thing I am truly done with is PrimEVIL Whirl. How that rat trap is street legal I'll never know. One and done for me. My Orthopedic Surgeon said I could ride it because he needs those co-pays for the office visits.

~NM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Minnesota disney fan

Can't help you with breakfast at BOG. However, we have eaten there several times for lunch and had very good meals. We think the trip to BOG just for the ambience alone would do it:) It's a fun place to eat with your choice of different rooms. Our food has always been good and the service was great. So we are one of ones who love BOG and absolutely eat there each trip.

crxbrett

Can't help you with breakfast at BOG. However, we have eaten there several times for lunch and had very good meals. We think the trip to BOG just for the ambience alone would do it:) It's a fun place to eat with your choice of different rooms. Our food has always been good and the service was great. So we are one of ones who love BOG and absolutely eat there each trip.

The lunch and dinner menus look waaaaaay better! Honestly, the negative reviews I have heard pertaining to the food have almost all been with the BOG breakfast. I've heard mostly positive things about lunch and dinner. But we went with breakfast since it fit best with the rest of our schedule and since it gets you in the park before opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom