Things I'll Never Do At Disney Again............

Hockey89

Sorry, but a 90% savings is complete BS. A standard room at Pop Century is $135.00 a night for two people. That would be $945.00.
The BnB is $550, yes, 58% less. There is also the difference of being on property. You do get a discount, small though it may be on the cost of tickets, the addition of Extra Magic Hours, the Magic Express, etc. I am not saying you don't save some money by giving up some conveniences, but for a lot of people it is worth it. They wouldn't be building more hotels if they had trouble filling rooms.
But but but he can get better food for 80% cheaper.... lol

crxbrett

Hit all 4 parks in one day. (T'was fun, but too much time spent traveling between parks)

I am really curious about the details of your adventure, since I myself have had the desire to try this, too! What time of year did you go? What order did you do them in? And what attractions did you do in each park?

danyoung56

I am reading so many bad things about BOG on here and am even more apprehensive of it than before! LoL I know the breakfast menu looked sort of underwhelming to me, but is the food that bad?

No, the food isn't that bad. When you consider that it's $25 a head, it starts looking a little lame. I can get a better breakfast at Denny's for 6 bucks. But the atmosphere at BOG is pretty incredible. And the ability to sneak in 3 or 4 rides on SDMT before the main gate crowd even hits is really valuable.

Darth_Wes

Responsive behavior, like yours, does nothing to solve the problem. It makes you look like an idiot. If you're okay with that, great.
I can only assume that you are one of the "stopping in the middle of traffic" crowd given how butt hurt you are over my comments. I do, however, appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule of standing in the way of others to throw insults. You do you. I've got me covered.

Last edited:

thomas998

No more premium dessert and view deals... like EPCOT's or MK's... prices have just gotten too ridiculous and the quality of the desserts has become a joke.

Nottamus

........Ill never eat at Garden Grill with just a party of two....

........and ask for seconds...then thirds....THEN dessert.

bearprn

Sorry, but a 90% savings is complete BS. A standard room at Pop Century is $135.00 a night for two people. That would be $945.00.
The BnB is $550, yes, 58% less. There is also the difference of being on property. You do get a discount, small though it may be on the cost of tickets, the addition of Extra Magic Hours, the Magic Express, etc. I am not saying you don't save some money by giving up some conveniences, but for a lot of people it is worth it. They wouldn't be building more hotels if they had trouble filling rooms.

No, it is not BS, the poster gave you numbers to back is up. I dare you to find anything onsite to even come close to let’s make it easy for you (or so you think) 70% on the price he is getting on 3 BR mid June! Just because you keep repeating the same thing over and over does not make it the truth. If you and others want to pay those prices to stay onsite more power to you but don’t try to justify your decision by calling someone else’s carefully researched info BS ! As far as Disney continuing to build hotel rooms if there wasn’t a need- they continue to add hotel rooms because people keep drinking the koolaide and the parks keep getting more and more crowded because those folks in the hotels have to go somewhere! Yes they run specials throughout the year but think about this- would they be running specials if the hotels were always full and those “specials “are still much higher than offsite especially when comparing oranges to oranges. TPTB don’t care how packed the parks are , they already have your money and a captive group of onsite hotel guests, so what if the service stinks where are they going to go. Which is why if you look around offsite but still close there is constant resorts being build there too. JMHO 😀 Have a magical day !

P.S. Did you notice that USO took #1 on Trip Advisor and no I am not a USO fan

OG Runner

No, it is not BS, the poster gave you numbers to back is up. I dare you to find anything onsite to even come close to let’s make it easy for you (or so you think) 70% on the price he is getting on 3 BR mid June! Just because you keep repeating the same thing over and over does not make it the truth. If you and others want to pay those prices to stay onsite more power to you but don’t try to justify your decision by calling someone else’s carefully researched info BS ! As far as Disney continuing to build hotel rooms if there wasn’t a need- they continue to add hotel rooms because people keep drinking the koolaide and the parks keep getting more and more crowded because those folks in the hotels have to go somewhere! Yes they run specials throughout the year but think about this- would they be running specials if the hotels were always full and those “specials “are still much higher than offsite especially when comparing oranges to oranges. TPTB don’t care how packed the parks are , they already have your money and a captive group of onsite hotel guests, so what if the service stinks where are they going to go. Which is why if you look around offsite but still close there is constant resorts being build there too. JMHO 😀 Have a magical day !

P.S. Did you notice that USO took #1 on Trip Advisor and no I am not a USO fan

First off, the poster said 90% and based on the figures he gave. They did not add up. As to your P.S., It appears Trip Advisor gives
no credence to the numbers either, the Magic Kingdom, alone has over 10,000,000 more guests per year than both UOR & IOA.
Another 10,0000,000 rounds of Koolaide!!!!

SAV

Astro Orbiter. I can handle any ride in any park, but that one messed me up. Felt awful after riding it.

OG Runner

Astro Orbiter. I can handle any ride in any park, but that one messed me up. Felt awful after riding it.

Thank you! I am glad I am not the only one. I rode Mission:Space, when it first opened and didn't feel as bad as Astro Orbiter.

Old B.O.B

Thank God I never have to push my children in a stroller again, all older. That albatross being freed has improved my Disney enjoyment by leaps and bounds. No more stroller wars👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👦‍👦

Willmark

1. Ride Space Mountain,
2. Subject myself to the torture that is Figment,
3. Subject myself to the cruel and unusual punishment that is Stitch.
4. Eat QS for dinner (ends badly every time for us).
5. Ride the bus back from a park at night. We build this into our transportation budget. During that morning- it’s fine as we get going early. Late morning when we leave the park and the return to whatever park we’re goingvyo at night no issues, it’s the mass of humanity and it’s attendant problems that we avoid... and worth every penny for the Lyft/Uber/Taxi.
6. Swiss family Robinson treehouse.
7. Eat at Tony’s.
8. Stay for less that 5 days.
9. Skip Dole Whips.
10. Stay st the values. They were perfect when the kids were young, but too crowded and too far out. YMMV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom