Things I want to do but refuse to spend the money.

meklein

OP, MVMCP is not that good. You aren't alone in your disappointment there. I still go every year, but i don't know why i bother. If you ever get the chance to go, MNSSHP is much better. :)

I liked MCMCP, but mostly because on several rides, we were the only people and were allowed to ride several times in a row without queuing up again! Someone said there was snow on Main Street, but we were too busy getting sick on the carpets - Look out - those camels spit! :p LOL!

Mickey87

My weak spot is Disney clothing. Whenever I am in Mousegear and I am looking at the men's section I want 1 of everything. But I am reallly caught off guard at the prices. The last time I was there, there was shirt that I liked and was about to get it when I saw it was $50.00. I was thinking, "why the heck am I about to drop $50 for a T-shirt?" In my opinion there is clothing definatley worth its price and then clothing that is much more than it should be just because it has Mickey on it.

Hot Lava

unkadug said:
Well, a smartphone is required if you want to participate in MyMagic+​
Won't happen for me. I don't even take my phone into the parks. We go there to escape, not be connected to the outside world.
I am not the type of person who is glued to their phone anyway. But I have to have it with me. My husband and my parents like to wander off, it is helps cut down on the amount of time spent tracking them down again. And certainly if you split up it helps.

AintNoOtherMan

Victoria & Alberts... It's not really me who won't pay for it, but the rest of my family.
The Christmas/Halloween parties... Again, mostly my family who won't pay for these or go to the parks in the winter.
Disney Quest to a certain degree... I like it, but unless we add water parks and more (which we don't usually do), I would't pay to do it.
Stay at a deluxe... See the reasons for my first two.

Unomas

Disney Quest and the waterparks. In Texas, we have one of the best waterparks in the world with Schliterbahn. I don't really visit WDW to go to waterparks - so Id rather not waste our time. Disney Quest is tired. Needs to be taken out or completely redone.

My wife and I love to eat. Planning our ADRs is half the fun for us. We don't have kids just yet so this may have something to do with it. But breaking the cost down for how we would want to eat on vacation, we found the DDP to be a nice value and convenience.

alissafalco

oops :oops: I read the thread wrong..it is suppose to be what I want to do but refuse to spend money on...so far I haven't sprung for BBB for DGD7 even though she is my princess... I just kind of feel like we can do her hair and makeup as well as the boutique could sort of...and she has so many princess outfits anyways....but always I think when we are at WDW... I ought to take her to BBB for a makeover..o_O .. and then that thought passes and I don't:(

Many of the girls wear their own princess costumes and get the cheaper package for just hair and makeup.

alissafalco

So far the only thing I spent money on (sort of I used 2 TS dining credits per person and paid cash for DD27 who showed up over the weekend part of our stay) that I WOULD NEVER SPEND credits or cash on again is Mickeys Barbecue during the summer months...I hate being hot and sweaty when I eat food....

I couldn't agree more! We went this past September and it was awful! It was so hot and humid with no breeze, while being under that awning and sitting on the hard uncomfortable wooden benches. I couldnt wait to get the heck out of there! It's a pain in the neck to get to also. I realize its a BBQ and its outside, and its a cute idea, but they need to invest in a good fan system.

alissafalco

I want to stay at GF but refuse to spend that money.
I want to buy one of those custom made bakery cakes and have it brought to the table at dinner but I refuse to spend that money.
I want to dine at Victoria & Alberts but refuse to spend that money.
I want to stay in a concierge suite on DCL but refuse to spend that money.
I want to rent a cabana at cast away cay but refuse to spend that money.
I want to buy those specialty cocktails but I refuse to spend that money. I always just end up getting a glass of the house wine.

RunnerFool

Disney Quest and the waterparks. In Texas, we have one of the best waterparks in the world with Schliterbahn. I don't really visit WDW to go to waterparks - so Id rather not waste our time. Disney Quest is tired. Needs to be taken out or completely redone.

My wife and I love to eat. Planning our ADRs is half the fun for us. We don't have kids just yet so this may have something to do with it. But breaking the cost down for how we would want to eat on vacation, we found the DDP to be a nice value and convenience.

I disagree with Disney Quest. It kinda caters to a certain age group. Though I'm a girl, I love video games and Disney Quest is heaven O_O

Anyway, I refuse to spend the money on any resort that's more than the value resorts, lol. I know it's a little bit much, but I go down to Disney for the entertainment not to stay in my hotel all day. All Stars gets the job done :D

Unomas

I love video games, too. The fact that you're a girl shouldn't matter. But when Disney Quest was first opened it had some of the most state-the-art games ayou could find. This is when virtual reality was very popular. But those things haven't been updated and the whole thing is very tired.

I'm glad some people are still enjoying it, though :)

Bloopers

Disney Quest is boring. For me, at least. The only remotely fun thing was the space mountain ride where you could design your own roller coaster. I have never spent money on Disney Quest and don't plan on doing so either. Got in for free and stayed for maybe 2 hours trying to find things to do with my friend.

Blufusion

For me I have been to Disney World over 16 times in 31 yrs.. I have things I want to do and things I would not or cannot afford. I would love to stay at The CR. I did in 1992 and it was really expensive at that time and I wished I hadn't it was not worth the price . It hadn't had refurbishment since never it seemed. For me now Disney is over priced and I will be going next yr. to do a few things then. After that until they add the one land they need to add at HS. That will be it for me until then. I read some posts on here about taking you IPad and taking pic. Thats stupid! Me and my partner did Hawaii last yr. and we could have done WDW like we always wanted but we wanted peace and quite. It had been rough for me the 4 yrs. leading up to 2012 due to health concerns. What would have cost us for the 7 nights just to stay at the contemporary would have been 2 times the cost of us staying at Marriott's 5 start Ko Olina Resort in Oahu. Just a little bit of a walk from Aulani. We stayed at Marriott in a villa not a standard room or a suite a villa for 8 days. round trip airfare for 2, rental car for 8 days and a 1 hr. helicopter flight over Oahu for a total of $4000.00 ! Not per person total cost. He works for Marriott. It was the best thing we have done so far in our 12 year relationship for vacations EVER. No screaming kids .No trying to have a Magical Day because you paid for it and Dammit I'm gonna have it. We just took each day on the most Magical place I have ever been Hawaii. It was great the kids at the resort were having fun just being kids. Parents wern't screaming at each other and wore out from paying for THAT MAGICAL EXPERIENCE on their credit card. I like WDW and now that I live in Florida we have been 2 times in the 8 yrs. we have lived here and will be doing WDW for a few days next yr. Will be staying at Universal for a few days on site and the rest of it we will be stay 4 nights at the JW Marriott near Sea World. For the cost of 2 nights at Contemporary Resort we will pay the total cost of our trip for all of this in cash. No Credit Card! When we went to Hawaii we paid for everything all cash. No need to worry about the CC bill when we got home. Maybe because Im a little older but I will spend for once in a life time experience . But some of if not most of Disney World is just an I'm going there and I better spend the money now because I may not be able to afterwards . Because I need That Magical FIX. Not anymore. There are other things in life that are worth more to me than spending a fortune to say I got to say I spent my money like a fool.

mcurtiss

I would never spend money on Park Hopper. I'd rather spend a half day at a pool or take a quick ride over to DTD for shopping and walking than try to do two parks in one day.

allgiggles

I would never spend money on Park Hopper. I'd rather spend a half day at a pool or take a quick ride over to DTD for shopping and walking than try to do two parks in one day.

I'm just curious...why would park hopping be that much different than going to DTD in the evening? I realize that park hopping isn't for everyone (I understand there is a cost involved with "hopping" to a different park rather than DTD), but we often do basically what you do but substitute a park in the evening instead of DTD. We'll hit a park at rope drop; leave that park some time in the afternoon; spend a few hours at the hotel pool or napping in the room; and then head to a different park in the evening to eat dinner and maybe hit a few rides or watch fireworks. I know some people go crazy with the park hopping and go all out at every park they hit during the day, but park hopping doesn't have to be stressful. It can be as relaxed as a stroll through DTD. I guess my question (for whoever) is: Why does park hopping have a reputation for being stressful, tiring, time consuming, etc.? We park hop a few times on every trip -- not to try and cram as many things into a day as possible, but to have a change of scenery and enjoy the evening ambiance of a different park than where we started the day.

Back to the original question: I've always wanted to do a fireworks cruise but refused to spend the money. However, my son totally surprised me with a Christmas gift a few months ago and booked us on an Illuminations cruise for our upcoming trip in June. So now I get to do that without having to pay for it. :-D

mcurtiss

I don't think of parkhopping as stressful...it's just a little too much travel for my tastes.

I generally feel a park deserves an entire day (or the bulk of one). This last visit, our only short days were one day consisting of DTD for BBB and then the MK, and one day of AK and the resort pool.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I don't think of parkhopping as stressful...it's just a little too much travel for my tastes.

I generally feel a park deserves an entire day (or the bulk of one). This last visit, our only short days were one day consisting of DTD for BBB and then the MK, and one day of AK and the resort pool.
Yeah, we don't park hop either...just so many things to do at each park and other things like DTD and resort hopping to try different restaurants, strolling the grounds of resorts.
Have hopped, but just no longer care to...that's just us...getting old I guess.

mamabunker

With young kids, we have to take a mid-day break. Choosing a different park in the evening involves no more travel than returning to the park we visited in the morning.

This last trip, we frequently hit the park with the morning EMH, left by lunchtime, and chose a different, less crowded park for the evening. Several of our days were mornings in MK and evenings (and dinner) in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom