Things I want to do but refuse to spend the money.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I park hop when I stay on property and it works well. HS is a half day park for me so hit that early go back to the room for lunch, swimming whatever then off to another park later. The problem with HS is I've seen all the shows so have the kids and simply no one wants to watch them again. I like wandering around AK so that's a pretty full day but Epcot is easily done in a half day. It also has to do with what park has extra hours, MK open till 1 AM means will be doing MK at night and I actually prefer night time in MK. When on property I always go back to the room in the afternoon BTW.

Epcot is easily done in a half day? It is almost always two days for us.
Just curious, how to you do Epcot in a half day? Do you skip World Showcase? the live entertainment, shows, movies, shops?
To each his own of course, but we could, and have one trip when we stayed at Beach Club, spent every day of a full week's trip at Epcot. Of course we spent lots of time that week at Stormalong Bay and the Boardwalk as well.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I have kids, problem one and problem two is I don't book a head enough to ever get a decent ADR. I don't do the world show case at all except for the fire works show which we'll just show up for that after being in a different park during the day. Take my kids to the world show case and we'll see how much fun it turns out to be for you....

We don't have kids as I am all the kid we can afford.
I can see how World Showcase would have less appeal to them...for me, being a 52 year old kid, I could live there I think.

Goofyernmost

I would never spend money on Park Hopper. I'd rather spend a half day at a pool or take a quick ride over to DTD for shopping and walking than try to do two parks in one day.
I don't consider it two parks in a day. I think of it as parts of two parks in a day. Most of the time I just hop between Epcot and MK. But I used to do the two that I consider half day parks (DAK and DHS) and then hit Epcot or MK in the evening. I have been so often now that I have certain favorites that I want to experience again so I do those and then go to another park to hit my favorites there.

allgiggles

I have kids, problem one and problem two is I don't book a head enough to ever get a decent ADR. I don't do the world show case at all except for the fire works show which we'll just show up for that after being in a different park during the day. Take my kids to the world show case and we'll see how much fun it turns out to be for you....

Have you're kids ever tried World Showcase? The first time we took our middle kids (ages 4 & 5 at the time), I only planned to spend a few hours in WS because I thought they would be bored and hate it. I was shocked when they didn't want to leave after the first country. In fact, instead of that being a short day for us, we ended up spending 6 hours in WS and went back another day for a few more hours. I know not every kid likes WS (we have one who is not at all impressed with it), but you might be surprised if you haven't tried it with them. My kids loved doing the Kim Possible missions and are looking forward to doing the Agent P missions when we go back in June (and the kids will be 14, 13, & 8 on this trip). They also liked getting a passport stamped in each country. But I totally understand if your kids tried it and don't like it. My kids think I'm torturing them if we spend more than about 5 hours at Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to go to Disney without them one day. :D

Tinkerbella16

Deluxe Resorts- Nice to look at, but not nice enough to rob my wallet!

Fireworks Dessert Party- I actually thought about doing this once and I am glad I didn't. Before this started, I had a special viewing spot at that Tomorrowland Terrace. I loved it... and then Disney capitalized! :mad:

Photo Pass+

Victoria & Albert's

Renting a car- Have been using Disney Transportation for years and years and although it is frustrating at times, I just wouldn't do Disney any other way

VoiceGuy07

A couple of the things we really want to do but have never "written the check for". About every trip we talk about Cirque du Soleil but quickly drop the idea 'cause I can't see paying that much $$...and dinner?

The other thing we always talk about is renewing our vows at Disney but the packages just keep going up! We were originally going to join the masses and get married at Disney almost 21 yrs ago but that just wasn't in the cards at the time. Ever since, we've been talking about making things right(er) but the packages and structure keeps changing - never in a more consumer friendly way. Maybe 25 yrs will be the anniversary!

mrdisman

if I really want to do it...I'll spend the money...but spread it out over Disney trips...parasailing one trip...special tour the other...etc., etc., etc

mrdisman

the Deluxe resorts have balconies...

Deluxe Resorts- Nice to look at, but not nice enough to rob my wallet!

Fireworks Dessert Party- I actually thought about doing this once and I am glad I didn't. Before this started, I had a special viewing spot at that Tomorrowland Terrace. I loved it... and then Disney capitalized! :mad:

Photo Pass+

Victoria & Albert's

Renting a car- Have been using Disney Transportation for years and years and although it is frustrating at times, I just wouldn't do Disney any other way

MarkandAmy

I guess for us, if money were no object, there is nothing that we wouldn't do. But, back in the real world, we just can't justify spending the money on Richard Petty, the "behind the scenes" tours, golf (less about the cost...more about the time), and the deluxe resorts.

Many people listed things that we just can't vacation without: photopass (we leave the camera in the hotel room many times), DDP (takes a lot of stress away), park hopping, water parks, DisneyQuest (I know it gets panned here, but we really enjoy DisnetQuest. Its fun!) and la Nouba (love it...last year we bought the video, so maybe we won't watch this again this year).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom