They don't need to gut the Great Movie Ride

Expo_Seeker40

mikeymouse to answer your question.... :wave: The Great Movie Ride is housed in a series of buildings behind the facade of the Chinese Theatre that resemble sound stages. When you enter the Chinese Theatre, you will notice you begin to make a left into the pre-show theater. You are in the sound stage buildings now. I beleive some of the ride is partially underground cause I know you slope down the ramp into the pre-show room, but I'm not sure about that other than the actual buildings the ride is in.

Dwarful

Well, I love the GMR, I agree that the sound/picture could be tweeked at the end of the ride. I have noticed on our last 3 trips that at any given time there have been lines with wait times of at least 20 minutes, sometimes up to an hour (in Dec.) so we must not be the only ones who enjoy it! My mother enjoyed it enough that we rode it multiple times on two different trips.

MKBurn15

righttrack said:
The Great Movie Ride is can't miss for us, each time we go to WDW. Many rides divide us, this one unites. Just keep updating it. Great movies are made each year.
I have never noticed any updates to the ride. What were they?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
midnightstar17 said:
My story about the Great Movie Ride is in the Trip Report Section. To make a long story short we accidently took flash pictures on the ride and the cm had a talk with us afterward. It ruined the end to a good ride, i loved it. Our guide had lots of energy but kind of unfairly singled out me and my friends. O well, i can't wait to see this ride again when I go back in July, hopefully with a different ending.
Jenny

They talked to you for a reason there have been injuries to the CMs because of flash pictures during scenes where they are out of the cars. IE Indiana Jones Scene where they "jog" down the stairs and a flash comes out of nowhere the CM falls down the stairs and hits the car. Thankfully nothing was broken and they continued the ride. Even if you did it accidently, you should have known how to operate your camera so you didnt flash.

Woody13

warlord said:
They talked to you for a reason there have been injuries to the CMs because of flash pictures during scenes where they are out of the cars. IE Indiana Jones Scene where they "jog" down the stairs and a flash comes out of nowhere the CM falls down the stairs and hits the car. Thankfully nothing was broken and they continued the ride. Even if you did it accidently do it you should have known how to operate your camera so you didnt flash.
All CM's know that many guests ("tourons") are not very smart.

speck76

General Grizz said:
Another hand supporting the GMR, which needs a big refurbishment, but has a classic feel that defines the MGM purpose. :D

The MGM purpose has been changed more than that of any other park. The park is in almost NO way serving the purpose for that of which it was built.

imagineer boy

speck76 said:
The MGM purpose has been changed more than that of any other park. The park is in almost NO way serving the purpose for that of which it was built.

No, its still serving its purpose. While it isn't actually filming anything right now, the purpose of the park is for the guest to experience how movies are made, to see Hollywood in all its glory ( 1940s style ), and get the essence of all movies. The GMR is to MGM as SSE is to Epcot. If they get rid of it, then it won't be serving the purpose of which it was built.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
imagineer boy said:
...The GMR is to MGM as SSE is to Epcot. If they get rid of it, then it won't be serving the purpose of which it was built.

Unfortunatley they started this process when they built the hat...

No hat threads please!

speck76

imagineer boy said:
No, its still serving its purpose. While it isn't actually filming anything right now, the purpose of the park is for the guest to experience how movies are made, to see Hollywood in all its glory ( 1940s style ), and get the essence of all movies. The GMR is to MGM as SSE is to Epcot. If they get rid of it, then it won't be serving the purpose of which it was built.

Umm....No

You may be too young to remember, but go and look at what the park was like on opening day........

No park has altered its purpose and vision as much as MGM...regardless of if they are filming anything there or not.

General Grizz

MGM has altered, like all parks, but that doesn't mean the Great Movie Ride doesn't fit. It's a celebration of Hollywood, drama, art, suspense, laughter, and music - and the "golden era" is still something to be celebrated like many things in the past. There's still plenty of room to expand the park to bring in other experiences, although I wouldn't mind actually seeing the GMR change in terms of technology and scenes represented. :)

(Stitch scene, anyone? :lookaroun :brick: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom