They Conquered Everest!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And so the great Walt Disney World Magic forum finally met its match with no pictures available of this landmark event...

What is the world coming to?

Go on - prove me wrong!

ogryn

:cool:

Attachments

• fake_everest.jpg
    fake_everest.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 647

disneydata

Please cease and desist in asking for pictures. When someone gets some, I'm sure this is the first place they will go. There is no need for 500 people asking for pics. Some of you should know better.

Captain Hank

Picks? :lookaroun :D :drevil:

Seriously, though guys, just take a deep breath and wait. I'm sure the pics will be posted when they're available--not a moment sooner or later.

t3techcom18

I saw it myself driving by. It was huge, and the American flag was indeed up, blowing in the wind, (as it was windy today) but about the tree, I didn't see anything about that, however, if you mean a gigantic fake tree covering a Nextel tower, then that's a different story. They put it up around the Nextel tower near the backstage area of Camp Minnie-Mickey, near the FOTLK show building, as the crane was there. This is really exciting news!

PS- More info on Everest: All of the mountain peaks have been put on the mountain, the last being the top peak with the flag. Most of the metal grating covering of the mountain is in place and covering it from head to toe, (or rock bottom I should say). The rock covering is midway up the mountain. Only thing is, that well, the bridge that goes over the swamp before the entrance to AK, you can see Everest from a far, but it reveals something that is huge NO-NO....you see a little of the backstage ceiling covering pretty easily, but I'm guessing after the wrap the mountain, you won't see it.

I hope this satisfies your thrist for info... :cool:

cm1988

t3techcom18 said:
I saw it myself driving by. It was huge, and the American flag was indeed up, blowing in the wind, (as it was windy today) but about the tree, I didn't see anything about that, however, if you mean a gigantic fake tree covering a Nextel tower, then that's a different story. They put it up around the Nextel tower near the backstage area of Camp Minnie-Mickey, near the FOTLK show building, as the crane was there. This is really exciting news!

PS- More info on Everest: All of the mountain peaks have been put on the mountain, the last being the top peak with the flag. Most of the metal grating covering of the mountain is in place and covering it from head to toe, (or rock bottom I should say). The rock covering is midway up the mountain. Only thing is, that well, the bridge that goes over the swamp before the entrance to AK, you can see Everest from a far, but it reveals something that is huge NO-NO....you see a little of the backstage ceiling covering pretty easily, but I'm guessing after the wrap the mountain, you won't see it.

I hope this satisfies your thrist for info... :cool:
Thank you for the verbal picture!

CTXRover

t3techcom18 said:
I but about the tree, I didn't see anything about that, however, if you mean a gigantic fake tree covering a Nextel tower, then that's a different story. They put it up around the Nextel tower near the backstage area of Camp Minnie-Mickey, near the FOTLK show building, as the crane was there. This is really exciting news!

I was wondering if this cell phone tower has been up for a while now and they just recently disguised it? A few weeks ago when I was at AK, I noticed that a cell phone tower could easily be seen from the bridge near Everest appearing behind and to the left of the Tree of Life....I thought the tower was a lot farther away than Camp Minnie-Mickey area and was wishing it could have been disguised....do you know if the tower I saw is now in fact the same tower as the one disguised as a "tree" or if that was another one beyond the park's border?

BTW, thanks for the verbal picture :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom