They Conquered Everest!!

t3techcom18

MicBat said:
Wow.. it looks AMAZING!! Im sure that American flag wont be staying, though.. am I right??

Yeah, once they need to put cement on the cap, then they would need to take it down. Since I go by everyday to get to my house, I will shout on here when it is taken down.

PS- To the people who said thank you, you are very welcome. Hey, I was going to put a thread up when I saw it, but once I saw that it was already up, I just decided to give a good description if it to you guys.

WDWScottieBoy

MonoRon said:
It brings a tear to the eye, EE is finally growing up, I remember when EE was yay high! Kids grow up so fast now a days.

:lol: I remember just a little over a year ago there was just one white concrete wall up. Then I went when it was 7 months old and it was already about half-way done. And now to see it this far, it sure has grown up hasn't it? It's looking very promising! Does anyone know how far ahead of schedule it is, I heard 2 months or something like that and heard from a CM that they are really pushing for it to open by Christmas of this year.

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
There's a great photo of them putting the peak on Everest with the American flag attached. Here's the link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...210.story?coll=orl-business-headlines-tourism

A giant crane hoists the 1-ton peak nearly 20 stories into the air to cap the Expedition Everest attraction under construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park last week. The ride, scheduled to open in 2006, is the largest ‘imagineered' mountain in Florida. Since 1955, Disney Imagineers have designed and constructed 17 other mountains, from Space Mountain at Walt Disney World to the Matterhorn at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom