There's a Great Big Bootifull Trip Report

Just got back from a quick getaway weekend doing something I'd never done before - WDW by boot. It all started several weeks ago when I tore a tendon in my foot, and I've spent the last 2 1/2 months wearing this enormous velcro boot. I had hoped I'd be "heeled":animwink: before this trip, but unfortunately The Boot really wanted to see the World. I realized that there would be limits to what rides The Boot and I could comfortably do, but with a lot of help from my great family and some wonderful CM's, we had a great time.

So.... meet The Boot

Disneyboot229-1.jpg

We started our first day at AK

Fuji001-1.jpg

After a very informative ride on the Safari, we stopped to see the Flights of Wonder show. We hadn't seen this in a long time, so we really enjoyed it, and The Boot loved sitting in the front row.

Disneyboot019-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
The Boot wanted to, but DH and his SIL had been there earlier in the week, so DD and I were going to go by ourselves. Then when the rain started, everyone wanted to leave, so The Boot and I got outvoted. I'll definitely see you in February though. :kiss:

Nemo14

Original Poster
Just a "footnote":
I go back to the orthopedist next week, and my Physical Therapist seems pretty confident that he'll boot the boot then.

*crosses all crossables*

Nemo14

Original Poster
"footnote" to "footnote"

Just got back from the orthopedist. After spending 3 days in a row without the boot, I'm really feeling it, so I'm basically back in the boot for 6 more weeks. :(

joanna71985

The Boot wanted to, but DH and his SIL had been there earlier in the week, so DD and I were going to go by ourselves. Then when the rain started, everyone wanted to leave, so The Boot and I got outvoted. I'll definitely see you in February though. :kiss:

Yay! Can't wait!

WishIWasAtWDW

AMAZINGLY funny trip report! :ROFLOL: i love how you incorporated the boot in all of your pictures. so clever and humorous! :lol: i have to admit though when i first saw the title of your trip report i thought you were referring to a booty aka a butt. :lol: i think its way better that it was actually about a boot instead of a booty. thanks for sharing!! and so sorry you have to keep the boot on for 6 more weeks. maybe the boot can take another vacation to help pass the time.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Thanks - it was fun shooting those boot shots, but next time I go, it will be on 2 feet!

*knock wood*

popsicletrees

Loved your report and what it was all "aboot." So creative, and I loved that the CM got into the spirit with you and your decorated boot.

rsoxguy

How did I miss seeing this thread? I love the trip report. It's easily one of my favorites. Hope you lose your "little friend" soon.

Nemo14

Original Poster
LOL this is the best trip report ever! Sorry to hear that the boot is sticking around. Hope you can get rid of it soon!
Thanks! I'm actually out of it at home for the most part (or at least one weekend day per week) - but I have to wear it for school, and if I'm going to be on my feet for too long. I'm learning to let it heal itself, but I'm not very patient....:eek:

Nemo14

Original Poster
Quick boot update - I'm still wearing it, but just for the time I'm at school and unable to rest it. I've been able to stay out of it completely most weekends now, and I'm getting much better with stairs. My physical therapist is great, and has helped me a lot. Right now we're looking at 2 more weeks of PT, then hopefully the OK from the orthopaedist. It will be 15 weeks tomorrow since the original ill-timed injury, so I've really had enough of it. Thank you to all of you for your kind comments and PM's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom