TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
Mission #1 was complete..so once we were back at MK we hopped the boat once again over to WL. This time we met a really nice couple and my kids got some awesome pins in trades!

We got over there and this is what we see:
008_zps46fa6a66.jpg

Did we miss it? Taejan was not budging until we knew!
009_zps08c06cd6.jpg

Eric went and got a snack and some drinks and we all waited and finally:
015_zps058f393a.jpg

and of course this:
016_zps5bfcf51e.jpg

once we were done we headed back to the boat dock..there was a long line so we ended up talking to these guys:
017_zps793162c3.jpg

Apparently right before we got there they caught a fish and an otter came and took it right off the line..would have loved to see that!

The gentlemen in the hat was very chatty and the kids thought he was great..he told them the guy directly behind the CM ( can only see the back of his head) helped build Disney.. wish I knew who he was!
018_zps3e81c3ca.jpg

On the boat and heading back to MK:
020_zpsb41c303a.jpg

We got on a bus back to BW and before we left the driver gave the kids some transportation cards..they had started collecting them the day before:
021_zps40f59665.jpg

to be continued..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Once we were back Declan begged to do the Surrey bike.. I did NOT want to. I did this in 1999 and still remember how hard they are to pedal uphill..lol. we relented though:
023_zps9334dbec.jpg

I gave Declan the camera and he took some scenery shots:
025_zpsb6d422ae.jpg

I was waiting for the two of them to start fighting. We call them oil and water and we never ever put them so close together intentionally..

026_zpse018a38e.jpg

027_zps495851f4.jpg

028_zps2d43fc97.jpg

029_zps05bfd893.jpg

030_zps3eef8724.jpg

031_zps23c970e7.jpg

032_zps1aa04202.jpg

033_zps1e0312a8.jpg

034_zpsa708c713.jpg

035_zpsf27adc3f.jpg

036_zps0c35e015.jpg

037_zps84b4b289.jpg

Up next...chill time..kinda

ExtinctJenn

Oh we absolutely love the surrey bike rides! It's kind of become a tradition that if we are a hotel that has one we'll do it (which honestly isn't that often). Hmmmm... now I have a thought. *ouch*

disneygirl1

Great update! How awesome is the avengers monorail? We got to ride it when we were there in May. Man trying to get a picture of that thing was not an easy task! Gosh the BW area is so beautiful! Seems like you are all really enjoying the trip so far!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Great update! How awesome is the avengers monorail? We got to ride it when we were there in May. Man trying to get a picture of that thing was not an easy task! Gosh the BW area is so beautiful! Seems like you are all really enjoying the trip so far!

Right!! Tron was there last time and we never had time to try and ride it.. I loved loved loved these 3 NO park days..we go to do so much!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Well after the Surrey Bike of Death ( which we did TWO circuits on...omg my legs hated me for days!) we headed back to the room and found this:
038_zpsecd2eb23.jpg

039_zpsd9aac7d3.jpg

it's not anything special but my kids love seeing whatever Mousekeeping does with all their Stuff!
It was then time for the pool. We went down..snagged a table..and yes a few adult beverages.. the pool games were going on and I honestly felt so bad for the CM's...no kids wanted to play.
The song from Declan's latest hip hop dance was on and Declan strutted his stuff.. I thought I had video's this but apparently I just took pictures..fyi my boy can dance ( has been since he was 3).
040_zps690fe349.jpg

041_zpsc507d63a.jpg

043_zps126cdf2d.jpg

Next they got to playing games:
044_zpseb134bc8.jpg

The CM's unloaded the water on my kids..twice..LOL..I laughed!
050_zps35244cfc.jpg

051_zpsa629ed4a.jpg

See that foot? right there is where we lost Taejan.. and I was wishing I had had more than one adult beverage..or maybe I was wishing I could pretend he wasn't mine.. sigh
049_zps09aaa6f3.jpg

and we have full rotten mood.. well it was his first actual meltdown.. and anyone that read last years report knows I could fill and album with meltdown pictures..lol:
054_zps2d36d1b9.jpg

and it was over almost as fast as it came on and he was back in the pool playing:
055_zps4c11dcc6.jpg

056_zpsf821e45c.jpg

This game did not go well.. when the kids were in the pool finding the toys other kids were stealing their piles..all 3 of mine ended up losing their entire piles..one to a darn adult..I was sickened!
058_zps36308598.jpg

Ziah made a friend..and they played together all day.
061_zpsc2d6d1bf.jpg

More games!
062_zpsb460a0ac.jpg

at this point the pool was packed and we decided to head to the quiet pool near our room:
064_zps9f4078f0.jpg

066_zps4d3d393b.jpg

069_zpsf2b4068b.jpg

After this we went down to the Boardwalk and had a very noisy not great food dinner at the Brew works...we will not be returning there!
We wandered and watched the various entertainers. One was so funny with getting the kids to play a song on chimes.. and we played games and then crashed for the night...
Up next.. POFQ!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Okay before we switch resorts ( and add people to the group) I wanted to chime in about The Boardwalk Inn.

Loved it.. yep..totally loved it. I got the rooms at a 30% room only discount so it was cheaper for the 5 of us to stay there than to add 2 nights to our POFQ reservation so that's why we did it. It was a toss up between that and YC&BC but the pool over there is actually what turned me off.. at the time of booking Taejan was not a strong swimmer and I didn't want to worry.

I was def nervous about not being "deluxe" types.. we are just every day people.. that was def not an issue. Oh and for those that say there isnt wild kids ar deluxes..um.. could have fooled me..lol

The room was nice..very nice..BUT I felt it had a lot of wasted space.. The giant glass doors to a tiny tiny (open) patio on the ground floor.. total waste. so that whole felt like wasted space to me. We never once sat on the patio.. maybe if we had anything besides ground floor we would have? Then the bathroom/vanity area..a whole big bunch of space that was odd. I def prefer the bathroom all the way on the end like in the exterior hallway rooms.

The couch was def a good thing.. we opened it into a bed and Declan had a place to sleep..he said it was perfectly comfy.

The grounds..well they are amazing, the proximity to the Boardwalk ( ha ha..) was mega great. We spent a lot of time in the gardens, on the Boardwalk and then of course at the amazing pool. Hands down best pool my kids have ever been to they said! The staff was great.. even when a certain child of mine clogged then overflowed the toilet.lol. The community house ( do all deluxe resorts have em??) was icing in the cake for us..we used this..a lot!
oh here I am as the kids were playing games on Sunday..forgot to put this in the above post:
229866_10151105633186655_210989162_n.jpg

and one from the campfire before the community house..lol
156168_10151105740491655_1185531338_n.jpg

The thing is..as much as we loved it..I would am not sure if I'd ever stay there if I was planning on being in the parks. The cost is nearly twice what staying at a moderate would be. I can't stomach that knowing I won't be taking advantage of all the extra's they have there.Heck if we didn't need 2 rooms at the values ( and I dont want more expensive suite) I wouldnt even stay at a Mod if I was going to be in the parks all day. This is def just my take on it. We figure we can fit the 5 of us in PORS for a few more trips. Once they are bigger I will def revisit the BWi ( or something sim) that will allow 5 to a room.

I would stay there again if we decided to do a split stay with no park days ( but I would do those at the end of the trip next time). Yes the convenience is there.. walk to 2 of 4 parks.. that I would def enjoy. But when we priced out 10 days at BWI with free dining verses 12 nights at PORS the difference was crazy ( for us). And yes..we need free dining.. one thing those 3 days paying out of pocket for food for 5 people ( and being very careful btw) is that food is pricey and the free dining outweighs ANY room only discount we could get :)

So there's my take on it.. take it for what it is..lol

PartOfYourWorld

LOVE IT so far!!! And love the pictures of the Boardwalk that is my dream resort to stay there!!!!! That might just have to be saved for a special trip though ;). So thank you for the pictures and the review!!!

Can't wait to hear about your stay at POFQ! And missed you on your last day!

And be glad you rode that surrey bike instead of running 10 miles over the weekend! Boy my legs were really sore after that! lol

And love that you had a few days to explore the resort and other resorts. I love those days! Its just alot of fun to do other things as well!

Can't wait to read the rest!!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
LOVE IT so far!!! And love the pictures of the Boardwalk that is my dream resort to stay there!!!!! That might just have to be saved for a special trip though ;). So thank you for the pictures and the review!!!

Can't wait to hear about your stay at POFQ! And missed you on your last day!

And be glad you rode that surrey bike instead of running 10 miles over the weekend! Boy my legs were really sore after that! lol

And love that you had a few days to explore the resort and other resorts. I love those days! Its just alot of fun to do other things as well!

Can't wait to read the rest!!!

Glad you liked the pictures :)

POFQ was... oh wait I can't tell you YET...

I do NOT run...bad hip and bad knee..lol..darn air force ruined me!

Yes the 3 days of no parks were awesome.. the kids especially had a ball!!

donaldtoo

Howdy! New member here. First post.

Great TR so far!
Glad y'all liked AoA. We ( Myself, DW, DD 18, DS 19, DD 21, + another family of 5 and 2 BFF's + oldest DD's BF - now finace': he proposed to her in front of the Castle on her 21st b-day)stayed in 2 family suites in the Cars section for a week in July. We LOVED it! Wish you would have been able to check out the food court - it's really somethin'. Create your own Omelet, create your own pasta, Mongolian BBQ. I had a "Surf and Surf Burger" one day for lunch - a crab cake covered with fried shrimp - it was awesome!

Keep it comin'...!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom