TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

DisneyDebNJ

I have to share. Taejan just woke up and he tells me he has a plan. " You know how we went one year til Disney this time, well next time we can go 2 years then the next 3 and then we can go to Georgia when we arent going to Disney"..hee hee. We told them we were not going back for 3 years. The younger two have no idea we are going back in Sept ( God willing)..and our plan was to tell them we were going to visit my friend in GA since we can't afford Disney again..bonus is if we really can't afford it we will go to GA anyway..lol. It was just too cute how Taejan had this "plan" all set for me!
tell him to come down next Oct when we are there ;)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Alrighty..here we go... we are finally ready to head to MK.. yes that's right..we are going to hop a bus to MK and this time..we are going to actually ENTER THE PARK..I know right? Amazing!

So as anyone who read my last TR and/or this trips pre-trip report knows, we never rode Dumbo last year <GASP>..yes that's correct people.. we spent 3 days in Magic Kingdom and never made it on! I blame the weather, the crazy people we traveled with and most of all my son's psycho then girlfriend!

Anyway.. the 6 other people with me knew that Dumbo was to be the first thing we rode, no one was going to do anything else until I had ridden it!

We got on the bus..made it to MK..oh and no stroller..have I mentioned no stroller.. well NO STROLLER for Taejan..oh yeah baby!! Makes the busses, the turnstiles and pretty much every other part of WDW better!

All our tickets worked ( yes..I worry) and soon we were IN.. and this was my view:
010_zpsa0a23016.jpg

and I giggled and I teared up..then I grabbed a Photopass photographer and demanded a picture..ok I calmly handed her my PhotoPass+ card...lol
Photo0001FourBySix_zps8329d36d.jpg

then we headed off to Dumbo.. I was so excited..I think the rest of the family was..or at least they all knew to fake it!

On the way we ran into this..
011_zpsa2cccbb7.jpg

012_zps57aca936.jpg

and oh my..I am so excited to see this when it's done!
013_zpsab25175a.jpg

Finally!
015_zpsd911e9a7.jpg

It was hot and the new indoor queue was a welcome addition.. my kids had a blast and it was so easy to sit and keep our eye on the kids!
016_zpsa18dc68b.jpg

Love the beeper things:
017_zps8d4e2847.jpg

018_zps411af9ec.jpg

Our turn..yeppie!!
019_zpscd5fc85a.jpg

I rode alone..Noah n Declan rode together and then my mom and Taejan and Eric and Ziah:
020_zpsa2c3eb56.jpg

See Noah and Declan down low..their Dumbo wasn't working..
021_zps4cdc5d50.jpg

So we did the one and only MUST DO of the entire trip..I was happy..

Up next.. we split up!

YoungNY

Just catching up. Loving it so far. I really want to get on Dumbo, but I thought it'd be weird for an adult to get on without kids. Maybe next time.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Alison, seriously Oct is awesome!! Plus lots of wdwmagic brothers and sisters who are there, PLUS Food and Wine!!! (just sayin) LOL

LOL.. Oct is not really possible for us because of my hubby's job.. I would love Oct but mid Sept was really nice too.

Alison1975

Original Poster
After Dumbo, Noah and Declan took off on their own. Last year Noah spent 10 days in WDW and rode almost no rides because his then GF didn't like heat, crowds or rides.. yeah.. have I mentioned she was a waste of space? This year he's 18 and free..he decided to spend the rest of the day touring with Declan ( proud mommy moment here!). Off they went..I honestly don't know what they did... but here's what the rest of us did:
After Dumbo we hopped on the train ( love the "new" station) because Eric never rode this last year. We got off and headed right to Splash..posted wait was 25 minutes ( prolly took 20). We got in line ( much to Taejan's displeasure I might add)..
022_zps94aa2d41.jpg

023_zpse13b5bce.jpg

Notice Ziah's face? This little ( and she is very tiny for her almost 9 year old self..only in a size 6x or 7) girl is a thrill ride junkie.. she kills me!
Photo0007FourBySix_zps84394ac0.jpg

Yet I can not convince her she's a little to big for this place:
024_zps4b9da1d0.jpg

After splash we headed over to ride Pirates..but it was down...we opted for the Tiki Room..yes people..we actually LIKE this show.. and it's about 1000 times better than it was ..
025_zps4327ddce.jpg

The kids wanted to use their snack credit on frozen lemonade ( did I mention is was HOT).. so we did that..yummy:
026_zps4eb1c926.jpg

At this point I texted Noah to see where they were..but before I could even hit send they walked right by us..needless to say I flagged em down..they had been doing Sorcerer missions ( Declan is a mission/task junkie):
027_zps57e0b18b.jpg

By now Pirates was back open and was a walk on.. we got in a boat with 3 fools taking flash pictures... I put up with it for about 1/2 the ride then I finally said something.. the flash pictures ended..yeah me!
After Pirates we decided to hit up Jungle Cruise.. was about a 15/20 minute wait which flew by. One of the CM's started a rousing "sing along" to "if your happy and you know"..it was hysterical..we def enjoyed that wait.. we got a good skipper.. this is a ride I can only do once a trip..I wish the corny jokes had some variance..
028_zps91ef0c0f.jpg

No picture of the next few things..I warned you all I was hit or miss on my picture taking! Eric and I and the kids did the Swiss Family Treehouse..my mother did not ( the heat and being up since 3am was getting to her).. then we all went over to the Hall of Presidents..which my mouthy 7 year old was NOT happy about and had a few not nice things to say about it. Of course once the show started the little pain loved it..lol.. darn kid is going to be the death of me! BUT so far no meltdowns and no complaining about walking..so I'll take a little mouth ( well he's loud and doesnt care who hears him.. sigh).
I so did not want to go back into the heat after the Presidents but I did..and we headed off to Haunted Mansion..my #1 fave ride.. another one Taejan was NOT going on ..hee hee..um yeah yeah ya are son..let's go!
there was a 5min wait, the kids wanted to go thru the cemetery so make that about 7..
029_zps987a720e.jpg

As always it was a great time.. we then headed over to It's a Small World.. a MUST do..at least once ( and NEVER more than once..ack) a trip.. Taejan..for some really odd reason, loves this one. I def think his mind is wired different than mine..
030_zps6b6f57e7.jpg

031_zps3b751054.jpg

Ziah likes it too..just not exactly as much as her brother!
032_zpsd4c09c12.jpg

033_zps087a99ce.jpg

598777_10151107193861655_194723544_n.jpg

Once that torture ,I mean ride, was over we rode another form of torture..at least for me.. the Carousel..I don't like spinning..at all..at any speed..but I did it!For some reason rides like Dumbo don't bother me but any carousel does..I'm weird I know!
Noah texted me and they were on the People Mover and we still had an hour until our ADR so we did Philharmagic. After that we met up with Noah and Declan and headed over to CRT. We got in line to check in and I overheard a family that was trying to get in to eat. They were here on free dining but had made no ADR's.. there was no way they were getting into CRT.. I feel so bad for people that don't know they ropes.
Up next.. Dinner with the girls!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Oh right as we entered the castle is looked like rain..bad rain.. apparently it poured while we ate..we totally avoided it!

We got all checked into CRT..waited to get our picture done. We decided to just have the 3 little ones in the picture. Since we had PhotoPass+ we were going to get 2 sets of prints so we did one of just Ziah with Cinderella.

Now mind you,my daughter is not "into" Princesses..never has been a day in her life. I didn't book CRT last year because of that. Well when we were discussing restaurants for this trip she said she wanted to eat in the castle..so I made it happen! We ate there last in 1999 so it's been awhile..lol

034_zpsdc504c2a.jpg

Cinderella looks exactly like a grown up version of one of our dancers at the studio ( family owns a dance studio..hence why all my kids dance..lol).. and that dancer just happens to be one of Taejan's many crushes.. he was in awe.
Photo0014FourBySix_zpsbc89ce98.jpg

Photo0018FourBySix_zps4e8d0891.jpg

After pictures we waited for our invitation. After our last name was butchered ( as it is everywhere..its really not a hard name..but only has one vowel and a Z so people just can not deal with that..lol) we headed upstairs

035_zps65811e60.jpg

Our waitress handed out a wand to Ziah and gave the boys swords.. she asked Noah if he wanted one too..well of course..he may be a legal adult but he's a big ole 4 year old in Disney..lol
036_zps16cbdefe.jpg

037_zps1ab7605e.jpg

I'm not the type to take pictures of the food..it was yummy. For whatever reason I wasn't expecting much from this meal..but I was pleasantly surprised...it was yummy! We had a long wait for the Princesses.. we were def at the end of the circuit and they had just started when we sat down..ugh ( not gonna be the last time either). It's all good and we ate without disruption.

For this meal Ziah was celebrating her 9th birthday ( which is actually Oct 28th)..each kiddo got to pick a meal and have it be their bday meal!
039_zps944428f1.jpg

Finally we started seeing Princesses..and it became very apparent that Sir Taejan was lovestruck..ga ga,in awe.. that boy does love his girls..lol. He prefers brunettes though so Aurora didn't receive as much adoration.

Snow.. who happened to be Noahs fave in 1999..he was also ga ga over the girls back in the day ( wait nothings changed!)
040_zpsf140e96a.jpg

SInce we dont have autograph books this year our interactions tend to be very quick..but Aurora took time to really chat with Ziah:

041_zps615ac39f.jpg

and of course to see if the other boys had any interest.. oh how I love watching the girls get to Declan..lol
042_zps8ee46aae.jpg

044_zps75f3cddc.jpg

Ariel is one of Ziahs favorites, if she had to pick a favorite princess that is!
045_zpsf2938d9c.jpg

Belle..well this Belle was awesome.. and Taejan was goo over her.. oh my that boy loved Belle!
046_zpsc618f6d6.jpg

047_zpsbee6272c.jpg

Once we were done we all headed out..well actually Noah left about 10 minutes before us. He was beat from the flight and the day and wanted to get back to the room.

048_zpscf8b944b.jpg

it was getting mighty close to parade time. We bolted, only to find a roped off walkway..the CM let us out ( at the bottom of the front of the castle) and we each grabbed a kid and got the heck out of dodge. Our typical MO when leaving a crowded main street is we each grab a kid and just go...we don't worry about staying together. We all know how to get to the bus stop.lol.

We ended up meeting up with Noah at the bus stop. We dragged our very tired selves to our room and crashed.

So we have now been in WDW for 4 days and we have yet to buy a poncho.. so far a mighty change from last year..but would that continue??

Up next.. Hollywood Studios!

Alison1975

Original Poster
As I get ready to write about day 2 in the parks I realize we took very few pictures and I wrote no notes...ack.. please be prepared .. I think its partly because we were in all of our least favorite park...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom