TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I just got a voicemail ( was teaching the kids so I don't answer the phone) from Disney. When we returned I email guest services. I simply wanted them to know the crowd levels at MNSSHP meant we missed a few things..nothing major.. I wasn't complaining it was more a " just so ya know this was was less than perfect..but still great"..kwim? I stated we were going to be in Disney in Sept again and we were not sure we would do MNSSP again due to the cost factor verses what we were able to do. I am not sure I am going to call back #1 I hate the phone..I do much better in written word or face to face. #2 I don't WANT anything other than them to know kwim? I still feel the fireworks and parade made the night worth it( and I told them that). Will we do it again? Honestly not sure... the money was worth it for the night once..not sure I'd be willing to spend it again though.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Cue the crying now.. this is it..last day at the parks.. I'm double sadder now than I was then..it's crazy!

now I had already packed the car..except the clothes we would need that day and the next.. so all our stuff was set except one last small load of laundry. I hate coming home to a ton of laundry!

We headed to the park and had promised Declan he could so some missions.. We went to the firehouse and got our sets of cards..CM had some issues with our key cards ( the actual key card not the room key cards..lol) but soon had it all sorted out.

We had promised Taejan he could ride Barnstormer..again!
Yeah..I let them climb this.. totally not my style but it was our last day and I was in mourning ...
001_zpsc4f33b5b.jpg

Rode it twice.. then we realized we had not yet ridden Pooh. This is a "classic" for me. I remember when they first put this ride in. Noah and I rode it like 15 times in a row one early entry morning.. good memories! There was a PP photographer in the play area so I handed over my PP+ card!
Photo0198FourBySix_zpsc9ac7bbf.jpg

002_zpsc7d31f1c.jpg

Photo0199FourBySix_zpsd3eacc2f.jpg

Photo0200FourBySix_zps170f5cc9.jpg

Photo0201FourBySix_zps57bd12d0.jpg

Photo0202FourBySix_zps367a9b60.jpg

The honey walls were neat. We didn't see them last year because we used FP.. Sometimes I like Standby just to see this extra stuff!
003_zps57d00ffa.jpg

004_zps54e918ba.jpg

After pooh we split up..Eric took Declan to do some missions and my mom and I took the other 2 to eat at Pinocchio Haus ( sp?).

Then...

Alison1975

Original Poster
After we ate I wanted one last ride on Haunted Mansion..even after about 15 times this trip I still notice something different every time. We got stopped in the Graveyard for a good 5 minutes..right by the first dog. After that we kinda just wandered a bit...ALMOST made it to ride this:
005_zps0e5a5015.jpg

but I guess not this trip either... 4 trips and we've ridden it once.. lol..

We tried to go ride Splash but it was down so we hopped the train back to Fantasyland and got the kids some ice cream.

007_zps202a6d6d.jpg

Happy 7 year old with his rootbeer float:
008_zpsbace23a8.jpg

At this point Ziah wanted to ride Space Mountain.. I was HOPING Eric and Declan would b back...

on the way we saw these guys..and took advantage of them just walking. It was like one of those special moments because Taejan just ran up to Tigger like they show in the commercials.. it was perfect!
009_zpsb408f141.jpg

So now we are dangerously close to SPace Mountain and Eric and Declan are not done.. this was it..I was gonna have to be brave and ride the darn thing..seriously? I hate this ride..hate it.. but my 4 foot 43 pound almost 9 year old loves it..so her much bigger baby of a mom needed to suck it up!

no wait.. seriously..took longer to walk the queue than anything!
011_zpsee5490f9.jpg

I think I pulled off the "This ride doesnt bother me" pose eh? Meanwhile inside my big ole head I was screaming..lol..did I mention I hate this ride?
Photo0203FourBySix_zpsc5c170cf.jpg

We get done and My mom and Taejan had gotten on People Mover..and apparently so had Eric and Declan and guess what? It was stopped.. as in dead stopped and CM's walking the track. Ut oh..that doesn't look or sound good..so what did my daughter and I do?

Why we said sorry suckers.. we outta here!
Photo0204FourBySix_zps8b945437.jpg

We got off Buzz and they had just gotten the People Mover working..see we didn't miss anything more than waiting around..lol. I guess Taejan offered to the CM's to go help fix it.. that boy can fix anything..afterall he plans to be a real Imagineer one day right?

Declan wanted to show us one last mission before Lunch... so off we went...

Up next..um..I don't remember

popcenturylover

So I just got a voicemail ( was teaching the kids so I don't answer the phone) from Disney. When we returned I email guest services. I simply wanted them to know the crowd levels at MNSSHP meant we missed a few things..nothing major.. I wasn't complaining it was more a " just so ya know this was was less than perfect..but still great"..kwim? I stated we were going to be in Disney in Sept again and we were not sure we would do MNSSP again due to the cost factor verses what we were able to do. I am not sure I am going to call back #1 I hate the phone..I do much better in written word or face to face. #2 I don't WANT anything other than them to know kwim? I still feel the fireworks and parade made the night worth it( and I told them that). Will we do it again? Honestly not sure... the money was worth it for the night once..not sure I'd be willing to spend it again though.
We totally feel the same way! The fireworks & parade were great & we thought that the Haunted Mansion was extra creepy. It was so crowded though that it was hard to really enjoy it. It was, like you said; worth it for one time but, I don't think we'll do it again!

Blueskyze

LOVE your pics of the parade!! Awesome. Big smile on my face from remembering how great it was...I think I may have to go You Tube it now, even though that means I'll have the song in my head for the next week! :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
We totally feel the same way! The fireworks & parade were great & we thought that the Haunted Mansion was extra creepy. It was so crowded though that it was hard to really enjoy it. It was, like you said; worth it for one time but, I don't think we'll do it again!

yep..I still haven't called them back. I probably won't..I dont want anything free..I got my money's worth kwim? I just wanted them to realize.

ExtinctJenn

I have to tell you... it's absolutely hilarious and adorable that your daughter so obviously knows where the on-ride shots are taken and poses for them. The SM one totally gets me though because even after all the times I've ridden it I still can't remember where they do that. LOL!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I have to tell you... it's absolutely hilarious and adorable that your daughter so obviously knows where the on-ride shots are taken and poses for them. The SM one totally gets me though because even after all the times I've ridden it I still can't remember where they do that. LOL!

I know right? She rode it 3 times and totally knew!

Alison1975

Original Poster
We headed on over to do a mission on Main St ( ahhhh)..but I wanted a few pictures:
Photo0205FourBySix_zps82ac44c6.jpg

the sun def hindered these pictures!
Photo0212FourBySix_zps646b0d1d.jpg

Declan started this mission and quickly quit..he had already done it!
012_zpsdf9064a4.jpg

We had some time to waste before our ADR's so we walked over to AdventureLand:

See Taejan..well being the rotten mom I am I tried to gently guide him into the path of the spray and ended up getting it smack in the face..yep..that's karma for ya..lol
013_zpsce5bcfda.jpg

The pirate thing ( what is this again??) was going on and we were watching. When Capt. Jack was getting more little pirates I nicely guided Taejan into the show..go MOM!
Photo0344FourBySix_zpsd3bf7821.jpg

015_zps5b2edf8e.jpg

018_zps24cb8dc4.jpg

019_zpsf5e092a1.jpg

Photo0355FourBySix_zps7d5b6e7c.jpg

021_zps41e5d137.jpg

After that it was time for Crystal Palace. I need to be upfront..i did NOT want to eat here. Last year was NOT good and I had no desire for a repeat. But my sweet little girl begged. See when we went to CP last year it was my Bday ( 21st of course) and she was not feeling well. She feels like she ruined my bday ( not so believe me)...so she wanted a redo!

happy girl!
022_zps357f7d2a.jpg

Ha ha.. yep..caught him shoving his face full..just wanted you to all know he still existed and was with us. He just did his own thing for most of the trip. Last time that kid comes on my dime let me tell ya!
023_zpseb25be5d.jpg

025_zps10b7f768.jpg

026_zpse511afba.jpg

See the kids behind us on the right? one dad 3 small kids ( mom was somewhere..she came back)..characters showed up and the kids all flipped out.. oh my heart went out to that poo guy!
030_zps73496a33.jpg

Best part of the meal..actually think the filling may well have been all I ate.. not impressed with CP..the food choices are not great!
032_zpsd2dacb31.jpg

Piglet got the kids behind us all upset again..good thing mom ( see her?) was back to help that dad!

035_zpsf08faa3b.jpg

038_zps1cb7eb56.jpg

We were done and ready to head out...

Up next...the last post..so long Disney!

Alison1975

Original Poster
This is it.. the last post in the TR~
We left CP and headed thru the Emporium where Ziah got these:
039_zpsbe1a639f.jpg

then we said goodbye:
040_zps68ca0650.jpg

We hopped a bus and headed back to POFQ. We let the kids play at the playground
046_zps781f5d8b.jpg

and swim:
043_zps38088932.jpg

we ate, made sure we had everything.. went and watched the movie under the stars:
Cellphone006_zpsc59ca6a7.jpg

then crashed. Noah and My mom had to be out for DMN at 5:45am.
Thursday Sept 27th.. I got up and walked out with my mom and Noah. I am mighty impressed with all that is going on at 5:35 am..lol.. painting, upkeep etc. The got on their bus and they were off. I went back to the room and laid down til the kids got up. We packed up , walked to PORS to shop in their bigger gift shop and then by 10:30am we were heading North.
We got to my friends house outside of Savannah and spent the next few days swimming,in Savannah, chilling and just enjoying life. Sunday Sept 30th at 7:30 am we hit the road home. We had a great drive ( except for the fact I lost our 2nd set of van keys..somewhere..we think they ended up in the garbage in GA). we rolled into our driveway at 12:05AM on October 1st.
So the trip was amazing..really.. almost couldnt have been better..and given the variables we had..it was better than I thought it could be. Taejan walked the whole time..never once complained about it. So NOT stroller was HUGE and awesome. By the last few days of the trip we were not even carrying the backpack..the kids are older..they just dont need "stuff" anymore.
No ponchos..nope..we didn't buy them didn't need them..huge change from last year eh? heck the trip was almost so drama free it was boring at times..LOL
So we are planning to go back..we are booked.. we are paying it off..so look for my PTR for that trip soon!
Thank you to all that read this.. almost 18k hits on this..amazing!

ExtinctJenn

Awesome ending! Of course it's always sad but man let me tell ya... you had what I'd call a dream trip! You did everything and then some and the kids seemed to be smiling the entire time! Sure the "adult" kid may not have been around but y'know what? They need that just as much as you do! LOL! It stinks that it's over but you're booked to go again so hold onto that! You're 2 steps ahead of me (got to go in 2012 and booked already for another). LOL!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom