"Theme" your trips?

Does anyone else create themes for their trips? Since we have gone several times, we try to make each trip special by creating a "theme".

For example, last year we did "Stop and smell the flowers" - we tried to find stuff in advance (clothes, accessories, hats) to wear to the parks with flowers on them (at least I did - hubby didn't play along!); once we got to the parks we looked for pins, stickers, toys, that had our "flower" theme. I wore roses in my hair. Got my face painted with flowers. And we got photos around the parks of us 'stopping to smell' the flowers.

This year we are doing a dinosaur theme...That should be fun! Rarr!

After each trip I typically make a scrapbook page or shadow box from our trip with photos and small keepsakes from each trip. Makes it easier to remember each trip individually too.

Other themes we have done:
Safari Adventure
Toontown Clownin' Around
Under the Sea Life
True Love (Disney couples)

Mukta

Somehow at the end of each trip, a theme becomes clear.
In 2009, I took my Mom to WDW. At the end of our trip, the theme was clearly 'animal fights'. We saw at least 1 or 2 animals fighting each other every day and we started to look for them. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Does anyone else create themes for their trips? Since we have gone several times, we try to make each trip special by creating a "theme".

For example, last year we did "Stop and smell the flowers" - we tried to find stuff in advance (clothes, accessories, hats) to wear to the parks with flowers on them (at least I did - hubby didn't play along!); once we got to the parks we looked for pins, stickers, toys, that had our "flower" theme. I wore roses in my hair. Got my face painted with flowers. And we got photos around the parks of us 'stopping to smell' the flowers.

After each trip I typically make a scrapbook page or shadow box from our trip with photos and small keepsakes from each trip. Makes it easier to remember each trip individually too.

Safari Adventure
Toontown Clownin' Around
Under the Sea Life
We sure do!! This year is *now for something completely different*. This year we have a few *traditional* things but have to try 2 new experiences per day. Last trip, was *remember when*, recreating past memories. Trip before that, we learned how to say Hello, Thank You and Goodnite in all the languages of countries in WS.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Safari Adventure
Toontown Clownin' Around
Under the Sea Life

A very cute idea! we don't do theme but rather celebrations - i.e. are we for a holiday or for a celebration - birthday, anniversary, etc. So we theme around that.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

I love this idea!!!!! I think pirates will be our first theme next june since its both dd fave movie and we are taking their little brother for first time so finally get to indulge in boy interests and not all princesses ;) not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Upvote 0

sambres8

I've done something like this before to try to make each trip unique. On a recent 4 day trip, my brother and I went on every ride at all 4 parks (we qualified a ride as anything that physically moves you - so movies and other attractions didn't count, though we went on them if we had time). It was a success! He had to force me on mission space though... It was our very last ride and I was having second thoughts. Still, we persevered.

Upvote 0

CB2@disney

We do this kind of...We did "Mommey and Me" this was our first trip traveling somewhere after becoming just us. Next was "The Force is with us" this was a Star Wars Weekend trip... then the last one was "Our Halloween Land and Sea Adventure." this trip we stayed a WDW went out on the Disney Dream and Celebrated Halloween on Halloween night in MK. Our next trip is "Mother and Son starting the year right" We are going NYE night and staying a week.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Very cute idea!!

We sometimes do specific things on our trip, but I don't know if they are themes. One year we decided to hidden mickey hunt rather than trying to hit every attraction. One year we dedicated our trip to finding "hidden secrets" around the parks & resorts. Last year my goal was to photograph as many signs as I could (at least ones that were interesting), and I ended up with a lot of cool stuff.

We've also had a "celebrating our first pregnancy" trip, our honeymoon, first & second anniversaries, and now baby's first trip coming up. I like your very specific themes though, I'll have to give that a try sometime!

Upvote 0

jimogi

we do something similar each trip, we take along as much Scottish themed items everything from wallets, t-shirts to car aerial toppers :)!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
neat idea, we road tripped to WDW last summer and since we were driving through a lot of Southern states we decided to stay at POR since it is themed like the Old South.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom