Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

lazyboy97o

Do they make any effort to try to distinguish between the two? So if a healthy non symptomatic person dies in a car accident WITH Covid 19 he gets lumped into the same category as the 80+ year old that died because of it?
The whole thing of “Dying with COVID“ is made up. It is either people misunderstanding the complexities of death and long established norms or intentionally trying to downplay the number of deaths.

Cause of death is determined primarily by doctors but also by medical examiners and coroners. In some cases, like a serious accident, other first responders are allowed to pronounce death. Ever heard the urban legend that nobody dies at Disneyland? This is why, not because of some shady actions by Disney but because the doctors who declare death are not there but at the hospitals. It’s why you’ll read news stories about someone in a traumatic event being transported but being declared dead on arrival.

The supposed motivation for people being labeled COVID, additional money from the federal government, also doesn’t follow any sense. Doctors in a hospital are not paid per diagnosis and not all patients have Medicare or Medicaid. If they were, then this would have been a problem sooner because treatment for heartburn isn’t the same cost as treatment for a heart attack. Even among the elderly who have Medicare, they don’t all die of the most expensive thing on this reimbursement list. This though is all fraud and defrauding the federal government is illegal. Doctors risk their license and penalties if they are intentionally misdiagnosing patients and doing it for money would be even more charges. Would you commit a crime for your boss? Would you commit a crime for your boss where they get all of the benefits (the money) but you carry all of the risk of prosecution?

Now yes, there have been notable clerical errors where someone was improperly counted. These cases are statistically insignificant. They’re not happened at the level of hundreds of thousands of cases to explain away current tallies of COVID deaths and excess deaths.

Disneyland68

How were restaurants? Any availability without reservations?

Overall how were wait times for the rides? I'll be going in 10 days!!!!!
Aloha,

For WDW, had to check on a daily basis for cancellations using the WDW site. Started searching at the 21-day mark. I think you will do well. You're timing is excellent. Right between Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I was unable to get a reservation using the WDW site for a Disney Springs restaurant, I called the restaurant or did Open Table to nab a reservation. Magic Bands worked well. Counter Service restaurants prefer mobile ordering but you can go straight to the cashier. Restaurants out in town were open without problems. Loved Shake Shack and Chick Fil A. There not in HI.
My family's favorite Disney Springs restaurants were The Boat House (seafood), Morimoto Asia (Japanese) and House of Blues (southern). Really enjoyed Disney Springs atmosphere. Best shopping was the pair of Outlet Malls. Stay away from the malls. Visited both and C19 precautions were horrendous. About 33% of people not using masks with few sanitizing stations.
Greatly disappointed with MK's Be Our Guest. It took some effort but we finally got a nice table. But it was incredibly over priced. IMHO, DLP has better counter service restaurants. Depending upon your taste buds, MK's Liberty Tree Tavern and Wilderness Whispering Canyon Cafe were excellent. We stayed at Contemporary Resort (CR) which allowed us to walk to MK.
Remember...the parks open 45' prior to official opening. For MK, we left CR at 8 AM (for a 9 AM official park opening) and walked to MK before the buses and Monorail started. For AK with a 8 AM official opening, we got in line for a WDW bus at 6:30. Bus arrived at 6:50 and we were at the park at 7. Park opened at 7:15. For DHS, they don't allow anyone in the parking lot until 45'-60' prior to official park opening. The secret is to make a mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery, take Uber (if not staying at the Crescent resorts) and pick up your order 90' prior to official park opening. Walk from Boardwalk to DHS. DHS has six medical screening tents. Four to the far left and two to the far right. Go to the four to the far left. Lines are shorter and straight shot into the parks.
RD is a must if you want to avoid long lines. Lines are shortest two hours at opening and two hour prior to closing. Good luck!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The supposed motivation for people being labeled COVID, additional money from the federal government, also doesn’t follow any sense. Doctors in a hospital are not paid per diagnosis and not all patients have Medicare or Medicaid. If they were, then this would have been a problem sooner because treatment for heartburn isn’t the same cost as treatment for a heart attack. Even among the elderly who have Medicare, they don’t all die of the most expensive thing on this reimbursement list. This though is all fraud and defrauding the federal government is illegal. Doctors risk their license and penalties if they are intentionally misdiagnosing patients and doing it for money would be even more charges. Would you commit a crime for your boss? Would you commit a crime for your boss where they get all of the benefits (the money) but you carry all of the risk of prosecution?
Indeed.

Not to mention three other facts that make the misdiagnosis hoax a product of idiocy...

1. The number of people who die each year is pretty stable. The number of car crashes, the number of heart attacks, the number succumbing to cancer, etc are relatively stable year after year. A particularly bad flu season might be another 10,000 people for the year. But this year, we have excess deaths in the U.S. of over 300,000, which makes the diagnosis of COVID deaths *underreported*, not over reported.

2. The supposed motive for misdiagnosis is extra money from the U.S. Federal Government helping hospitals recoup their expenses from overtime and very expensive ICUs. But if that is the case... then why is the pandemic *world-wide*? The U.S. Government doesn't give Russia or Rwanda extra money for COVID deaths.

3. Consider a couple in which one of them has diabetes. Both catch COVID and both die from it. According to these misdiagnosis hoaxers, only the one who didn't have diabetes *really died* from COVID. The one whose death certificate lists diabetes and COVID, according to these dolts, didn't really die from COVID. Supreme idiocy.

TP2000

Aloha,

Wanted to share with y'all my family's reaction to Gov. Newsom's shut downs. In short, our $$$$ was diverted from CA to FL. Our DL summer and Christmas vacations unfortunately got cancelled. So we packed our bags and flew to Orlando for the last half of November. My wife and I flew RT from HNL and our pair of children joined us from college for seven days during their Thanksgiving break. The four of us enjoyed the parks for six days and WDW resort for eight days. My wife and I enjoyed Orlando shopping and dinning for four days. We all returned safely. Wife and I tested negative for C19 and were exempted from any HI quarantine.
My IT savvy son (while lying in bed at 7 AM) nabbed ROTR BGs both days attending DHS. The SWGE rides were great. But for us, SWGE lacked any appeal, was too much concrete and not enough green or water. Definitely better at night. Don't know how anyone could withstand Orlando summer heat and humidity attending SWGE. MMRR exceeded my expectations. I would rate a D ticket ride. It will be a big hit at DL once it and DL opens.
FOP at AK was awesome. Basically Soarin' on steroids. Our favorite ride. Pandora was spectacular. Jumped on Safaris early AM and observed the animals eating breakfast. Perfect timing.
Skipped Epcot. MK was a disappointment to me because I'm a DL fanatic. MK just fails to measure up to DL's standards. DL is still King in my book.
MK, DHS and AK were all open 45' prior to official park opening. We RD all six days and were ahead of the crowd. Had a our greatest success at AK and MK. DHS is just too small. By one hour after official park opening all of the rides (about seven) are significantly packed.
Overall, the experience was much needed and greatly appreciated. WDW did an exceptional job with C19 precautions. Parks felt like only 35% occupancy. The deluxe resorts were lightly attended. Not meant to upset anyone, but IMHO, I totally disagree with Gov. Newsom's shut downs. You can't control a virus. Herd immunity has always been nature's best answer to a virus. Life goes on. Don't be afraid but be smart. Yes, 250K people have died with C19, but 99% of people with C19 have recovered. We can't allow C19 to shut down our lives, jobs, careers, way of life, financial security, happiness, family reunions and mental sanity.

Can't wait for DLP to re-open. Gosh how I miss it!

Fabulous trip report and update! Thank you!

Out of curiosity, are there still Delta non-stops from HNL to Atlanta? And then you changed planes to MCO? What's the flight arrangement? I see Hawaiian Airlines now has a non-stop from Boston to HNL, but I don't think Hawaiian flies to Atlanta, do they?

I had mulled a 2021 trip to WDW because it's been years since I've been now. But my big draw for going to WDW is Epcot, and Epcot is a mess now with paused construction and delayed/cancelled projects, etc.

So I am looking at a Norwegian fjord cruise on Viking instead for my next big trip. I had initially planned a Japan excursion for '21 purposely waiting until well after the Olympics, but that timetable is all screwed up now too. Still, I'm glad your family had such a fun trip to Florida and WDW! Isn't it amazing how an American can fly halfway around the globe and still be in the good 'ol USA?!?

TP2000

This news just broke a few hours ago. It's not at all surprising, but there it is. Mr. Musk has also made comments that he is looking longer-term to move the last California car factory to Nevada, and move his SpaceX division entirely to Texas.

I have no doubt that Elon Musk and his various companies will be long gone from this state by the mid 2020's, which is notable because he was California's tech poster boy in the 2010's.

All that said, you couldn't pay me to move to Texas. Idaho or Utah, maybe.

But Texas? Bugs the size of baking potatoes!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This news just broke a few hours ago. It's not at all surprising, but there it is. Mr. Musk has also made comments that he is looking longer-term to move the last California car factory to Nevada, and move his SpaceX division entirely to Texas.

I have no doubt that Elon Musk and his various companies will be long gone from this state by the mid 2020's, which is notable because he was California's tech poster boy in the 2010's.

With his money, I'd move to whatever jurisdiction gave me the most freedoms and build my paradise bubble there and surround it with ten thousand bug zappers if I needed to.

Disneyland68

Fabulous trip report and update! Thank you!

Out of curiosity, are there still Delta non-stops from HNL to Atlanta? And then you changed planes to MCO? What's the flight arrangement? I see Hawaiian Airlines now has a non-stop from Boston to HNL, but I don't think Hawaiian flies to Atlanta, do they?

I had mulled a 2021 trip to WDW because it's been years since I've been now. But my big draw for going to WDW is Epcot, and Epcot is a mess now with paused construction and delayed/cancelled projects, etc.

So I am looking at a Norwegian fjord cruise on Viking instead for my next big trip. I had initially planned a Japan excursion for '21 purposely waiting until well after the Olympics, but that timetable is all screwed up now too. Still, I'm glad your family had such a fun trip to Florida and WDW! Isn't it amazing how an American can fly halfway around the globe and still be in the good 'ol USA?!?
Aloha Sir,

Flew United. Frequent Flyer with the Friendly Skies. Due to C19, flight selections have been greatly reduced. Inbound: HNL-DEN-IAH-MCO. Outbound: MCO-IAH-SFO-HNL. Could have flown with less stops but didn't want to get up at 2 am for a 6 am go. Departed MCO at noon. Arrived at HNL at 10 pm. Had to fly overnight redeye from HNL going west to east.

My family flew to a pair of red states this year. The difference is 180 compared to living at a Hawaii (blue state). Everything is open and free. People are using C19 precautions but no shut downs. About close to normal as we can expect with C19. Very refreshing to enjoy freedom.

Good luck with your travel plans. Hopefully everything will settle down by summer 2021 and we can return to the old normal.

TP2000

Aloha Sir,

Flew United. Frequent Flyer with the Friendly Skies. Due to C19, flight selections have been greatly reduced. Inbound: HNL-DEN-IAH-MCO. Outbound: MCO-IAH-SFO-HNL. Could have flown with less stops but didn't want to get up at 2 am for a 6 am go. Departed MCO at noon. Arrived at HNL at 10 pm. Had to fly overnight redeye from HNL going west to east.

My family flew to a pair of red states this year. The difference is 180 compared to living at a Hawaii (blue state). Everything is open and free. People are using C19 precautions but no shut downs. About close to normal as we can expect with C19. Very refreshing to enjoy freedom.

Good luck with your travel plans. Hopefully everything will settle down by summer 2021 and we can return to the old normal.

Mahalo for that info! But wow, you deserve a free back massage after that four-stop itinerary!

I've mentioned it on this forum years ago, but one of my favorite 20th century flying memories was on United Airlines. It was around 1978-1980 on a big DC-10 or L1011 out of Sea-Tac flying to Honolulu, and after the meal service the stewardesses rolled a cart down the aisle draped in linens and fresh flowers. On top of the cart was this fake volcano with dry ice fog wafting down its flanks, and the stewardesses used this volcano contraption to serve freshly made ice cream sundaes out of at your seat. Set into the flanks of the volcano were little glass bowls where the nuts and hot fudge and cherries and whipped cream were dished up for you by the stewardess, per your instructions for extra hot fudge and an extra cherry. United had obviously built these sundae volcanoes purposely for those Honolulu flights, and it was such a dramatic and fun thing that I remember it vividly 40 years later as if it was last week! 🤣

Now everyone on a plane just stares at their phones silently with noise-cancelling headphones on for six hours. :(

It's been years since I've been to Honolulu, I'm on Maui or Kauai when our 50th State calls my name now. But I still have fond memories of staying at the gracious Halekulani, being a dorky tourist at the International Marketplace, seeing Don Ho perform at that huge Sheraton, etc. It's a truly wonderful place!

Last edited:

truecoat

It makes sense since the launch site is in Texas.

truecoat

Aloha Sir,

Freedom, right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom