The worst decision WDW ever made?

NickMaio

The worst decision for my family was WDW's pennywise and pound foolish monetizing of shorter wait times by introducing ILL/G+... while making changes to staffing and capacity that it knew would increase standby wait times, and structuring queues to ensure that standby guests would be able to see (and be demoralized by) just how many lightning lane guests were gaining priority access, all to further incentivize ILL/G+ purchases.

Of all the changes, downgrades, and cuts WDW has made in the 10+ years we've been visiting as a family, that was the one that eroded the quality and pleasantness of our visits the most, and broke the proverbial camel's back as far as us wanting to return. We have no desire to deal with the time-consuming hassle and extra expense of ILL/G+, and no desire to deal with the time-consuming hassle and [still hugely expensive] exercise of waiting in standby lines that WDW has intentionally made longer and slower -- either way, we lose.
Well said........

Mondo

I honestly think the removal of Splash Mountain may prove to cost Disney millions of dollars in lost revenue every year. As Foxx Nolte of Passport2Dreams once said, Disney’s core product is nostalgia. People remember that name, and it invokes images of a thrilling, refreshing splash on a beautiful day.

If Disney had changed the name to Tiana’s Splash Mountain, or Splash Mountain with Princess Tiana, this wouldn’t be as much of a problem, but to the uninvested casual it just appears as though there isn’t a flume ride anymore.

Jrb1979

The worst decision for my family was WDW's pennywise and pound foolish monetizing of shorter wait times by introducing ILL/G+... while making changes to staffing and capacity that it knew would increase standby wait times, and structuring queues to ensure that standby guests would be able to see (and be demoralized by) just how many lightning lane guests were gaining priority access, all to further incentivize ILL/G+ purchases.

Of all the changes, downgrades, and cuts WDW has made in the 10+ years we've been visiting as a family, that was the one that eroded the quality and pleasantness of our visits the most, and broke the proverbial camel's back as far as us wanting to return. We have no desire to deal with the time-consuming hassle and extra expense of ILL/G+, and no desire to deal with the time-consuming hassle and [still hugely expensive] exercise of waiting in standby lines that WDW has intentionally made longer and slower -- either way, we lose.
I disagree. I think G+/ILL was a good idea. I think they haven't gone far enough to cap it like the majority of other parks.

IMO the worst mistake is the IP mandate. Too much focus on putting IP into the parks even if it doesn't fit.

Minnesota disney fan

Our family feels the same way - no desire to go to this rendition of WDW at all.
Universal is our favorite theme park now, and we keep finding things we never saw on every trip. Love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom