The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

deix15x8

Tossing this here if you don't look in the MagicBand thread.

This was added this morning for Resort Guests/APs -

View attachment 583733View attachment 583734
Well that didn't last long. Hopefully they release some more in the next 2 weeks before my listed window to order runs out. Seems odd for them to sell out in a day when they know so many are looking for a 50th magic band for their upcoming trip and made it exclusive to that audience.

Figments Friend

Well that didn't last long. Hopefully they release some more in the next 2 weeks before my listed window to order runs out. Seems odd for them to sell out in a day when they know so many are looking for a 50th magic band for their upcoming trip and made it exclusive to that audience.

Wait, it's gone already.....?

😳

Whelp, guess I don't have to consider maybe getting one then.....
And I don't even use 'Bands'.

-

Cmdr_Crimson

Get ready to see massive lines at McDonald's once again to collect All 50 Disney Character toys starting mid September....The set is similar to DL's 50th set with a figure standing in front of a park attraction..
Pic Found on Rexoxer
mcdonalds-50th-2-5403231.jpg

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Remember a few years ago...when Disney decided it wanted to end its partnership with McDonald's because they no longer wanted to be a part of the fast food giant's campaign to 'fatten America's children'?
There was a big deal about it back at the time...lots of press.
My how things have changed.

But the 50th collection ...reminds me of the '101 Dalmatians' toy collection nightmare of trying to collect 'the set'....
😄

-

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Remember a few years ago...when Disney decided it wanted to end its partnership with McDonald's because it didn't want to be a part of the campaign to 'fatten America's children'?
There was a big deal about it back at the time...
My how things have changed.

But the 50th collection ...reminds me of the '101 Dalmatians' nightmare of trying to collect 'the set'....
😄

-
It would be better being a blind bag that way it will be more enticing to get...Then will see vloggers and tik tokkers struggling to get them all..

cheezbat

Get ready to see massive lines at McDonald's once again to collect All 50 Disney Character toys starting mid September....The set is similar to DL's 50th set with a figure standing in front of a park attraction..
Pic Found on Rexoxer
I’m guessing these are the 50 gold character statues we’ll see around the parks? If so, McDs blew the reveals for the statues lol

Figments Friend

There is no Figment or Orange Bird toys in the set..

Far too 'specialized'.....
These are made for targeting the general public, not uber fans.
Figment and Orange Bird just aren't as instantly recognizable to people who have never visited the Theme Parks.

Notice how the collection features many common characters, plus some totally unrelated yet strangely promoted characters.
Meant to push the branding 'synergy' as well as insure appeal with the public at large to promote the Parks.

-

brb1006

Pic Found on Rexoxer
I still own my Bambi weeble from Mcdonald's promotion for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary somewhere in my house. Sadly, my Mcdonald glass cup that featured Sorcerer Mickey (for The Millennium Celebration) has recently been broken. Thankfully, I still own the 100 Years Of Magic glass cup though.

brb1006

Figment and Orange Bird just aren't as instantly recognizable to people who have never visited the Theme Parks.

Notice how the collection features many common characters, plus some totally unrelated yet strangely promoted characters.
Meant to push the branding 'synergy' as well as insure appeal with the public at large to promote the Parks.

-
Funny you mentioned since there was a brief period where Disney attempted to make Figment more recognizable to the general public (outside of hardcore Disney fans) by making a series of edutainment videos that were sold exclusively to local schools between 1988-1989 by Disney Educational Media (under the Epcot Educational Media). Even further back was the launch of Disney Channel (then "The Disney Channel") with the unproduced "Dreamfinders" series back in 1983.

Inspired Figment

-
While I see your point, it still doesn’t make sense to me. It’s promoting ‘Walt Disney World’, isn’t it? Not just Disney in-itself or Disney +. What’s not appealing about WDW alone? You’d expect they’d have characters featured ‘in’ the parks. Who cares if someone doesn’t recognize that character right away. It doesn’t deem said character to be invalid. It actually creates more curiosity to figure out/look into who they are and be introduced to or go see the work or area they’re featured in, in person. IMO, dumb not to feature the exact same characters represented in the statue roster. By having the park exclusive characters featured, it’d actually create more incentive to visit & possibly spend more money to visit & purchase the merchandise featuring them on it. Not to mention, appeal to the uber fans aswell. Thus creating a ‘larger’ range of appeal. But yeah, oh well..
Though I’m sure you agree with me on these sentiments, knowing you. Lol! It’s just even from a management/advertising perspective it doesn’t make sense to me…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom