The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

I would assume they will do a special Park Guide Map for MK day of.
Seems a natural.

Hopefully the merchandise offerings will include some really nice peices, and not just the typical stuff like trading pins and t-shirts.
So many potential opportunities there besides the standard items.
Perhaps TDO needs to consult with Disneyland's merchandising team, as they often provide some really nice anniversary wares.

This would of course be a good time to roll out the 'retro themed WDW merch' as well.
And other....things.....

-

jrhwdw

I would assume they will do a special Park Guide Map for MK day of.
Seems a natural.

Hopefully the merchandise offerings will include some really nice peices, and not just the typical stuff like trading pins and t-shirts.
So many potential opportunities there besides the standard items.
Perhaps TDO needs to consult with Disneyland's merchandising team, as they often provide some really nice anniversary wares.

This would of course be a good time to roll out the 'retro themed WDW merch' as well.
And other....things.....

-
Entertainment wise?

TTA94

Do wonder how Oct 1 will play out. Will it be as huge of a day as many think with a big public ceremony similar to the 40th? Or will Disney do a special televised media and celebrity only ceremony prior to Oct 1 , and then treating Oct 1 like Christmas Day with no one day only special things happening?

MorphinePrince

I was sooo tempted to book park reservations for Oct 1 when they opened for APs yesterday but I decided to back out. I would love to be at MK for its 50th but I don't know if I could deal with the insane amount of people that are inevitably gonna be there.

jaklgreen

I was sooo tempted to book park reservations for Oct 1 when they opened for APs yesterday but I decided to back out. I would love to be at MK for its 50th but I don't know if I could deal with the insane amount of people that are inevitably gonna be there.
I usually avoid all crowds, but I never really get a chance to go to any kind of event like this since I am not local. This year, I am going and will be at MK on the 1st. I want to experience an event like this at least once. Might have to find a quiet, out of the way place for a bit, but am going to try to last out the day.

Musical Mermaid

I usually avoid all crowds, but I never really get a chance to go to any kind of event like this since I am not local. This year, I am going and will be at MK on the 1st. I want to experience an event like this at least once. Might have to find a quiet, out of the way place for a bit, but am going to try to last out the day.
This sounds like me, except the not local part. I avoid holidays, anniversaries, and grand openings so that I can visit at more pleasant times. I thought I’d try it just once though and it seems like now or never. I don’t think I’ll entertain the idea of crowds any better as I get older and I’m not sure I like all the changes happening to the parks, so I don’t know how often or how much longer I’ll continue to visit. I know there will be crowds in the stores on that day, so those are some areas I’ll definitely be avoiding.

MorphinePrince

You won't regret it!! While not on the same level as MK 50th, Epcot's 35th was a wonderful day and fantastic experience!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Crest is up -

IMG_578215621476-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom