The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

doctornick

Rivers of Light not dead? Lol Or they just fixing this area up to use for a relaxation area?

RoL is gone, but it doesn't mean that the theater couldn't be used for a new show at some point in the future. In fact, I would be surprised if it isn't used for something in the next year or two (once entertainment is back up and running in general).

While I think DAK could use a new evening show, I'll also point out that a daytime entertainment on the river would be a good idea as well.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
RoL is gone, but it doesn't mean that the theater couldn't be used for a new show at some point in the future. In fact, I would be surprised if it isn't used for something in the next year or two (once entertainment is back up and running in general).

While I think DAK could use a new evening show, I'll also point out that a daytime entertainment on the river would be a good idea as well.

hmm... Night time water parade?

I have been thinking of a way to have a nighttime parade in a post pandemic world. Maybe this is it.

TTA94

Kinda surprised Epcot isn’t booked yet. 1. The spaceship earth projections (Which I think will be a highlight of the four) 2. If they set the date for Harmonious to debut that Friday. That would make things interesting with bloggers lol choosing MK or Epcot with a brand new show. Where MK might have... HEA with a special tag?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Kinda surprised Epcot isn’t booked yet. 1. The spaceship earth projections (Which I think will be a highlight of the four) 2. If they set the date for Harmonious to debut that Friday. That would make things interesting with bloggers lol choosing MK or Epcot with a brand new show. Where MK might have... HEA with a special tag?

Not surprising at all. It’s the 50th for WDW, and that means MK. Christmas lights on SSE doesn’t change that one iota.

TTA94

If Epcot is full on a Oct 1st, it'll be Oct 1st 2022 for its 40th. Whether Epcot's 40th will be part of WDW 50th, who knows?

True. Maybe Harmonious won’t debut until Oct 2022 and we will have EF in the meantime. Would make more sense for them to hold off the debut until the 40th.

ToTBellHop

To be fair, I’ve said for almost a year that the plan is to kill RoL but put a new show there eventually. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them reuse the floats in a new show that people actually like. They are keeping the floats protected unlike SpectroMagic.

And, DAK returns to closing after sunset in just 7 months.

doctornick

To be fair, I’ve said for almost a year that the plan is to kill RoL but put a new show there eventually. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them reuse the floats in a new show that people actually like. They are keeping the floats protected unlike SpectroMagic.

Interesting info....

The floats were certainly beautiful. It wouldn't be all that difficult to add some a few more and have some appropriate music (and narration?) and have a satisfying night show. The biggest issue seemed to be the images on water screens which were very hit or miss and weather dependent.

A larger float with a big finale (fire/fountains/perhaps some low level fireworks) would likely be appreciated given that another complaint for RoL was a lack of a significant ending

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom