The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Parker in NYC

You have to see what happens with the vaccines in the next month. FEMA needs to set up sites all over with the single dose Johnson and Johnson to get things rolling.
The FEMA set-up at my place is filled with so many hot soldiers, I don't see why anyone would pass up a session with them. Sorry, just a side-note that made my Pfizer shots all the memorable.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Rat opening in October also didn’t make sense.
But doesn't all the newly upgraded night-time light packages in Epcot and DHS make up for not having (any or new) night time shows? We can all stand around Spaceship Earth and watch it twinkle as we ponder Rat opening in October.

TTA94

You have to see what happens with the vaccines in the next month. FEMA needs to set up sites all over with the single dose Johnson and Johnson to get things rolling.

Speculating here, It wouldn’t surprise me if there is more to the decision making of nighttime shows than just vaccines and case numbers. IMO it’s largely Chapek being paranoid of PR issues, backlash and legal situations. It’s possible that until something happens that protects Disney from legal situations, Chapek won’t budge on allowing large gatherings.

TrainsOfDisney

Speculating here, It wouldn’t surprise me if there is more to the decision making of nighttime shows than just vaccines and case numbers. IMO it’s largely Chapek being paranoid of PR issues, backlash and legal situations. It’s possible that until something happens that protects Disney from legal situations, Chapek won’t budge on allowing large gatherings.
More like Chapek not budging on $$$.

GimpYancIent

Disney's legal department is quite proactive I believe they will be on it.

havoc315

This doesn’t make any sense. Vaccines are improving. I could see Summer being iffy, but October?

If this does end up being true that doesn’t look good for MNSSHP this year, and where would this leave Harmonious? I guess they could return nighttime shows in November for the Holidays.

Harmonious isn’t necessarily in the same boat:
1. Epcot needs fireworks, festivals, special events to draw people. MK doesn’t need fireworks in the same way.
2. Easier to social distance in World Showcase, compared to Main Street.

I don’t know when fireworks return anywhere, but I can see them returning to Epcot before MK.

havoc315

Or could be a financial issue. Seeking to minimize costs, fireworks aren’t cheap.

TTA94

Think @marni1971 was trying to get us all worked up today. And on a Saturday to lol. Jk, but it worked 🤣.

On a serious note I still think May or June will tell us a bit more, after the Spring Break numbers roll in and vaccine status at that time. At least let’s hope for more positive news soon.

jrhwdw

Hes a idiot if he thinks that. Yeah it’ll cost $$$ to bring back the shows, but it will also increase guest spending. Does he really think guests do not care there is not entertainment?
Esp if more guests flock to USF for CineCele and SWO if they have Electric Ocean this year????? RTV1 was over the moon last right after CineCele, won't more amd more people choose UOR/SWO if Disney stays quiet?? Why even bother having a 50th if you're going to have a 5PM Summer again this year???? I gave WDW a pass last Summer because they just reopened. SWO was the big risk taker last year with July 4th, but it worked out. USF got CineClele back for Halloween(way better than HHN, IMO)Yes, MK got Pyro Shots for Thanksgiving till New Years, IDK if that was too soft???? If a 5PM Summer is confirmed and there's no Pyro on the 50th(unless it turns out to be a poorly chosen MNSSHP night)....We have something to worry about and Heads needs to Roll!!!!

jrhwdw

Think @marni1971 was trying to get us all worked up today. And on a Saturday to lol. Jk, but it worked 🤣.

On a serious note I still think May or June will tell us a bit more, after the Spring Break numbers roll in and vaccine status at that time. At least let’s hope for more positive news soon.
IDK why Martin's doing that lately? First it was the Stargate Barges coming into WSL(Popcorn Bag), now this???? He's a wonderful historian and his Videos are Perfection!! He doesn't need to send us into a tizzy or blow up the Boards!

Yeah, should be interesting to see if the Parks are dead after 6 PM and USF's lagoon is at COVID Capacity!

Last edited:

SplashJacket

After reading this, someone needs to give Chapek a drug test.
I can absolutely believe that satisfaction ratings are higher than before covid. The people willing to go to a theme park during a pandemic are vastly different from the people going during normal times so their expectations of the parks can be lower. Either they're diehard fans that give Disney a free pass, or they are first-time visitors that don't care about the extras in the park.

It could also be a complete fabrication, but I don't think it is necessarily an outright lie.

I don't doubt the parks are currently worse to attend than pre-covid, but actual guest satisfaction surveys may dish out different results.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom