The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brb1006

I was just coming in here to post this!

Amazing how the opening celebration for an AP party at DLP is more impressive than anything WDW could manage for the resort's 50th anniversary! Through the evening, they also had fun nostalgic features like projecting the decorations from past anniversaries onto the castle and replaying pre-announcements and the dedication by Eisner as the castle's construction was being projected.

Blows my mind that WDW did nothing like that for the half-century of what is supposedly their flagship resort and speaks to how poor management of the resort if not the parks in the US more generally is at the moment.

Here's a short clip of the projection show they did of the pre-opening announcements before the live show in front of the castle:

Man Disneyland Paris's 30th Anniversary is really kicking WDW's 50th Anniversarie's butt so hard!

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Man Disneyland Paris's 30th Anniversary is really kicking WDW's 50th Anniversarie's butt so hard!
Agreed. I'm trying not to idealise DLP management too much, but I am so impressed with how much genuine affection for their resort they seem to be displaying. WDW's 50th will have to go down as the most passionless anniversary celebration in the history of the parks. I guess for a brief moment, at least, we did have the Main Street USA DJ.

Another nice thing they did for annual passholders at Disneyland Paris was recreate old shows from the park's history stretching back to 1992.

brb1006

Mickey's Magical Memories was a whole show about the history of the park and previous celebrations

Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland was a tour of the park, highlighting all the major attractions

Disney Enchantment is an ad for Disney+ that has nothing to do with WDW.
Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland is by far the best projection show in any Disney Park. It's so well executed!

Last edited:

brb1006

Agreed. I'm trying not to idealise DLP management too much, but I am so impressed with how much genuine affection for their resort they seem to be displaying. WDW's 50th will have to go down as the most passionless anniversary celebration in the history of the parks. I guess for a brief moment, at least, we did have the Main Street USA DJ.

Another nice thing they did for annual passholders at Disneyland Paris was recreate old shows from the park's history stretching back to 1992.
Same, I'm also trying to not idealise DLP's management. But ever since their 25th Anniversary (I'll never forget the massive amount of Disney Characters that walked down Main Street), it appears that DLP suddenly did a 180 when it comes to celebrating anniversaries.

Last edited:

brb1006

And we got barges and Harmonius. Ugh....
They were even able to recreate the Walt Disney Pictures Logo recently during an Annual Passholder Event.
DisneylandParis.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom