The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brihow

Sort of a random question - but since it's been about 18 months or so - does anyone think the pink/rose gold paint on the castle has faded at all? I remember right after it was repainted some folks (myself included) were thinking if it faded a bit it wouldn't be so....well.....ugly.

ToTBellHop

Sort of a random question - but since it's been about 18 months or so - does anyone think the pink/rose gold paint on the castle has faded at all? I remember right after it was repainted some folks (myself included) were thinking if it faded a bit it wouldn't be so....well.....ugly.
Yes it has faded a bit.

1641225922653.jpeg

Brian

Well, at least the producer of that video can rest assured that they have a promising future ahead of them in the CCP's propaganda publicity unit if the whole Disney thing doesn't work out.

dreday3

I have a question...does anyone have an inkling if they are continuing the extra hours after close for deluxe resort guests beyond the 50th celebration? If I remember correctly, they were announced as part of the celebration.

ToTBellHop

I have a question...does anyone have an inkling if they are continuing the extra hours after close for deluxe resort guests beyond the 50th celebration? If I remember correctly, they were announced as part of the celebration.
I doubt they’ve decided. If they get rooms booked and cost less than the discounts otherwise needed, sure. The early entry is meant to be permanent though.

CntrlFlPete

They (shop Disney) are having some real big issues (IMHO). They seem to be shipping out incorrect products, really seems like their inventory system logged all the product SKUs incorrectly.

My wife had been wanting a dress she had seen in promo photos. We never saw it in the parks, she did not get it when it hit shop Disney but later heard a lot of folks saying they ordered the WDW 50th and got the Disneyland dress of the same type of design -- then we heard a lot of folks ordered the DL and got the WDW -- a mistake I guess --

But then she saw a jersey she had been waiting for -- she ordered it from shop Disney -- they sent her a Hong Kong earidesent jersey that had not been released yet. I would have thought they would have figured out what happen w/ the dress (the funny here is that we also heard that WDW was shipped the DL dresses) and straighten it all out as opposed to just shipping stuff out wrongly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes it has faded a bit.

View attachment 611754

There's still the blue on the spires but it's again faded, and the pink is faded and still ugly. It's the worst of both worlds... 🤦‍♂️ Pink on Cinderella Castle is wrong, Wrong, WRONG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom