The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Brian

Anyone else get a 50th celebration survey? My friend got one for DHS when they were there last week...the options were pretty great:
yqvRKfk.jpg

nAX7M4h.jpg

We both seemed to feel the same on this "celebration". The whole survey felt like they know because man...the 50th...even with how the world is I understand...but I'll be blunt...it absolutely sucks. Having a regional park celebrate their 150th (if you scaled single "small park" to "large vacation destination") really showed how bad Disney is handling the 50th even with covid.

That "small park" hit every bit of a celebration I would've expected to see from Disney. From celebrating the past with signage all around saying "this was here and this is why it was important", having art and merch of old attractions from years past, new entertainment all throughout, chances to win free gifts right in the park, a flippin' one of a kind parade, and a nighttime show that actually covered the history of the park. I had a feeling it was going to be disappointing from what Disney did on 10/1 but being there...yikes.
That second question's response options seems to indicate that they already know the answer to their question. It's just a matter of how many people submit the survey at this point.

Figments Friend

Anyone else get a 50th celebration survey? My friend got one for DHS when they were there last week...the options were pretty great:
yqvRKfk.jpg

nAX7M4h.jpg

We both seemed to feel the same on this "celebration". The whole survey felt like they know because man...the 50th...even with how the world is I understand...but I'll be blunt...it absolutely sucks. Having a regional park celebrate their 150th (if you scaled single "small park" to "large vacation destination") really showed how bad Disney is handling the 50th even with covid.

That "small park" hit every bit of a celebration I would've expected to see from Disney. From celebrating the past with signage all around saying "this was here and this is why it was important", having art and merch of old attractions from years past, new entertainment all throughout, chances to win free gifts right in the park, a flippin' one of a kind parade, and a nighttime show that actually covered the history of the park. I had a feeling it was going to be disappointing from what Disney did on 10/1 but being there...yikes.

I received this same survey after my visit during the week of October 1st.
Same questions, plus several specifically wanting my opinions on how hypothetically 'disappointed' or 'not effected' my thoughts were regarding entertainment and character meetings.
🤔

I snapped screen shots at the time....may still have them.
Lots a questions regarding my opinions on how I felt about my expereince visiting DHS as well which I found unusual.
Questions seemed to allude to being aware of issues.

I have taken many surveys over many years when visiting WDW, but this one was unsettling.
Disney loves to send these to me...sometimes even while still on Property.
I answer them honestly, and always type out specific feedback.
Perhaps why I keep getting them.
This has been going on since at least the very early 2000s.

-

Last edited:

brb1006

That second question's response options seems to indicate that they already know the answer to their question. It's just a matter of how many people submit the survey at this point.
The different answers for that survey is very interesting to put it lightly.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
yqvRKfk.jpg

nAX7M4h.jpg

Where’s the “All of the above” for the second question? Seriously, I would have clicked on everything except “none of the above”. Admittedly I wasn’t there but saw so, so many accounts and pictures of what went on. The only highlight for me was the original Casey’s piano player returning to play. That one got me right in the feels.

trainplane3

Where’s the “All of the above” for the second question? Seriously, I would have clicked on everything except “none of the above”. Admittedly I wasn’t there but saw so, so many accounts and pictures of what went on. The only highlight for me was the original Casey’s piano player returning to play. That one got me right in the feels.
Hey, they got lots of merch and food! I wouldn't be able to deny that.

That piano player was something special and I would've love to see him. The SSE lights and the Electrical Water Pageant 50th tags are the best part, easily. Those both felt like there was passion behind them. Everything else was lazy and sadly, forgettable.

Banners, statues, food, and merch can't carry a celebration.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hey, they got lots of merch and food! I wouldn't be able to deny that.

That piano player was something special and I would've love to see him. The SSE lights and the Electrical Water Pageant 50th tags are the best part, easily. Those both felt like there was passion behind them. Everything else was lazy and sadly, forgettable.

Banners, statues, food, and merch can't carry a celebration.
I’m not a fan of the SSE LED billboard. They use full power mode far too much. The lights work best when used to enhance the surface and floodlight illumination. I posted a picture a while back of an example.

TikibirdLand

Why on earth would anyone buy things from eBay resellers, who buy out product in the parks, often preventing those in the parks from obtaining said product, and then sell it online at a (not-insignificant) markup?
I'm game... Because I want it, they got it, and Disney ain't got it?
Lately, I bought a few Disney t-shirts from 2019 and 2020 (and a few older ones). But, I've never paid anywhere near retail for them. So, YMMV.

IMDREW

Why on earth would anyone buy things from eBay resellers, who buy out product in the parks, often preventing those in the parks from obtaining said product, and then sell it online at a (not-insignificant) markup?
Im also completely against it, but, during the european - us travel ban, and now with me being unable to travel, it is the only way for me to get that 50th merch. They have like 5 items on shopdisney here, but thats it. If Disney would make overseas people able to get it online in their own store, I would do that.

brb1006

Shame they never put a small factoid sign out in front of the Amature Athetlic Union building and it's historical use of being on property..
The+Walt+Disney+World+Preview+Center+02.jpg

preview-center.jpg
That's exactly what I was thinking. Bummed Disney didn't think about that idea. It would had been a great exhibit showcasing Walt Disney World's past.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hours were released for the first day of Daylight Time today, and DAK closes at 7 pm, so I guess the 50th projection show on the Tree of Life doesn’t occur after Daylight Saving Time returns. If you are going to Answer the Call, it will have to be at the other 3 parks.
I wouldn't bet a nickel that those times remain unaltered even at a thousand to one odds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom