The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Cesar R M

I thought it was a stupid vhs cartoon highlight reel that didn’t fit the park, has no theme/flow, and a bunch of stuff going on with the kraken that doesn’t make any sense?
It is.. just came back from Epcot, Its just a collection of remixes of the famous music cartoons by disney and pixar.
Including Moana and COCO.
The 4 "taco" units and "stargate" ring tech is pretty impressive.. including the mobile arches.
Pyro was a bit lackluster so.. I'm not exactly sure what was the theme of the show. It had.. nothing to do with epcot imho.

At first I was thinking it was related to each pavilion with their respective movie music combo.. but.. no?
I mean, where does Moana fit?

Also Epcot is a darn ugly construction work right now D:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Starbucks tumblers that people were brawling over in the Emporium and selling on ebay for $400 are now available on ShopDisney for $50.

Almost as if merchandise for this 18 month celebration will be available for more than one day. Maybe, I don't know, it will be out for 18 months or so.
Indeed.

I don't remember anywhere official Disney was saying that any of the 50th merch was limited time or limited edition.

Surprising actually considering what they did with the new Epcot posters.

JohnD

And they are selling out!

It really is end times.
What is the deal with Disney Starbucks merchandise! It’s not enough to have something from one corporation on your tumbler, you need two? For me, I never cared for Starbucks so no driving need for me to purchase a $5 cup of coffee from a Starbucks inside or outside of Disney, much less 50th anniversary merch.

Tay

Recovering from my trip. It was okay. I wish all the limited edition merchandise didn’t sell out before I got to MK at around noon.
Nothing about being there on the 1st screamed first day of the 50th anniversary. It screamed, we waited until the last minute then Covid hit but Disney loyalists don’t care that we had 50 years to plan for it and will still show up.

Crowds were crazy but the wait times were amazing. I got to ride Space Mountain twice in like 20 minutes, same with 7 Dwarfs twice in an hour. Everyone was just flaunting their goods waiting on the fireworks. A nighttime parade would have made things so much better. Fireworks are just fireworks to me. I didn’t like the music for the new fireworks or the lack of the Renaissance era and other classics but I get why they went in that direction.

ToTBellHop

Disney would like us to have the same warm feelings toward the 50th as these two share toward each other:
1633543364967.jpeg

Tay

The Starbucks tumblers that people were brawling over in the Emporium and selling on ebay for $400 are now available on ShopDisney for $50.

Almost as if merchandise for this 18 month celebration will be available for more than one day. Maybe, I don't know, it will be out for 18 months or so.
I saw reusable bags that are like $2 being resold for like $20+. I was tempted to go and buy a ton but I was just over it. I’m not even going to lie I almost slapped the smirk off this jerk’s face with 4 Minnie Mouse sippers when I asked a cast member about it and she said it was sold out but being banned from Disney and in Orlando jail for the weekend came across my mind.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This “the magic is you” nonsense is utterly lazy. So we are now responsible for creating our own magic, not Disney? So I can go to a freezer in a resort gift shop and give my kids free Mickey ice cream bars and claim “It’s a Magical Moment”? I can cut to the front of the line on any ride and claim “Magic!!”?

This is lazy, Disney marketing geniuses, not “empowering”, like you think.

L
A
Z
Y

mikejs78

Premium Member
This “the magic is you” nonsense is utterly lazy. So we are now responsible for creating our own magic, not Disney? So I can go to a freezer in a resort gift shop and give my kids free Mickey ice cream bars and claim “It’s a Magical Moment”? I can cut to the front of the line on any ride and claim “Magic!!”?

This is lazy, Disney marketing geniuses, not “empowering”, like you think.

L
A
Z
Y
Uhh, the 50th slogan is "The Magic is Calling".

durangojim

We’re here at WDW right now and both my wife and I are very disappointed to see very little merch for the 50th available, and most of what is available is pretty meh. The creation shop (what a stupid name) had virtually nothing yesterday, the emporium had little, the big top circus tent store had no merchandise and all the shelves that normally had any merch were covered up and tables or eat are in there now, and Disney springs had the same stuff that the emporium did at both the world of Disney and the Co-op. The coolest thing we bought was a pair of Ray Bans for the 50th. Oh well, saves me money I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom